Systema MP5A4 Video Preview by Redwolf

OverKiller93

no i do mean the bolt cover/chamber area thing, So if it doesnt move its just gonna be die cast metal and that combined with recharging the gun everytime its just gonna break in a short space of time me thinks but hey lets wait for the gun and see, its getting so close now everyone is going crazy over it especialy me!

What I don't understand is what makes this better.

Collapsible stock? No.

Trademarks? No.

Realistic cut-off? Nope.

Durable internals? Forget about it.

Widely available mags and parts? Not likely.

Favorable pricing? Hell no.

Wow, I'm sold.

I've personally seen the magazine. It does have a stud that pokes out from the rear when the magazine is empty, but stays in as long as there are BBs in the magazine. This means that the magazines are capable of working an empty-mag cut-off feature.

What you see through the ejection port is the bolt carrier. It does not move at all. The charging handle does move as usual, so the handling is realistic.

Looks like the pros we have with this one over AEGs are:

-You can tap the trigger on semi and it'll complete the cycle

-Empty mag cut-off (magazines make this possible although it's not implemented in the pre-production models)

-3 round burst

-No V2 box to break

-PTW type full steel tooth piston

-Realistic flat grip

-Sturdy front (I've seen too many AEGs snap from the cocking tube, but looking at the pictures of the PTW MP5 it'll be rock solid)

-Sale

I've personally seen the magazine. It does have a stud that pokes out from the rear when the magazine is empty, but stays in as long as there are BBs in the magazine. This means that the magazines are capable of working an empty-mag cut-off feature.

What you see through the ejection port is the bolt carrier. It does not move at all. The charging handle does move as usual, so the handling is realistic.

Looks like the pros we have with this one over AEGs are:

-You can tap the trigger on semi and it'll complete the cycle

-Empty mag cut-off (magazines make this possible although it's not implemented in the pre-production models)

-3 round burst

-No V2 box to break

-PTW type full steel tooth piston

-Realistic flat grip

-Sturdy front (I've seen too many AEGs snap from the cocking tube, but looking at the pictures of the PTW MP5 it'll be rock solid)

-Sale

I've personally experienced cocking tube breakage, but I'm not sure Systema offers a better alternative. Wasn't there an issue with M4 receivers cracking? The difference is that I can pop over to AEX to get a replacement body for a TM gun, but a replacement Systema component can only be made by the Systema dwarves in their gold-plated Hello Kitty mine on Mt. Fuji.

Monk: The cocking tube is one solid piece with the receiver, and there's the steel outer barrel in front as well. I think if you run into a wall with the PTW MP5, you'll break bones too if you hit it hard enough for the PTW to break. The M4 lower receiver issue is different, and it's visibly not the sturdiest design to begin with. Would be easy to fix by machining the receiver.

Aight, I got an e-mail back. In the voice of superintendent Andrews: "This is rumour control, here are the facts."

The "bolt stop" function has NOT beem implemented on the prototype we received. So, it is correct that right now it will keep shooting BBs even if the magazine is empty. But final production version WILL have the bolt-stop function.

I have to admit it's kinda confusing to see prototypes in action without this feature, with no manufacturer-initiated mention that it'll be there on the final version. But now we know: The PTW MP5 will stop firing on an empty mag!

-Sale

No, i think the AR has a small lazer diod that when stays uninterrupted when the trigger is depressed causes the gearbox to shutoff, which is why the AR requires you to hit the bolt catch to re-arm it. My guess is that the Mp5 doesn't have this system in it and therefor hasn't got the electronics package fitted for the shutoff...

Nope. It's not that fancy.

The AR has a lever at the rear of the mag that is attached to the magazine follower. When the last BB is fired, the follower hits the top of the mag and the attached lever presses the lever up. This in turn opens the switch/button that has to remain pressed in order to allow the gun to fire.

The 'hit the bolt stop' feature is wonky on many PTWs. I can swap mags in mine and it'll be hot. No need to go through the real reload procedure.

The 'hit the bolt stop' feature is wonky on many PTWs. I can swap mags in mine and it'll be hot. No need to go through the real reload procedure.

You only need to hit the bolt hold open if you shot the previous magazine dry. If you do a tactical reload (=before you're out of ammo), you don't need to hit the BHO on the real one or the PTW.

If your PTW allows you to continue firing without pressing the BHO after you shot the mag dry, then it's wonky.

-Sale

You only need to hit the bolt hold open if you shot the previous magazine dry. If you do a tactical reload (=before you're out of ammo), you don't need to hit the BHO on the real one or the PTW.

If your PTW allows you to continue firing without pressing the BHO after you shot the mag dry, then it's wonky.

-Sale

Its definitely wonky. Depending on how you're holding the rifle the rifle will often trigger the bolt catch after inserting the magazine negating the need to press it in order to slam the bolt forward and "chamber a round".

-Sale

Yep Sale, I do both tactical and dry mag reloads (depends on how many zombies are charging!) and find that neither requires the bolt hold open be tapped. Wonkiness abounds.

Yep Sale, I do both tactical and dry mag reloads (depends on how many zombies are charging!) and find that neither requires the bolt hold open be tapped. Wonkiness abounds.

Did you upgrade your red cylinder to zombie killing specifications? :D Ie brainless head seeking rounds?!?!

Er, on second thought you might not want to do that, you might start killing paintballers...OOOO, ZING!!!!

Archived