Preview: VFC HK416 GBB

Chinx

Hello folks,

post-15614-12790394001321_thumb.jpg

I just uploaded a Preview of the VFC HK416 GBB.

It doesn't happen too often that we get GBBR (or AEGs in general) before the rest of the world,

but thanks to Umarex and its H&K license (see also: KWA/KSC HK MP7) it actually did happen (again) a few days ago...

Have a look...

VFC HK416 GBB

cheers

Rudi

P.S.

Unfortunately it's in German but, if u got specific questions, feel free to ask, I'll translate it...

(and, of course, I hope u haven't seen that before xD)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is the "feel"? There was another early reveiw of a VFC GBBR and the user had said he was unhappy with the quality. From the photos it seems like it's a really close match and as nice as the earlier AEG 416.

I'm not the owner of the GBB btw (but I had the AEG version a couple of months ago...)

If the GBB is the same quality (with a few improvements like the new grip, stock, etc) I would definitely buy that again!

Especially after I read and saw this...

Hopefully we can add some more information (especially about the performance, the mags, etc) later this week!

I'll wait for the asian version, thank you very much. Anything that has the word umarex written on it can kiss my shiny ***. Srsly.

Agree 100% unfortunately chances are there will be no Asian version.

I am on the lookout for the new Ares G36 without hidious umarex trades.

I don't get this anyway. They pay for licensing and then they F* it up!

Does anyone know if the bolt catch locks the bolt back after the last shot on these VFC GBBRs? I have been told both ways and it is holding me back from buying.

Dude, it locks back. Stop worrying about it man. Whoever told you it doesnt lock back is wrong. Even in the VFC GBB videos they hold the bolt catch down so they can fire it.

Oh, and that gun looks beautiful. biggrin.gif

The Bolt Catch is working ... actually pretty good and "reliable" as Ive heard from Shango...

lets hope it comes with an adjustable fps setting

r there any GBBR out there with that feature?I mean, u can change your choice of gas but...adjust the fps ?!?

P.S.

A minor update of the preview, a few more pics ...

If u have specific questions, I'll try to answer them...feel free to ask ;)

Why does everyone hate Umarex so much? I don't have feelings for them either way, but they are in cahoots w/Heckler&Koch so i would think maybe there would be some quality control. I have a Umarex/KWA MP7 and I love it eventhough the trades aren't 100% accurate, it is very robust and fun to shoot. I also have Umarex NBB .177 CO2 USP that is not so bad but i don't use it games (obviously). I suppose the key to the quality of the Umarex MP7 is the KWA part!!! And same goes with the 416; i.e., VFC.

I'm just wondering if Umarex has done something infamous or something that I haven't heard about.

If one gets an Umarex hk416 in Germany is it necessarily SEMI-only? How do Germans get around this?

And yes, this is definately a beautiful gun!!! If the reviews come back good, this may be my next GBBR investment! VFC is go'n nuts lately with GBBRs...I guess they're gett'n the hint!!! smile.gif

They used to be a brand that sold (in Europe at least) ###### guns at way too high prices to kids through toy stores. A chinese springer M4 could go for about 500$. These days they changed strategy and just buy licenses. They don't make anything but just stamp their license and name on chinese stuff (and these days also high-end's). Now, I'm not against making a profit or doing business but the way Umarex is doing it is just pissing me off.

I'm just wondering if Umarex has done something infamous or something that I haven't heard about.

That KWA/KSC Mp7 was originally released with authentic HK trademarks - None of the '6mm' '<1 joule' ###### all over it. It was the same fantastic gun, with that added touch of realism. Umarex have basically paid off HK, so they can force decent guns to carry stupid blatant airsoft markings.

Before Umarex, the VFC HK416 had pretty much exactly the same markings as a real steel HK416. Now, because of Umarex, it has *suitcasey* fake markings all over it. That doesn't bother some people, but frankly, i want Umarex to fail as a business and the MD's to become homeless as a result of their pointless, stupid, money grabbing meddling.

Agreed. Umarex ###### me off too. I wouldnt object to a little stamp somewhere on the body or something that just simply said 'Umarex' as long as it didnt affect the rest of the trades. Having a great big paragraph about how Umarex hold the licence for this and that and are sole distributors of crapola really annoys me. I would rather have a trademark that said Heokler & Kach than have the Umarex speel on the gun. Really, this whole lincencing thing is getting stupid, with Cybergun getting all the ones that Umarex dont. You do realise that they will charge manufacturers a fee to use the trademarks that they own, and they will stipulate exactly what ones are and are not used, and this also drives up the price to the end user. I would much simpler prefer to pay a comission to H&K for the use of thier trademarks directly than allow it to go to a secondary company that then twats around with it so you dont have realistic trades anyway.

That, and because they also made the blank firing P99 and used the cheap and incorrect frame design that was used for the early springer bb guns (probably also made by them) rather than making it realistic, and that also ruinined my enjoyment of the last four James Bond films because I can tell when they are using it!

