Classic Army - P90

orca

Well if i were you don't bother with the Ring Sights, they suffer from the horrible problem of losing focus and fading out when moving from good to bad light, like entering a dark room or house due to how they work.

But this is some damn good news and will be next on my list of things to spend on. Sportline and Proline production i assume?

And if any mids come along then i will kill others to get them, been waiting ages for P90 mids.

'FireKnife'

The Factory ring sight is Pooh. I'm trying to add a red led mod to illuminate the sight ring at all times as it looks good but has all the above mentioned problems

And sorry do you say the red dot sight version does not have a red dot sight in it? So why would you buy it :unsure:

Its late and im tired but ASNEWS is reporting this as being a sportline...is that the case or are their wires crossed?

The quality of the plastic in that picture would lead me to believe its a pro-line but hey, id be pleasantly surprised if it ended up being a sportline.

As above, the biggest problem with the P90 sight is that it doesn't work well in some lighting conditions.

There's a Tritium insert to make the sight glow at night but it is VERY feint and is really only useful for illuminating the reticle in complete darkness, in conjunction with NVGs.

Ironically, the P90 sight suffers most in varied lighting such as that in CQB.

The sight collects ambient light and focusses it to illuminate the reticle so when you're moving from light to dark areas you can sometimes struggle to see the sight while your eyes adjust to the new level of light.

It really isn't that bad though, IMO.

If you hold the gun at rest and then shoulder it before firing it can catch you out. If you move with the gun shouldered you'll do a lot better.

Top tip: If you're buying a Ring Sight, MAKE SURE IT COMES WITH THE TWO ADJUSTING RINGS.

They're the 2 threaded rings that screw into the sight and which the allen screws fit through to bolt the sight to the gun.

Tokyo Marui (for some reason) use a different thread on the adjusting rings on their P90 RDS so you CANNOT use the rings from the airsoft gun on a real P90 sight. You NEED the real adjusters.

Its late and im tired but ASNEWS is reporting this as being a sportline...is that the case or are their wires crossed?

The quality of the plastic in that picture would lead me to believe its a pro-line but hey, id be pleasantly surprised if it ended up being a sportline.

The receiver appears to be plastic. Look at the abscesses/depressions near the rear and front sights, that's characteristic of plastic injection molding. Metals cool a bit more uniformally and don't do that.

Also, polymer = plastic, ABS is a polymer just as much as anything else. I believe the word you guys are looking for is composite.

From what I've heard, they will be making both proline ans portline. The former will have a metal receiver and RD while the later is the plastic receivered TR.

Originally the Proline and Sprotline as announced by CA earlier this year at Shotshow were only the TR. The difference being the Proline would have metal receiver and a rumor the Proline would have an upgraded gearbox. http://www.spartanimports.com/content/inde...3&Itemid=29

These latest pics of the RDS are newer then the CA Shotshow release news. So things may change when they actually release. Stay tuned. Will post confirmations once I get them.

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Mine sticks Outwards on Full auto which is a big problem. Reason being is that if the nozzle sticks out wards too much then the BBs cannot feed in. Right now using a 8.4v Nimh battery but I tried my Lipo on it and the ROF is insane but its so fast that the BBs are not feeding in because the Nozzle is stuck forward causing the BBs not to drop in the loader. So that leaves a bitter taste as I remember when I had my TM P90 and tried it with a Lipo is cycled well AND Echo1 can also take Lipos and feed properly too.

In conclusion CA P90 if you want a good upgrade platform Echo1 or TM P90 may be better. Don't get me wrong the CA P90 is fine the way it is but if you want crazy ROF then you may have to fix it up or look elsewhere

Archived