More ICS Exclusive from ICS L86 announced!

FarEast

I kind of guessed that... I'm just not used to seeing real L86's fire over 30 rounds without changing a mag...

has anyone ascertained if the SA80 line will be easy to modify from ICS? I'm thinking of building a DMR version for use at my regular ground. even if I have to rip the guts out and turn it into a project gun...

How would anyone possibly know that? ICS haven't released the gun yet, so nobody has had a look at it. FarEast will probably have one of the first for review, so you're just going to have to wait for him to post on here.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Current models of the L85 from G&G/ARMY does not accept the SUSAT scope, however does ICS intend to to have thier carry handle removable to use a real SUSAT scope? The problem with dimensions of the reciever proved to be problem that did not allow scopes to be mounted.

As Stealth has said you only need to remove a minimal amount of paint/metal from the sight rail to fit a susat, if you do a search for "L85 susat mount"?or something along those lines and select titles only there are several topics that cover this.

I think the scope mount was one of the things mentioned to ICS when they first asked for comment on their design a few months back. I'm pretty sure I remember reading that they've since made accomodation for different types of scope.

If I rememeber correctly when details first emerged last year sometime before the AA R85 came out the ICS prototype had a 20mm rail as alot of people on here had said they wanted to fit sights other than a susat. Yet when ICS did this everyone started to *badgeress* about how they changed the rail and they can't fit a susat!? regardless of the fact they got what they asked for, I'm not completely sure but I think it was mentioned ICS may decide to do two separate top rails a 19mm dovetail and 20mm ris/ras whatever you wanna call it rail.

Do anyone notice on the top of the bullpup L86, an another airsoft replica or everyone is blind ? :rolleyes:

Perhaps no one cares as this is the L86 thread?

Now I've had a think about it I'd like to see the bolt and cocking handle lock back (a la Gas blow back but in electric) to simulate after 30 rnds the mag is empty... on the L86 I'd use 30 round lo caps (I'm that nuts) but I'd not be using it as a LSW... I'd use it in a DMR role.

As someone said not going to happen, it could be debated that existing L85 replica's are already overcomplicate with recoil and pre-cocking systems, what you're asking for is just something else to go wrong that will require endless hours trying to get it work as it should.

Is this gun a support weapon or a dmr?

Originally intended as a support weapon (hence being called the LSW), but with a 30 round magazine, long barrel, 4x sight, and fantastic accuracy means that it's much more useful as a DMR. Sections that use these tend to have the LSW gunners lay down the most fire, and 2 each of everyone's mags are to give to the LSW gunner.

Ah thanks guys for clearing up the SUSAT issue. What I was asking was a gun that did not had to be shaved on your first buy to put a SUSAT. I understand the G&G/AA can be modfied with a simple tool and small amount of time (this is because BOTH models was in the store), however it would be better if the company took in consideration to have thier product with the right dimension on thier first run. Usually if you have to modify a new gun out the box it already shows not much effort was put into the gun. That's why I was asking. Then again, thanks for the help Tiff Lee, Angry, and Stealth Bomber!

Going back to the first picture that Far East posted...I sorta like that look already without the carry handle, bipods, and sight. Looks like a *(sorry for my otaku-side but,) a Gundam beam rifle!

If ICS make their own susat, maybe they won't want you to use the star susat (which is a bit shoddy anyway imo), plus what if they'd stuck to the 20mm rail on the sa80s as a default? 20mm susat for all of us who want a stalker Lr300?:P

If only someone other than G&G made an LR300!

From what I recall after everyone moaned about the rails ICS decided to release the L85 with the 19mm dove tail to fit SUSATS and then will also release a 20mm also for players wishing to mount a different optical devices.

As for the SUSAT and other L85 accessories, I have asked several times if ICS will make a replicas and they are keeping very tight lipped so we will have to wait and see.

Well I'm a 17 year old flapping my mouth about how awesome this is.

That said, I have no intentions to buy it. I already own two high-end AEGs, and I surely don't need a third (but I'm sure by the end of 2008 I'll have a third), but even then... I wouldn't want an L86.

But I am happy that ICS is branching out their range. In my opinion, ICS is the best manufacturer out there... and their new M4s are mind-blowing. I'm just happy that the ICS love can be spread to a new audience looking for the L86.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any word on when this will be hitting the UK shores?

Edit - Just had another browse, does anyone have a rough idea of the price, I read about £200 (Well, more that it was going to be a competitive price.) but surely it won't be that low? I hope it is though :D

• 4 months later...

Hm, On the ICS website they dont have ANYTHING about the LSW. Im waiting atm for it as that my next gun but nothing's really materalised.

Also who said the LSW was originally intended as a support weapon?????? :o

It was designed as a DMR for long range shooting but found itself in the LSW role instead as the army thought, hey why not use it for long range support instead.

I'm really wanting the LSW.!!!!!!!!!! Getting bored of my old guns :(

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived