United Star AN/PRC148 MBITR

Stangace

• 4 weeks later...

I`m getting optimistic. The manual for the United Star mbitr states the following:

1. STEP 5/6.25/10/12.5/25/50

http://www.yzh.hk/en_ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=4236

Could this mean that radio will work with the european frequencies? As there may be a stepping alternative for 6.25.

I asked this question to RSOV. But they just told me to read the manual.rolleyes.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What big question? It has been answered a million times over different forums and shops. Yes it has 6.25khz stepping, yes it operates with PMR freq., yes it can be switched to low 0.5 watt output to be legal inside most countrys inside the EU, yes it works with mil 6 pin ptt's and yes it has a Kenwood plug and also works with that .....

What big question? It has been answered a million times over different forums and shops. Yes it has 6.25khz stepping, yes it operates with PMR freq., yes it can be switched to low 0.5 watt output to be legal inside most countrys inside the EU, yes it works with mil 6 pin ptt's and yes it has a Kenwood plug and also works with that .....

Ok, thank you for your informative answer.

I DISAGREE with Mr.Schnabel with regards to one thing. It DOES NOT work electrically with real steal PTTs or headsets that use the U-229 NATO connectors.

Yes, it connects physically, but there is an impedence mismatch with real steal microphones.

((The DragonRed MBITR radio has an amplifier built in, so it does work with real military PTTs and headsets.))

There is a way around this for real Peltor Comtac 2 owners. You need to purchase the Z-Tactical (Element) boom microphone for their

Replica Comtac2's. Unplug the real boom microphone and plug in the replica microphone. This will correct the impedence mismatch

and allow your United Star MBITR (using the U228 connector) to connect to a real military PTT (using the U229 connector) and allow

a real Peltor Comtac2 headset to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived