Strac Technologies F.A.S.T. System Model M4

Agent47

Very cool piece of gear they have there...

The modular F.A.S.T. System is the fastest reloading device in the world. It allows the operator to

negotiate continuous sub-2 second reloads while keeping their weapon and eyes trained on the

threat. Muscle memory is accomplished in a very short period of time.

One F.A.S.T. System holds up to 3 standard M-4 magazines and can be worn on either side of the

torso. An optional adapter will be available soon that will increase this capacity to 4 standard M-4

magazines. The optional adapter will be available in the fall of 2008.

Because each F.A.S.T. System is ambidextrous it comes with 2 carriers (one left and one right) made

of 1000D nylon, manufactured by U.S. based Eagle Industries.

The hardened F.A.S.T. System, manufactured by U.S. based Wilcox Industries, is made from high

impact material and is covered by a lifetime warranty (excluding spring and mounting hardware).

The spring in the F.A.S.T. System is a specially designed, high stress box spring, made from stainless

steel. Due to it's unique design and powerful spring, the F.A.S.T. System is very difficult to jam.

The F.A.S.T System utilizes drainage holes, and

a seated follower to prevent debris from

entering. Should the operator experience a jam;

the operator will be able to quickly access the

interior of the system through a side entry point

accessible through the nylon carrier.

Future F.A.S.T Systems will be available to

accommodate various magazine fed weapons.

unit2-331x283.jpg

unit_flat-285x205.jpg

unit_back-277x196.jpg

od_unit-333x234.jpg

Having spoken to these guys about their system ( which is really quite impressive) price will be about 250 USD per unit... unit inludes a three mag cap mag and a cover.

They will also be making enough to sell to airsofters, and have little problem in doing so, in fact, they kind of like the idea.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, they'll also be making Airsoft Adaptors to fit airsoft M4 mags.

These would probably work fine for PTW users, WA M4 GBB users, or those with AEG mags that are full length (i.e. NOT TM mag length). Personally I think it's a cool design. I spend the majority of my day with 8 mags in pouches, one in the mag well and one sandwiched between chest and plate carrier for quick mag changes when under fire. Nothing tells the enemy to charge faster than the sound of dry firing and ripping of velcro. Having a system like this would make mag changes interesting.

Edit: I was curious if they were even for sale yet so I headed over to their website. They're accepting preorders for August 1st, 2008. What more interesting is that further down they mention "Airsoft Adapters Available"!!!

Now THAT is interesting!!! :blink:

Having spoken to these guys about their system ( which is really quite impressive) price will be about 250 USD per unit... unit inludes a three mag cap mag and a cover.

They will also be making enough to sell to airsofters, and have little problem in doing so, in fact, they kind of like the idea.

Thanks for the info Shriven! Did they comment on how they intend to address the height difference between the RS mags and airsoft mags?

Nah, they didn't explain how.I assume they're only gonna make em for certain mags, maybe as extended baseplates or something? Entirely speculation there, but that'd be the way I'd do it, if I was mainly making it for real soldiers, I wouldn't want to faff about making adaptors for EVERY airsoft magazine. Otherwise you'd have to build a whole new system, because the feed lips would be too far away to hold the airsoft mags in. Spose you could extend the feed lips... Bleh, I dunno.

Nothing tells the enemy to charge faster than the sound of dry firing and ripping of velcro. Having a system like this would make mag changes interesting.

I dunno about you but I can't hear velcro ripping from a few yards away and I can't really distinguish between dry fire sounds and BB firing sounds - either that or my hearing is shot from listening to too much rock music...

for a real soldier who has his senses honed to a good degree yeah, to an average airsofter, I dunno...

I dunno about you but I can't hear velcro ripping from a few yards away and I can't really distinguish between dry fire sounds and BB firing sounds - either that or my hearing is shot from listening to too much rock music...

for a real soldier who has his senses honed to a good degree yeah, to an average airsofter, I dunno...

LOL... after you've been playing for as long as I have, a dry fire sounds is pretty distinct. ;)

i rarley go through one hicap in half a day let alone three mags, so keeping em in a small vest is no prob for me

and i'l second/third/fourth that $300 is about seven times too much to switch over from conventional pouches. it's not like in real combat where it could be a life or death situation. we just play a game

Chinese copies maybe? A couple of bits of molded plastic and a spring, shouldn't be too hard to mimic. My only real concern (speaking more from a real combat point of view but airsoft would probably still apply) would be how securely held the next available magazine is, there's quite a lot of material cut out of the end there to allow hand access, so if you knocked the leading edges out slightly that high tension spring could well send your ammo flying off in to the sand/mud/wall in front you..?

That said, it's undeniably good, original thinking.

fal has it right, "spoon for babies"

A true skilled shooter/operator should know when his weapon is about to go empty.

Just before you go empty you whip out a fresh mag for stand by, *click*, drop&catch it,

slap in the new one, send that bolt home... and you're good to go again. Then you put your

mag away. Learned from 75th Ranger Reg. and modified it to my liking as they recommend,

that's basically how it works. Makes these things pointless.

Although this is a very nice system and original idea, I wouldn't buy it. I would definately try it

out if I got it for FREE. But I would never buy it, as I like my UN-JAMMABLE mag pouches. haha

Just my opinion though.

I could never find their website, so thx for posting it =)

considering that you can see the SF service folk (on some show-off videos on youtube) empty, clear, load, cock their weapons in under that time with their own kit anyways.. .. :D

• 3 weeks later...

If it Jams you can still force out the mags although granted it wouldn't be as easy then as pulling them out of a pouch.

The great thing about the FAST system is the muscle memory in that your hand isn't going down to a different place each time to grab a magazine. Under stress of actual combat it's important to eliminate as much actual thinking as possible so that things are smooth and fast. The question has to be with the spring and how well it works and the polymer and how well it will hold up to a beating.

Archived