Die Umarex...violent-smiley-7909.gif

That KWA/KSC Mp7 was originally released with authentic HK trademarks - None of the '6mm' '<1 joule' ###### all over it. It was the same fantastic gun, with that added touch of realism. Umarex have basically paid off HK, so they can force decent guns to carry stupid blatant airsoft markings.

Before Umarex, the VFC HK416 had pretty much exactly the same markings as a real steel HK416. Now, because of Umarex, it has *suitcasey* fake markings all over it. That doesn't bother some people, but frankly, i want Umarex to fail as a business and the MD's to become homeless as a result of their pointless, stupid, money grabbing meddling.

There is a post in the KWA forums saying their "professional" customers couldn't tell the training MP7s apart from their real ones so they punched up the fakemarks. Take that as true as you want.

I'd rather have no marks that wrong ones, in fact their whole business model smacks of general clueless attitude or disrespect for their customers.

Don't go slapping a bunch of NASCAR sized H&K letters on and call it a day, this is all about the realism of the gear suspending disbelief. It's not whee, I love H&K, I named my dog MP5 and the car is covered with their stickers so that their branding is visible to all near and far so they can discover me and sponsor me, I only wear their clothing with H&K trades and eat in their approved restaurants, and at night my sheets are stitched with little G3s, I only wish they made other products like toilet paper, and contraceptives because I'd buy those too! /end sarcasm.

Don't go slapping a bunch of NASCAR sized H&K letters on and call it a day, this is all about the realism of the gear suspending disbelief. It's not whee, I love H&K, I named my dog MP5 and the car is covered with their stickers so that their branding is visible to all near and far so they can discover me and sponsor me, I only wear their clothing with H&K trades and eat in their approved restaurants, and at night my sheets are stitched with little G3s, I only wish they made other products like toilet paper, and contraceptives because I'd buy those too! /end sarcasm.

Oh, great, now you say so. I have just used several tins of red gloss paint and painted my station wagon with it, put a horse logo on each wing and called it Ferrarri!

I tend to agree with the no trades instead of fake trades, but that also depends on the level of fakeness. For arguments sake, I could live with the H&K logo being red, instead of plain or white. I personally can live with a slight mispelling as long as it is not obvious. I dont want trades to be missing where they should be, for example on the G36 there should be writing underneath the ejection port, not the umarex licencing rubbish. None of the airsoft guns have this. The biggest abomination to me with the G36, and thankfully they do not do this anymore, was the Warning: Electric Air Gun instead of the Refer to manual. That had to go the second that I saw it. But I wouldnt mind a little logo somewhere on the gun. KSC/KWA do a great job with thier USP pistols, and hopefully will continue to do so. They tend to stamp the lower frame where it will not be seen, under the slide release lever. When the gun is stripped it is as obvious as you like, cery clear, but when the gun is together you do not see it at all. It is the perfect branding stamp as you know who made the gun, but it doesnt alter the appearence at all. Even on the MP7 is is very discreet, and you would have to look to find it. They can keep up the good work there, Umarex can just go in my microwave.

violent-smiley-1697.gif

My main gripe is;

Umarex have paid H&K and other RS manufacturers to use their trademarks exclusively on replicas. REPLICAS. What the hell is the point if making a replica completely unrealistic?

Going back to ferraris - Would ferraris sell if they had 'WARNING; RESTRICTED TO 75MPH' in big white letters on the doors? I'd guess they'd take a dent in sales at the very least.

I know it's a really minor thing and all - But if i wanted a gun solely for the function of it, i'd have a plastic Cyma AK and a pile of ACM hicaps. Or i'd be a paintballer. One of my favourite things about airsoft is the fact my toy M4 has 'Colt M4A1' stamped on the side of the receiver. I know it isn't a real M4A1 carbine, and i'm glad of that because it won't kill anyone. But the fact it's such a convincing replica of one in a safe and fun form is one of the major draws for me.

The way i look at it, Umarex guns are basically a small step up from two tones. Fake trademarks in a realistic font in the right place are fine - They're a lot harder to notice. No trademarks at all is fine - You can pretend like it's some CIA dude's gun manufactured with no distinguishing marks. When you go putting white paragraphs and '6mm' and '<1 joule' all over it, you're crossing the damn line.

Fail, Umarex. Please. Every night i pray for you to fail.

Exactly - If they're paying for the license, why not use it to apply bang on accurate, 100% correct markings? That'd increase sales, make airsofters happy, and generally be a win for everyone concerned.

Unfortunately, they've chosen to be total buttgobblers instead.

Normally, I would care less about its markings. But you do have a point, when one does something one should always go all the way, especially we consumers pay for the licensing of the trades.

Probably be flamed, butI wouldn't mind airsoft guns being painted with a blue barrel. If a company wants to market it as a training weapon you might as well make it resemble a training weapon (along with the correct trades) :P

I am more concerned about the skirmishability. But we shall see.

Archived