SAW GUNNERS

Fingers A.R.S.E.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Here's a few photos I found on the Facebook page for my home field, Ballahack Airsoft.

More greenside pics

58381c6d.jpg

3ceeabc4.jpg

92bfb9db.jpg

(back row is Kai Wolf on far left, me in the center, and Frogfish on far right)

Old shot of me with my now sold G&P M249

b5189d27.jpg

Conducting CQB training (ditched the pig for this one)

e11c3ed5.jpg

cef95cac.jpg

Op-testing my issued AOR2/NWU Type III

fa302c97.jpg

8a7dab09.jpg

Couple random pics

36b9f835.jpg

5ff7420a.jpg

Please excuse any repeats.

Thanks for the kind words, spetz.

The darker rig is a BHI Gunner's LRAK I chop-modded, turning it into a split-front chestrig. That's what I'm wearing in every picture except for the greenside set.

The lighter/greener rig is a custom rig I designed, made by Ferro Tactical. The Ferro rig has a RG Blue Force Gear Micro DAP pack buckled into the back. That's what I'm wearing for my greenside kit.

More or less. I removed the buttpack panel, cut the 1qt canteen pouches off, then used the elastic fin securing strap as a waist strap. The waist strap is routed through a couple slits I cut on the 150rd 7.62 pouch. The female buckle is ziptied through a similar slit on the other 150rd pouch.

Is that an OSOE Gunner vest? Very nice. I'd love one but can't spare the money at the moment lol.

Apart from the Lrak/L1195J and 1961h are there any other commercially available gunner rigs? Looking for something ideally split-front, light, and has enough room for two box mags and spare batteries/pistol mags if possible.

You can always buy DFLCS harness and wear it low as beltkit or high like split chest rig. I use mine as split chest, it is more comfortable for me as I'm quite short:D Something like Ardrummer did with his LRAK, but i didn't cut anything. You can but DFLCS harness made by Eagle Ind. very cheap and you will be able to put a lot of pouches on it. Later I could post some pictures of my set if you like.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the tip mate, I can't believe I shifted the DCLFS a couple of weeks before I snapped up my first sixty lol.

I'e been considering a khaki MAV type thing perhaps but I like your idea, would love a pic.

I'm aiming to build an early Iraq/Afghan Seals kit but this is how I'm getting down in the woods at the moment.

570b8d02.jpg

Kitlist:

helikon raid modded US woodland BDUs.

SO Tech 'Callahan' plate carrier with two double pantac 9mm mag pouches and medium sotech utility, all in OD.

Blackhawk OD hydro pouch 3l.

Nomex pilot gloves.

Heroshark glasses.

Claymore bag holding spare ammo and gas.

Magnum boots

Marui/guarder _226 in chest-mounted blackhawk serpa.

Inokatsu M60E4

I finally got to take photo of my setup. It's basically a DFLCS harness, but i like to ware it high, more like chest rig, not a beltkit.

I'm going to modify it a little. The plan is to add some elastic loops on shoulder straps for hydro tube and headset wires and an elastic chest strap. Now I've got chest strap but it's not elastic and it's temporally mounted.

2012-08-18100033.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was tinkering with my go bag today; and thought it might make a pretty handy gunner rig: 

IMAG0351.jpgIMAG0355.jpg

Originally I thought it could be worn on the opposite shoulder as my SAW sling, but it worked much better on my strong shoulder replacing the sling entirely.  My MK46 hangs comfortably from the upper D-ring and sort of balances the weight of the pack.  Water, ammo, food, coms, and tools go in/on the bag, which can be ditched instantly for extra mobility or while defending a strongpoint.  Pistol and frags go on a simple gunbelt.  

Archived