RSOV shipping guns to uk

wally squad

Sorry if it's elsewhere....

We keep on receiving inquiries from U.K. customers asking to ship complete RIF / AEGs to U.K. as they are registered skirmishers and is legal to import RIF / AEGs.

If you are really understand the VCR bill and know the terms and condition of the regulation. We are more than happy to ship your RIF / AEG order to U.K.

However please noted we will NOT take any responsibilty of your package being seized or confiscated by U.K. customs if you are not able to prove to the concerned authorities that you are legal to import such articles. So please place your order only if you are fully understand the requirement of the new import regulations of RIF / AEG in U.K.

A declaration letter will be emailed to you asking for your personal info and signature. Please kindly sign and return either by fax or email and the letter will be attached with your package together with an invoice for the customs inspection and clearance. No order will be shipped without the returned signed document.

Thanks for your attention.

keith

www.rsov.com

Good ol' Keith

Surely unless you can prove to customs that you are a bona fida airsofter you will run the risk of having the rifs impounded and possibly being prosecuted!

Have custom and excise got access to the database yet?

Oh please...

Go read the VCRA FAQ.

YOU DONT NEED TO BE ON A DATABASE !!!

there. as long as you can prove your a skirmisher, either from a membership form from your local site. or say a diary thats been stamped by the local site. OR you have been placed on the UKARA database (which means youve already bought a RIF as you posted you form to a UKARA retailer when you bought your RIF after oct 1st.

Right now I personally feel it's a bit 'iffy' to import RIF's so I'm waiting to see a proper procedure established, that'll avoid anything being shredded by customs.

Keith's only done this due to the volume of people still ordering RIF's from him. And he's been decent enough to warn folk first that there may be problems.

So it looks like either the paypal restriction has been lifted, or they've worked out a cunning way to circumvent it.

You know, I seem to recall back before the 15th Sept, someone predicting that certain HK retailers who claimed they'd no longer supply to the UK "to protect customers" so best buy ASAP would re-open trading after the backlog was cleared....

*sigh* it must be nice to be young and naive rather than old and cynical

I don't really think it matters if your on the database or not.

As I understand it, a foreign supplier could only be prosecuted for shipping RIF here if his native government were to extradite him, which aint going to happen. You will only be in trouble recieving RIFs if your either under 18 or don't have a viable defence ie; skirmisher. One of the ways to prove you are a skirmisher is to have your name on the UKARA database. So, if you are a member of a site with third party liability, and on the UKARA database I can't really see why anyone is panicing about ordering from overseas.

Unfortunatly being old and cynical as well, i'm pretty sure retailers hyped up the 'omfg buying airsoft guns is going to be banned right now so you need to buy everything you might ever want right now!!!' and then it turns out it's pretty much all OK

Archived