Bell Mauser C96 'Box Cannon' (Clone of HFC)

T0p Sp!N

Yeah, clones of Maruzen. Or was that Marushin?

The original was plastic though.

The HFC cost me $90 or so from Redwolf 5 years ago.

The gun itself is great, and so simple that even Bell will be hard pressed to screw this up.

So here's hoping Bell actually release some mags for this that don't leak and vent as badly as the HFC mags do :)

sadly not gbb that only came as an 8mm

besides a blaster with blowback makes no sense! ;)

+1 on the non leaking mags - despite all my best efforts I can't keep gas in mine - makes the gun pretty much unskirmishable in a practical sense...

Its a german gun, chap ;)

You need to do some research, chap ;).

*edit, extra* Yes it was used by german officers quite a fair bit, but they where by no means the only one. Russian officer with one is a little far fetched, but not impossible. It certainly was not russian issue.

Nope. Marushin (NOT Maruzen) first came out with NBB's in pistol and carbine form. I have even handled the carbines from Marushin AND HFC.

What HFC did different from Marushin was to make the gun with metal.

As for Soviets with Mausers? Sure happened. There was a HUGE shipment of 'Bolo' Mausers (Short for Bolshevik, one end of the Communist spectrum) with 3.9" short barrel in 7.63x25. It's smaller overall than usual C96 Mausers, and all these M712s replicate the full-auto capable model from mid-30's, predated by Spanish clones.

One version I'd love to see would be the Chinese .45ACP clone.

One version I'd love to see would be the Chinese .45ACP clone.

But that would mean that you will really need "clips" (AFAIK, no .45ACP Chinese version have detachable magazines).

I do want non-leaking mags, preferrably short ones that are not so noticeable, for my Chinese loadout...of course.

You need to do some research, chap ;).

*edit, extra* Yes it was used by german officers quite a fair bit, but they where by no means the only one. Russian officer with one is a little far fetched, but not impossible. It certainly was not russian issue.

Your point?

He's even wrong about it not being issue in Russia... It was. When you have tens of thousands of the pistols, you do issue them around. :)

Have you checked Samurai M712 magazines, Adadqqq? I have couple, and they don't leak too much. And it sits flush with the bottom of the magwell, so it'll be easier to 'camouflage' as clip-fed. Of course, all these Marushin style magazines have the same basic problem, the hoop system is less secure on the BBs than feed lips.

all these Marushin style magazines have the same basic problem, the hoop system is less secure on the BBs than feed lips.

that and the slightest distortion of the hoop at the top will lock the mag into the gun and jam the whole lot solid... Much tugging and swearing is required to get it out again...

True, I suspect that's simply because they're all based off Marushin's original cap firer and they look so much more exciting in full auto mode.

In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion that Marushin actually took an earlier design of cap firer and reissued that, although I may be wrong and it might be their original design.

Nothing much to stop you removing the selector and fitting a short mag though, which will give the look of an earlier semi-auto, if not a 100% accurate replication.

Cheers.

Only problem taking the selector off: It's molded into the lower body, and not a sperate piece, in just about all but the GBBs. And I'm not even sure if it's separate piece on the GBBs, since I haven't seen them in person yet.

A 6mm GBB would be great for all sorts of loadouts - from Butch Cassidy/Sundance Kid to Winston Churchill to German officers in either World War to Star Wars blaster to post-apocalyptic Earth of the near-future... :D

Yeah, clones of Maruzen. Or was that Marushin?

The original was plastic though.

The HFC cost me $90 or so from Redwolf 5 years ago.

The gun itself is great, and so simple that even Bell will be hard pressed to screw this up.

So here's hoping Bell actually release some mags for this that don't leak and vent as badly as the HFC mags do :)

Short mags at RSOV:

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=12499

Only problem taking the selector off: It's molded into the lower body, and not a sperate piece, in just about all but the GBBs. And I'm not even sure if it's separate piece on the GBBs, since I haven't seen them in person yet.

I think you're wrong about that. It's certainly a separate piece on the NBB from Marushin being made of metal rather than ABS as the frame is. On the GBB it operates as a working selector.

I'm pretty certain it's removable on the HFC too.

On one of them (I can't recall if it's the HFC or Marushin), I actually had mine set to the R position for a while.

Cheers.

Hmm, I think I need to take a shot of my HFC M712 and mark what I meant by the body-molded selector. Like I said, I haven't seen the GBBs in person, so I can't say for sure how they did it on those.

At least on mine, the safety is a similar lever next to hammer as in the real Broomhandle I got to handle a while ago.

Archived