Vanaras PTW magazines

uscmCorps

For what was once vaporware... this is becoming surprisingly real.

From airsoft-news.eu:

Good news for PTW owners from Keith. Debate is located here. Anticipated price is 200 HKD (17.49 EUR) which is extremely good price for PTW magazine:

- 'Vanaras' 100/30 rds PTW magazine with light weight aluminum housing features a 30 rds tab design so you can switch it from 100+ rds to 30 rds in just a minute. E.T.A. will be November 2008. MSRP HKD200 ea. (To Be Confirmed)

ptwmag1480op1.jpgptwmag480ry0.jpg

Not sure if the actual design of the PTW mag has been updated per the complaints of many PTW users out there, but HK$200 (US$25.75) isn't terrible for a metal PTW Mag. Plus I like the idea of being able to switch the mag from a mid-cap to a low-cap. Not a big fan of the surface finish though.

Still, it's an interesting development...

Are you ever satisfied man :huh: IF you dont like the way the finish looks you can always keep buying the Systema mags!

For what was once vaporware... this is becoming surprisingly real.

From airsoft-news.eu:

Not sure if the actual design of the PTW mag has been updated per the complaints of many PTW users out there, but HK$200 (US$25.75) isn't terrible for a metal PTW Mag. Plus I like the idea of being able to switch the mag from a mid-cap to a low-cap. Not a big fan of the surface finish though.

Still, it's an interesting development...

Are you ever satisfied man :huh: IF you dont like the way the finish looks you can always keep buying the Systema mags!

(1) It was simply an observation. An opinion if you will. I was expressing my opinion and that was all. If YOU like the finish, I'm not going to knock you for that, nor judge you for it either. That's YOUR opinion. It's a matter of personal taste. Can you see how my attitude to your differing opinion is in contrast to your own attitude? I accept yours, but you can't accept mine. Think about it for a minute. It'll do you some good.

(2) I have high standards. Some have higher. Some have lower. To each their own, I say. In my opinion, if Vanaras had left the outer shells bare metal and gave it a simple coating of flat black paint, it'd be cheaper manufacturing wise and have a nicer finish. It's not like it's going to rust... it's made from aluminum. But that's my opinion. You may like sickly looking, semi-gloss mags. I'm fine with that. That's your opinion.

(3) As for your comment that if someone has issues with the finish of these mags they should buy Systema ones instead, I see that as a bit extreme. Just because a product is half the price of the original product it was copied off, doesn't necessitate a huge step down in quality. As many have stated over and over again, the original Systema mags were WAY over priced. Personally, I think these Vanaras mags are much more realistically priced especially if they work well which has yet to be seen. That said, is there really anything wrong with asking more for your dollar? It's possible that the manufacturer will say, "bahhh, what does he know? This looks awesome!" That's their prerogative. It's their product. I'm simply making an observation based on photos and what little is known of the product: I'm not a fan of the finish. But that's simply my opinion.

(4) Am I ever satisfied? Yes. Absolutely. Then again, sometimes I'm not. That happens. Aren't you ever dissatisfied with something? If not, that's awesome for you. You must live in a very enriching world. I clearly need to work on that. Someday perhaps.

(5) I'm not entirely sure why I'm giving so much time, effort and credence to someone with 15 posts. Looking over your past posts, you've neither contributed to the community nor have you really ever said anything of substance. Your past comments have read as ill informed and in some cases abrasive. But that's okay. I chalk it up to another learning experience and a reminder to continue to accept other people's differing opinions... even if they are pretty dumb sometimes. We all have opinions. C'est la vie.

In the meantime, I'd like to suggest a more appropriate forum for all your comments: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=11

this is news from vanaras directly posted to RSOV forum :

Yes PTW is a precise airsoft gun need everything 'precise' too ... even the bb bullet we have to use the dedicated PTW bb from 'Systema' but everyone know the price is really really high and only available in 0.20g weight... never try to load the PTW with regular bb from other brand as they cannot work on the PTW due to the larger diameter.

'Vanaras' PTW magazine has been modified to take regular bb and not only 'Systema' bb so it can save you a lot of money and you got full range of bb to choose.

You may also see that we are releasing replacement parts for 'Systema' PTW such as the rack gear and magazine followers so you can get affordable parts from us for your PTW in the near future. Next month we will release PTW 6.03mm inner barrels (cqb, M4A1 and M16A2 length) with just a fraction of the branded one in the current airsoft market...

they have also developed a High cap for the PTW with the auto stop feature, its just in final development now

Visit RSOV forum for more imput from Vanaras themselves, there open to all suggestions as your the customers

Im not obligated to post anywere thanks for the suggestion. I find it funny that your judged by your post count. Quite silly realy. 15 posts makes me a noob whatever. As for contribution, I dont feel the need to, I enjoy playing the game and have been for 6 years

In the meantime, I'd like to suggest a more appropriate forum for all your comments: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=11

Im not obligated to post anywere thanks for the suggestion. I find it funny that your judged by your post count. Quite silly realy. 15 posts makes me a noob whatever. As for contribution, I dont feel the need to, I enjoy playing the game and have been for 6 years

If your 15 posts were made of gold I'd pay closer attention... but your comments are generally idiotic and ill informed. About as useful as email spam. Hence my indifference towards you. If your posts so far reflect 6 years of experience, I weep for the sport. I have 19 years of airsoft experience, yet I'm still open to someone having a different opinion. I'll look you up in 13 years and see if you've improved.

It's amazing how bent out of shape people get over a G.A.M.E

Fortunately for me I don't internalize it and 5 minutes later I've put it behind me and am happy as pie. Life's too short to stress over silly people and silly things. ;) It's pretty liberating and cathartic that way. Still, if someone kicks a ball to me... I see no reason not to kick it back.

Back to the Vanaras Mags, although I'm not a fan of the finish I still think that they've got a promising product on their hands... like I said in my first post. Also, to play devil's advocate, it's possible that the photos are being deceptive and the lighting and color temperature effects how it looks in a photo rather than how it actually is.

Wha... where did you find that photo of me!?!! Is there a camera in here??? :o;)

chownsy: I wonder if it's too close to release to actually make any changes though? :mellow:

they seem really customer focused, the representative is on the forum every day and is constantly updating and taking in ideas so i would think they could

they have made it so regualar bb's fit in the mag so im sure they would change other things to make customers happy

I suggested a full clone ptw to go with the mag's

they also hoping to develop more precision parts for them as a alternative tot he high systema part prices.

hope this help's

Richard

Since when did "regular bb's " never fit into a PTW magazine? And if they're making a high capacity magazine, then they are just going in the complete wrong direction. PTW's are Professional Training Weapons, not airsoft bb hoses.

Regardless of that, if they cloned the design of the original PTW Magazine, they still have a low quality product. It's pretty common knowledge that about 20% of your magazines will either stop feeding, or chop bb's like it's their job. Granted, it only takes a moderately handy person to pull the magazine apart and clean it to get it up and running again, but when you pay that much for a magazine, you really don't want to have to spend time babying them.

It looks like a decent product, but it's nothing to write home to mom about. And if they do come out with a high capacity magazine... *sigh* So much for MilSim, eh?

Archived