Tercel Type 89 and High Power Gearbox

Frakk2k

Since noone has said anything, I thought id post it :)

Seems the Type 89 has swapped from Both Elephant to Tercel, and it features a higher power gearbox and motor (420FPS? Ouch).

http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&...product_id=3116

Also JG has relased a High power gearbox for Version 2, but it says from 130-150m/s.. um.. ?

http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&...product_id=3112

Anyways, a great deal for any semi auto SPR's and whatnot out there, only thing.. From the pictures, it looks like it features a short barrel cylinder?

lol, 420 fps doesnt hurt as much as you think, but then again, i normally scrim with guys that have 20rps 450fps monsters...

Yeah its true that it doesn't hurt. But it leaves little pimple size welts and chips teeth!

I'm loving the JG gearbox. I wonder what size bearings those are

Yeah its true that it doesn't hurt. But it leaves little pimple size welts and chips teeth!

Almost any FPS is enough to chip teeth...

But no, I wouldn't trust that JG gearbox with its weight in sand. As stated, at those FPS's it's almost certainly going to crack, especially because it's a v.2 and it's not reinforced (even though that is arguably useful in v.2 gearboxes).

But no, I wouldn't trust that JG gearbox with its weight in sand. As stated, at those FPS's it's almost certainly going to crack, especially because it's a v.2 and it's not reinforced (even though that is arguably useful in v.2 gearboxes).

It is useful. Even though reinforced gearboxes have completely unnecessary material around the gears, they also have much more material in the top cylinder frame. The original ones are partially hollow and a bit thinner so they crack easier.

Um, a quick question, how can one see if the box is reinforced or not? I have a JG box sitting at my desk, next to a ICS box, and the JG box certainly looks a lot tougher than the ICS. (And also, it has larger bushings). The JG has extra metal around the gears, and over where the wires stick out in the back, does this make it reinforced?

The non-reinforced gearboxes have a partially hollow upper cylinder frame, like in the picture linked below:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/TriC...break-point.jpg

Reinforced gearboxes have a much sturdier one. Almost all reinforced gearboxes also have extra material around the gears. The whole reinforcement thing is IIRC an original Systema development that others have copied. Some shells like the CA and the Deep Fire also have pre-made radiusing in the critical corners.

Hmm, interesting that you have a reinforced JG. I have one of their new gen black gearboxes in my hands right now and it definately is of the hollow type. Hopefully they have started using a probox-model instead of the original one. :)

Ouhf, I checked my order log, it seems it was a Dboys box, I tought it was the JG for my MP5 :), not sure if I want to crack that one yet to check, its a pain to reassemble :/

Anyways, the Dboys Ver II box is reinforced :)

I am sorta tempted to just buy the new JG box and see how it goes.

Archived