Magpul PTS PMAG-20LR

aznriptide859

XD.

I think this'll make uscmCorps happy, though if I know him, he's probably already gutted a RS PMAG-20LR for his EMC build :D

I've actuallly known about this for a long time. I think EA may have jumped the gun a bit on model and brand compatibility. Unfortunately for me I have an Ares SR-25, and I believe this is only compatible with G&P SR-25's and similar guns. I'm pretty sure it's not compatible with the M14 primarily due to the different mag catches involved and the BB feed point. SCAR compatibility is debatable too. The problem is, when it came to the 7.62 platform so many different Airsoft manufacturers decided to go about it to their own spec rather than a unified design like with the AR platform. I'm trying to convince PTS to do 7.62 mags for the Ares platform, but I'm just not sure how worthwhile it'd be for them. That said, there isn't exactly a whole heck of a lot of G&P SR-25 owners out there either, so who knows.

As for installing my Ares mid caps into RS 7.62 PMAGs, I'm tempted to try but I'm not sure how well the Ares straight mag internals will work in the curved PMAG body. :(

It just comes back to the shape of the internals. As we all know, AEG mags have an outer shell that acts as a sleeve over an internal structure. The inner body of the Ares SR-25 mags are designed to fit into a straight sleeve/shell. The PMAG is curved. It's *possible* that I can make the straight guts fit into the curved shell by dremeling the front and back profiles of the Ares guts, but a lot of that comes down to the way the BB channels in the Ares guts are laid out. I may not have much wiggle room.

Why's that? The real PMAG 20LR's aren't compatible with M-14's. Can you use G&P SR-25 mags in TM M14s? No. They look similar but that's where the similarities end.

Well, it said ARES/STAR M-14 compatible in the original webpage entry, but now it's been edited out.

If it was to be M-14 compatible it made sense to me to be compatible with the Marui one and clones. Moot point anyway as they are NOT for M-14s.

GGrrr, you know what , I'm still going to buy one, and I WILL get it to fit my TM M14,

there isnt much that will defeat an angry airsofter and his dremel!!!

If people can convert M16 mags to fit in airsoft "Mini 14s" (A la A team) surely I can get one of those PMAGS to lock into an M14 (with enough Milliput and dremmelling!)

Jim

Archived