Airsoft AMP-DSR-1, CheyTac M200, PGM Mini-Hecate

PUNISHER

I held the DSR yesterday. It's a very nice piece and they say it won't carry a ridiculous price tag either.

I don't see why you'd want a left-handed grip, when the bullpup design means you'd have the handle in your face every time you cycle the action. Bolt action rifles should be cycled without lifting your head from the scope, so moving your head out of the way isn't really the way to go. If there was a left-handed grip, they should convert the bolt as well.

-Sale

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I held the DSR yesterday. It's a very nice piece and they say it won't carry a ridiculous price tag either.

I don't see why you'd want a left-handed grip, when the bullpup design means you'd have the handle in your face every time you cycle the action. Bolt action rifles should be cycled without lifting your head from the scope, so moving your head out of the way isn't really the way to go. If there was a left-handed grip, they should convert the bolt as well.

-Sale

Speaking as a lefty, I'd shoulder it with my right shoulder but grip the trigger with my left hand, which would leave my right hand free to cycle the bolt. Its not an ideal solution, but for me its more natural then shooting it like a right handed person would.

Interesting idea, but could work now that I thought of it.

The grip should be easy enough to replace with something else. It's just something you hold on to, doesn't have to house a motor or anything.

-Sale

Candyman , perhaps the next thing you decide to build might be better kept under wraps then a breakdown of the manufacturing procedure might now be so easy to copy/cashed in on ...just an opinion (and not fact nor speculation for a high court ruling that might cost me money ;) )

Keep up with the news TK

Krylon fusion has been out for absolutely ages now

and is identical to the original krylon range.

look up krylon camoflauge on fire support.

Its best just to ignore everything terrorist killer posts, I don't think he has ever said anything with a basis in fact.

Hello all,

Does anyone have accurate info about the Gunners soon to be released ARES DSR-1, will it come with scope, like in the pics?

Other site says, that they will not supply the rifle with a scope.

Waiting for my new rifle, wuhuu!

Cheers

-Hessu-

EDIT: Newarr miiind, found the info already. My bad. M3 type scope is included with Gunners order. Yay!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, not that cool.

I don´t gice a rats azz about one lousy letter. If it´s T or P, who gives a krrapp. If you want a real AMP, get a RS with 20k :rolleyes:

This will again delay the delivery time of the rifle to us pre-buyers and also it seems that we have cough up more money, even if we buyers have already paid the original amount with freight and all.

Sucks big time.

Cheers

-Hessu-

While I'm not a fan of paying more than was originally agreed to, I do appreciate it when a RS company is willing to license and be involved on any level with the Airsoft product. The more RS companies that do this the better it'll be for the sport IMHO. In some cases it also means better aesthetic accuracy and hopefully better QC.

Also, seeing you're from Finland I'm guessing you've never had to deal with butchered trademarks like we do in the USA. It really sucks. The more legitamite licensing we see, will hopefully also mean less trademark destruction.

Another point is that when an Airsoft product is officially licensed, some kind of royalty or licensing cost is given back to the owner of the intellectual property. That seems fair to me. I wish more RS companies would join in. Some day I'd like to believe VLTOR would jump on the bandwagon too.... some day...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heres hoping it is actually skirmishable, unlike the DSR-1. Heres also hoping that retailers will see sense and realise they're charging too much for the M200 (which is fundamentally ''less gun'' imo than the DSR-1) and have to bring the price down :rolleyes: Maybe if it was skirmishable, but i can't remember the last very high end rifle that was :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived