Spartan Imports - CA's New Releases at Shotshow 2008

orca

In airsoft terms - the biggest differences are only two:

1. They look slightly different

2. The SCAR-L uses bog standard M4/M16 family magazines, whereas the SCAR-H uses some kind of unique magazine (or, it might be the same magazine as used in their SR25 model).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SCAR-L is chambered for 5.56mm NATO.

SCAR-H is chambered for 7.62mm NATO.

<_< thanks for that.....I know, however, seeing as you won't be firing that kind of munitions from your average airsoft rifle, I don't see how that "difference" will justifiably translate to the "game".

I guess my only lingering question now would be whether those "parts" which make up a GEN III SCAR H can be fed back to a SCAR L....it would be nice to "update" my current CA SCAR. :rolleyes:

I just saw Maple Leafs response.

@ Maple-leaf

Do you think the hop unit will have a slightly different placing in the upper reciever? or will the mag well be "restricted" so as to allow only the 7.62mm replica mags?

Props to Classic Army for getting out a variety of guns. The sportline series is pretty affordable too. Even cheaper than the Chinese replicas and you get the Classic Army quality. Tokyo Marui is good and all, but they just keep cranking out the same AEG's from the beginning. Great marketing and product development for CA.

you do not get the classic army qaulity in the sportline series, atleast in materials used for gears and other gearbox parts.

Well the specs for them say different.

*Zinc (alloy?) Gearbox

*Steel gears

Seems pretty good to me.

Rich.

Props to Classic Army for getting out a variety of guns. The sportline series is pretty affordable too. Even cheaper than the Chinese replicas and you get the Classic Army quality. Tokyo Marui is good and all, but they just keep cranking out the same AEG's from the beginning. Great marketing and product development for CA.

Apart from the SCAR H and the AR-10. All these airsoftguns are far from new. Just copies of other brands.

Though I wouldn't mind a P 90 metal receiver, or rectile like the RS. Altough, I wouldn't count on it.

I mean, yes we need more mp5, AK 47, etc.... <_<

Guess CA is like Ipod. :unsure:

• 4 months later...

Sportslines, UGHH. The M15 seems to be a total waste. Was at a skirmish on saturday week, 3 brand new sportsline m15s, all dead within the day. A majority of the ones sold here seem to have died within a few hundred rounds. On the other hand the Mp5s held up without a single issue so maybe there's hope yet.

PS: P90s in soon. YEY. Fingers crossed.

Archived