WE KIMBER Desert Warrior!

chas

And you like WEs, that's fine. Like I said, I'm glad yours (and your mate's) work. Although you admitted earlier that it's not stock (TB barrel & firefly hop-packing). Any gun that you NEED to replace parts on right away to make function well is NOT a good gun IMHO.

For me, ultimately, it's about performance & reliability. You can't get those things without quality.

Why wouldn't i admit that i changed the barrel and bucking ? I change it on ALL my guns regardless of from they are, yes, even my TM P226 didn't have many original parts when i sold it. I just want the best performance from my guns.

You like plastic/ABS guns, great to each his own. It's not that i don't like them but i'll never use 134a ( that's almost impossible for me anyway ) and using propane on most ABS guns defeats your "reliability" point. It didn't took long for my TM P226 to crack with the use of propane, i had to buy a Guarder metal frame to use the gun again, so do i consider the gun "######" because i had to make changes ? No.

Every gun will need parts changed, because every airsofter will have different needs and WILL have different experiences because of it. I just don't know why people like so much to come to a thread and *badgeress* around about something they don't even own :rolleyes:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's break it down.

Is my metal WE as nice as my plastic TM? No.

Are either as nice as a Hurricane Kimber kit? No.

Do I use my WE in a game and feel confident? Yes (same goes for my plastic TM).

Is my WE worth what I paid for it? Absolutely.

Is my TM worth what I paid for it? Yes again.

Is the hammer on my WE Kimber pitted or marred? No.

Is there an explanation for the pictures? Could be oil and dirt, could be a camera issue, and so on.

Does tunneling in on a particular brand or type of weapon and launching a crusade help present someone's case? No in most eyes it utterly devalues anything said as it makes the player appear to be a crank.

E... I just don't know why people like so much to come to a thread and *badgeress* around about something they don't even own :rolleyes:

This isn't directed at you, or anyone else in particular, but...

One could make the same argument for those that sing the praises of a gun they don't own, or have any real basis for comparison.

Like when you see posts from people who say things like "My friend's Super 9 is the best gun ever" or "This (Galaxy MP5) is my 1st gun and it's the best MP5 you can get".

Anyway, I understand your frustration....I'm beginning to ramble so I'll go now.

Oh, and just for the record...I don't like (or trust) WE's guns either. But I'll reserve judgment on this particular gun until I get my hands on one.

When a *NEW* Ford truck comes out, car magazines will review it and constantly compare it to the previous model.

We are doing no different. It's just natural to compare the two.

True and when that happens they have the new product in hand, they don't rip into something they have no actual experience with.

Are any of the naysayers in any of these threads speaking first hand of the product in question? No they can't be as these items haven't filtered into the publics hands yet. That is where the reveiw threads kick in.

When you guy, let's say 4 guns form the same manufacturer and they're all junk, It's just natural these persons assume the 5th will be too.

They think "Why should the new one will be better"?

I won't judge either, but I guess it might have the same flaws all the other WE guns have.

Why wouldn't i admit that i changed the barrel and bucking ? I change it on ALL my guns regardless of from they are, yes, even my TM P226 didn't have many original parts when i sold it. I just want the best performance from my guns.

You like plastic/ABS guns, great to each his own. It's not that i don't like them but i'll never use 134a ( that's almost impossible for me anyway ) and using propane on most ABS guns defeats your "reliability" point. It didn't took long for my TM P226 to crack with the use of propane, i had to buy a Guarder metal frame to use the gun again, so do i consider the gun "######" because i had to make changes ? No.

Every gun will need parts changed, because every airsofter will have different needs and WILL have different experiences because of it. I just don't know why people like so much to come to a thread and *badgeress* around about something they don't even own :rolleyes:

Well, it's clear that neither one of us will change the other's mind. And your point, about slamming something I haven't actually seen for myself, is taken.

I supposed I should give the gun the benefit of the doubt, but that's hard to do given my past experience with WE's products.

I shall say nothing else about this gun until I have had the opportunity to check it out in person.

Is there an explanation for the pictures? Could be oil and dirt, could be a camera issue, and so on.

OK, I'll concede that on the hammer it's POSSIBLE that there is something (dirt/oil/whatever) on the hammer. Although I don't think that's the case, nor do I understand why someone would take a photo of a dirty gun...

However, the excess bit of metal on the frame cannot be explained away. That's simply poor QC.

Does tunneling in on a particular brand or type of weapon and launching a crusade help present someone's case? No in most eyes it utterly devalues anything said as it makes the player appear to be a crank.

I was simply trying to explain/defend my opinion of WE's products. If that's "tunneling in" or "launching a crusade" then so be it.

Archived