Accuracy International AW .50 Cal Sniper

dobey

There are plenty of ways it could be done, but none of them include leaving the base gun stock underneath it all. The parts I made just cover the working pieces, I didn't make anything that comes in contact with working parts. But thanks I went from thinking it was coming along nicely to wow what a piece of *beep*.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But thanks I went from thinking it was coming along nicely to wow what a piece of *beep*.

Apologies.

Posting stuff on a forum for comments is always a risky business.

*EDIT*

Certainly no criticism of the workmanship. I just think the result is going to be flawed.

I guess the first guy who ever turned an AK into a replica SVD probably felt the same way. :(

My suggestion for the ejection port size being wrong is to machine the opening on the bolt on part larger, to emulate the .50 round. It will create the illusion of the port being the correct size, when the bolt is closed at least. Just a thought.

I still think it's fantastic work! I wouldn't have noticed the port, had it not been pointed out.

My suggestion for the ejection port size being wrong is to machine the opening on the bolt on part larger, to emulate the .50 round. It will create the illusion of the port being the correct size, when the bolt is closed at least. Just a thought.

i would have said that would be the easiest and best solution without modifying the base gun at all.

anyhoo, compliment time. EPIC work, i can honestly say i would have laughed when you said you were going to do this if i hadnt seen some of your previous work :) fantastic

This thing is not for the small guys:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/caferacing/sniper1.jpg

You know, I'm tempted to send you on some Irish cammo so you can replicate that original pic! ...

I'm not gonna, but I'm tempted! :P

Good work man, it looks the shizz, particularly given the restrictions you had to work under...

lol I was wishing we had some here to do just that. Maybe TDS will pose for some shots when he comes to pick it up. Reworking the ejection port some more, here it is opened up 9/16 of an inch more, looking better, still more to do to get it right:

test-002.jpg

lol I was wishing we had some here to do just that. Maybe TDS will pose for some shots when he comes to pick it up. Reworking the ejection port some more, here it is opened up 9/16 of an inch more, looking better, still more to do to get it right:

test-002.jpg

Truely amazing work!

mate, forget what some people have said. it looks absolutly amazing.

trouble is, you now need it to be firing some silly amount of fps to make it worth the weight to carry. but damn it would be worth it nonethe less.

Well, the issue I ran into when I play heavily is I try too hard, using decoys, traps, ect. I usually get accused of cheating and such, I really have to back off to let the opposing team have fun.

With a really heavy rifle, I hope I can go all-out like I want to, and still not do so much damage that it is not fun for a large portion of players. Is it going to be brutal to field? I sure hope so :)

Archived