G&P LMT MRP AEG

uscmCorps

What the ...

I had absolutely no idea about this coming out. This totally snuck up on me, but I'm okay with that. :D

gp909copy1.jpg

gp909sacopy1.jpg

All Black MRP:

http://www.gp-web.com/en/newspop.php?nid=1507

Black MRP with Tan furniture:

http://www.gp-web.com/en/newspop.php?nid=1508

Description:

Magazine Capacity: 130

Length: 710mm / 790mm

Weight:

Built Material: Metal & ABS

Inner Barrel Length: 11.5"

Muzzle Velocity: 325-335fps (1.2-1.3J)(0.25bb)

Gearbox: 8mm Bearing Gearbox

Motor: G&P M120 Hi-Speed

Battery: Advise using 7.2v or 8.4v Battery (Not Include)

Included:

-MRP Metal Body (Lower Receiver: Laser Marking)

-M16 Magazine

-QD Front Sight

-MK18 DX Rear Sight (GP931)

-Stubby Raider Foregrip

-M16A2 Grip with Heat Sink End Set

-Multi Purpose Buttstock

-QD Sling Swivel Set

-RAS Slim Rail Cover

-T-Shape Connector Wire Set For Recharge

-Manual

I'm hoping ... no, praying they designed this from the ground up themselves rather than copy the BestGun MRP kit. The BestGun kit, while aesthetically gorgeous had a PITA (and some would say flawed) proprietary HopUp unit. I honestly don't care if the barrel is a true quick swap barrel like the RS MRP and BestGun kit was. I would personally prefer that it's a new design using all the best aspects of the many different hopUps on the market today. But who knows. The fact that the upper receiver is the updated version of the MRP (the BestGun was the old style) is very promising.

Unfortunately no word about MSRP or release date, but typically, once it's on G&P's website it's usually at most retailers within 1-2 weeks. Price will hopefully be reasonable and much cheaper than the BestGun offering that was often over $1000 for a fully built gun. I'm guessing this will probably be in the neighborhood of most of their G&P guns ($300-$400).

Before anyone chimes in on the "oh noes not another M4" bandwagon ... yes we get it, some of you don't like ARs. Let's keep this topic pertinent to the product at hand please?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...

Interesting.

I had one of the best gun kits that i absolutely loved but ended up selling it to work on another build. I still miss that gun to this day.

I loved my MRP so much i ended up buying a couple of the real uppers and ran the ###### out of those. Sold them as they were heavier than they needed to be.

Corps, i wonder too what design they copied. The barrels will NOT be true swap unless they went with a non traditional m4 style hopup. Cant wait for someone to pick one of these up to get us more info.

Corps, i wonder too what design they copied. The barrels will NOT be true swap unless they went with a non traditional m4 style hopup. Cant wait for someone to pick one of these up to get us more info.

They could do the original TM style M4 hopup.

But knowing G&P they won't. It's not like you'll be switching barrels in the field, and it's not like it's difficult to remove the hopup from the upper receiver.

They could do the original TM style M4 hopup.

But knowing G&P they won't. It's not like you'll be switching barrels in the field, and it's not like it's difficult to remove the hopup from the upper receiver.

Im not sure if the original would fit since its not a round profile, you might be right though. I thought about that too but going off of memory i think the original unit MIGHT be too big...not sure man, its been a really long time since ive had my MRP. :)

I'm not talking about the Best Gun MRP.

The original TM style hopup is smaller than the OD of the outer barrel at the collar. Since it slides into the outer barrel, it could conceivably stay with the outer barrel during swaps.

But if they're going to redesign a hopup, then the PGC style that is used in their CNC'd mechbox would be the best since it has an extremely low profile, wide range of adjustment and holds the hop very securely.

But this is G&P, they rarely stray away from what's already been done; it'll likely be the standard 1 piece M4 hopup.

Too bad that they're using an NSW Crane Crane stock.

The LMT SOPMOD stock has a rounded adjustment lever(on the edge that points towards the front).

It's a small detail but it is an LMT gun soo.....

They left this detail out in the Mk.18 Mod.0 I had a while back which needed the rounded LMT lever and trademarks.

-Luis

Just sent an E-mail to LandWarrior to check if and when they're getting these into the UK, i'll post the results once i get a reply.

I'm fully prepared to sell my parents for one of these.

*EDIT* - Got a response from LWA; they're going to be stocking them in the UK, and ordering some on the next order they send out, but unfortunately they're unable to tell me when that might be. Going on their current G&P prices, it's looking like these things should cost about £300-£350ish in the UK.

I know a few people had modified their MRP to work with regular M4 HopUps. Bababooey was one of them IRC. But the modification wasn't simple and required machining I believe.

Hi, yes. It's not the simplest of modifications on the Best Gun. I had to work not only on the upper, but also completely modified an aluminum airsoft lower that was based on the Zeke design (as it was so close to the original Marui design). I suspect this will be based on the standard hop up chamber.

On a side note, isn't this MRP design for the gas piston type (where it has the QD sling attachments machined directly onto the upper)? It was my understanding that the MRP for the standard gas system was slightly different. It would be nice to see a replica Colt 6940...maybe soon.

Archived