Systema MP5A4 Video Preview by Redwolf

OverKiller93

has anyone actually seen a mag to confirm that its its own kind also about the auto cut off.......its not a surprise it doesn't have it in a way. The MP5 doesn't have a bolt hold open function (unless you count MP5/10 or MP5/40)

edit: maybe it uses a "hybrid gearbox", Revolution + quick change cylinders like the AR PTW's?

has anyone actually seen a mag to confirm that its its own kind also about the auto cut off.......its not a surprise it doesn't have it in a way. The MP5 doesn't have a bolt hold open function (unless you count MP5/10 or MP5/40)

and? then you make the reinitialisation switch trip on charging the bolt rather than hitting a bolt release - its not as though the bolt cycles on the PTW anyway

again, go back to the issue with the mags, iirc the AR PTW's use a special mag, so far as it seems like none of us know for sure if the PTW uses specialized mags there may not be something to trigger the turn off mech.

No, i think the AR has a small lazer diod that when stays uninterrupted when the trigger is depressed causes the gearbox to shutoff, which is why the AR requires you to hit the bolt catch to re-arm it. My guess is that the Mp5 doesn't have this system in it and therefor hasn't got the electronics package fitted for the shutoff...

well isn't that rather the point it makes no odds what specific system controls or mags they employed on the PTW the fact is they dont look to have bothered their *albartroth* going to a similar effort for the MP5

after all its the switch connected to the PTWs bolt stop that provides the reset functionality not the fact the PTW has a bolt stop to attach it to.

the mags arent specific enough - because they havent made them specific enough. Thats a bit like excusing a car manufacturer for making a car that doesnt stop "because they didnt include brake discs on that model"

the mp5 hasnt got a bolt stop to wire a reset to - then you wire it to the MP5 procedural equivalent ie the rear of the cocking tube so that when the cocking lever is drawn back it creates a closed circuit on the switch, to acheive the same system reset as pressing a PTW bolt latch would.

ummm what? Systema PTW mags are required for the PTW........I'm not seeing your point.......the mags aren't specific enough? Systema makes their own specialized magazines....and have you taken into consideration the MP5's mag isn't the same size as the M4? but most importantly don't say they haven't taken the effort to replicate the same things. the AR PTW's are on what their 3rd or 4th version now? Redwolf's video doesn't say if its a demo or production model does it? So before you start complaining, why don't you go try to mass produce a gun within a profitable margin?

edit: I think you should be complain more that the bolt/bolt cover doesn't move with the cocking handle. as much as I hate to say this it just looks like the MP5 PTW might just be a normal MP5 with a split Revolution gearbox

Well said Alice.

Lets wait and see guys, that is a demo gun in the redwolf video.

The one thing that i will say is that the PTW from generation 1 had a working bolt catch so dont expect systema to add a HUGE feature like cocking the gun to a later generation.

i have been following this on the ptw forums, the gun in use is currently confirmed as a prototype so it may have been that the stop function hasnt been incorporated yet. Personaly not holding my breath but i want to have to recharge the gun everytime the mag is out and if i dont its not a ptw and the mp5 has even less appeal, even more so with the new GB coming out. The vidio is also a bit misleading because they cock and charge the gun at the start of it.. but then also demonstrate it dry fire.

Lame i really wanted that feature, surely it cant be that hard to make it just go back and forth when the charging handle is moved! Its a PTW for gods sake. I mean i no this doesnt happen on the m4 i was just hoping for more of a realistic charging action out of this mp5.

edit:

Apparently this has also been reviewed in aprils edtion of "gun and arms" magazine i assume somone got an early issue... but apparently this also confirms it will be coming with a stop firing mech.

As long as it has the "stop firing" mech, I don't see what else you could ask for!?!? With the 3 burst, and anti dry firing (for what its worth) its on par (spec wise) with its M16/M4 models.

Still, I'd wait and see what the first gen MP5s are like in field before I buy one.....

As long as it has the "stop firing" mech, I don't see what else you could ask for!?!? With the 3 burst, and anti dry firing (for what its worth) its on par (spec wise) with its M16/M4 models.

Still, I'd wait and see what the first gen MP5s are like in field before I buy one.....

Lol yeah but i think considering the Evolution gearbox is coming out i am now having 2nd thoughs over paying £600/700 for a die cast metal body that doesnt even have a movable bolt!

Lol yeah but i think considering the Evolution gearbox is coming out i am now having 2nd thoughs over paying £600/700 for a die cast metal body that doesnt even have a movable bolt!

Do you mean a reciprocating bolt? The PTW mp5 definitely should have a moving bolt. In response to Alice's post, i think what Wallace meant was that the bolt cover wouldnt move. Why would systema remove the ability to at least move the charging handle?

Archived