Airsoft AMP-DSR-1, CheyTac M200, PGM Mini-Hecate

PUNISHER

I went to take a look at these today. I must say the DSR-1 is very well constructed. Was told the price will be under HKD$5000 and will be available around mid-August. The guy also told me that there will be two versions, a Japan version which would be about 0.9J and the HK version is about 1.2J. Unfortunately the grip is only for right-handers.

Awesome pics dude! Hmmmm....

Question 1 - How tall are you?

Question 2 - What did you think of the DSR-1 in terms of weight and balance? (even though the mags aren't in there)

Question 3 - with a 0.25g BB, how many fps is 1.2J? Anyone know?

Question 4 - HK$5000 translates to about US$641. That's a far cry from $1000. Were they sure about that pricing?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome pics dude! Hmmmm....

Question 1 - How tall are you?

Question 2 - What did you think of the DSR-1 in terms of weight and balance? (even though the mags aren't in there)

Question 3 - with a 0.25g BB, how many fps is 1.2J? Anyone know?

Question 4 - HK$5000 translates to about US$641. That's a far cry from $1000. Were they sure about that pricing?

A1: 169cm

A2: Bloody heavy! But it was actually well balanced without the mags

A3: Unfortunately I didn't ask the guy but but they seem to measure with 0.2g

A4: Not certain if they were sure of the pricing but I did go to QRF (not gunnerairsoft.com). Store prices in HK are generally cheaper than web prices but at most 20%. I'll be back in mid-August to check it out again when they have them available for sale.

TDS: Sorry, dunno if they take AW338 mags but both the DSR-1 and M200 seem to take rather *huge* mags.

That price if it doesn't get inflated too much is terrific bang for your buck considering that this is seemingly a new outfit and all, and great to hear that they are making a < 1 Joule version too.

Its a shame though that the DSR-1 is not ambidextrous, do you know if they are planning on releasing an after market left handed grip AnakChan?

The guy in the shop said unfortunately not...

[speculation on]

but it's still too early to tell to be honest. Having a quick look at it, it's a separate piece and I'm sure it's removable. And I doubt there's anything inside of it (i.e. I'm sure it's changeable). But I guess it all depends on how well it sells.

[speculation off]

i mailed the newqrf company mentionned by gunner:

The DSR-1 retail price is USD800, it will be available 0n Mid of Aug., you can buy it at my shop(not internet shop), or visit this website(internet shop): www.gunnerairsoft.com , later on, may be more shop can get it.

--- 2008年7月24日 星期四,Kris (sorry but i keep this private ;) )> 寫道﹕

> 寄件人: Kris (sorry but i keep this private ;) )

> 主題: DSR-1

> 收件人: chan@newqrf.com

> 日期: 2008 7 24 星期四 上午 3:05

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijke bericht niet weergeven -

> hello

>

> I have 3 questions:

>

> how much will the AMP dsr-1 cost?

> when will it be available?

> where can i buy it?

>

> thank you in advance

>

> greetz

> Kris Van Buggenhout

The guy in the shop said unfortunately not...

[speculation on]

but it's still too early to tell to be honest. Having a quick look at it, it's a separate piece and I'm sure it's removable. And I doubt there's anything inside of it (i.e. I'm sure it's changeable). But I guess it all depends on how well it sells.

[speculation off]

If the grip is ABS plastic I'd be really surprised if they did a lefty version. After helping TSI Armories get their pistol grips done the cost of molds and tooling isn't cheap and the MOQ is usually pretty high.

Krylon's discontinued as of a few weeks ago

And £400 for the DSR? if the lower receiver wasn't plastic then I would pay that but you could get a systema PTW kit for that

I guess I'll just have to get a second hand one or the back half of the M200, if they have adjustable fps like the Tanaka's then that would be a fun little pistol

Krylon's discontinued as of a few weeks ago

And £400 for the DSR? if the lower receiver wasn't plastic then I would pay that but you could get a systema PTW kit for that

I guess I'll just have to get a second hand one or the back half of the M200, if they have adjustable fps like the Tanaka's then that would be a fun little pistol

The lower is plastic in the real one

Keep up with the news TK

Krylon fusion has been out for absolutely ages now

and is identical to the original krylon range.

look up krylon camoflauge on fire support.

Krylon Fusion and regular Krylon is not the same formula. Their old Krylon Camo system was a non-permanent finish. The new Krylon Fusion camo paint is supposed to be permanent (although often not as hardy as they imply it is).

Krylon Fusion and regular Krylon is not the same formula. Their old Krylon Camo system was a non-permanent finish. The new Krylon Fusion camo paint is supposed to be permanent (although often not as hardy as they imply it is).

Depends on the plastics involved. Just like any plastic cement, it doesn't work on some.

According to http://www.newqrf.com/, the DSR-1 is 6.9kg and that also feels right when I held it. The M200 was heavier, maybe by about 2kg? So I'd say about 9kg?

Edit: Actually, not quite sure about the M200, I see the RS version is approx 12.25kg. Usually airsoft and RS don't vary that much but I don't recall the M200 being over 10kg. In comparison, to the DSR-1, the airsoft is 1 kg heavier than the RS version (using info from Wikipedia as a base).

I have never owned a gun that works with this type of gas mechanism, so please forgive me if this is common knowledge.

That being said, is the DSR-1 somehow upgradable to increase the FPS? Our field limits are 550fps for snipers, so if this system could be upgraded to say 500fps then this would be a must buy. The advertised 330fps just makes it a very expensive bolt action paperweight.

Archived