RATech CO2 Magazines for KSC/KWA Glocks

aznriptide859

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy sh*t.

This may convince me to fix up my Glock and scrap a 1911 Project.

Amazing. I know cold weather was a HUGE issue for me, but DAMN. I think this is a huge breakthrough in GBBs. We had CO2 guns, but they shot at well above 400 FPS.

60 100+ shots per mag is great for payers who dont want to spend as much on mags. And You can notice a much snappier recoil.

I'd imagine this is what touching God feels like.

FINALLY, someone making CO2 mags at the SAME POWER LEVEL as green gas. This is what CO2 mags have needed, and this will likley catch on, and Green gas will be forgoten about (well, i can hope :P)

"Piece of cake" lol

Did you get what the FPS was? My monitor's ###### and I can't really read off the numbers from their chronograph.

And they're retailing for 35 USD from RA-Tech's website.

Did you get what the FPS was? My monitor's ###### and I can't really read off the numbers from their chronograph.

And they're retailing for 35 USD from RA-Tech's website.

Green gas was 96 and the co2 mag was 106. I'm assuming that means M/S so the FPS would be 320 and 340 or there abouts, Just a little tweeking and low flowing would get it to below 328 for CQB use.

suddenly Hera kits became woodland skirmishable in the uk

They always were skirmishable in woodland, but Co2 mags should be more consistant (especially in the UK) and make them even more skirmishable than they were.

I don't care about the long mags myself, I think they're stupid and sold all my long mags the week after the weekend game I bought them for, 4 - 8 Co2 short mags for me please! :D

I need to buy myself a KSC/KWA Glock quick so i have a side arm that works in winter

Just get a TM one then, they work in winter without a Co2 mag. And you can hit things with them.

Still, it's nice to see someone making Co2 mags for popular GBB's, these are definitely going to keep the KSC G's firing in the coldest of temperatures... Here's hoping they make them for several other different guns, preferably some TM ones.

Green gas was 96 and the co2 mag was 106. I'm assuming that means M/S so the FPS would be 320 and 340 or there abouts, Just a little tweeking and low flowing would get it to below 328 for CQB use.

Thanks!biggrin.gif

I finally have a plan to upgrade my KSC glock 18c now ever since i bought that gimmicky ###### and used a TM MEU instead since these CO2 mags are comming out. I don't know whats wrong with my KSC mags, but they tend to suck in my glock (slide jams, etc.). Guess I got a lemon.

FINALLY, someone making CO2 mags at the SAME POWER LEVEL as green gas. This is what CO2 mags have needed, and this will likley catch on, and Green gas will be forgoten about (well, i can hope :P)

"Piece of cake" lol

? KJW Hicapa CO2 mags are only 20fps or so higher than the green and they have been out ages.

With luck it might make the KSC G18c vaguely usable.

129 rounds for a £1.50 12g co2 cartridge

Thats really good economy

man i wish they made mp7 mags, now thums up the mp7 comment on the you tube video so it goes to the attention of Ratech

is everyone missing the point its only got safe power levels on C02 because the mags are COLD, if you used it on a warm day fps would be insane !

The Co2 mags are not safe to use unless its very cold, plus he diped them in ice 9 degrees i think ?

Edit*

My TM glock 3rd gen works fine in winter way better than my ksc ones

i only use my ksc mp7 as a primary in winter in the cold it was still reliable, i was using my mp7 in woodland for crying out loud when it was freezing with no problems in semi, yeah full auto would be a pain but who uses a gbb in full auto ?

Thats really good economy

man i wish they made mp7 mags, now thums up the mp7 comment on the you tube video so it goes to the attention of Ratech

I believe the Chrono test was done with fresh mags not with the ones form the freezer bucket.

is everyone missing the point its only got safe power levels on C02 because the mags are COLD, if you used it on a warm day fps would be insane !

The Co2 mags are not safe to use unless its very cold, plus he diped them in ice 9 degrees i think ?

I think the point here is that you don't use a GBB in full auto because they CAN'T not becuase you don't want to, this helps address that problem. And yes TM's are much better with gas and in cold temps than KSC/KWA's but in the cold my TM P226 sometimes gasses out in freezing temps and limits my RoF especially noticeable on triple taps it'll vent after a few.

Edit*

My TM glock 3rd gen works fine in winter way better than my ksc ones

i only use my ksc mp7 as a primary in winter in the cold it was still reliable, i was using my mp7 in woodland for crying out loud when it was freezing with no problems in semi, yeah full auto would be a pain but who uses a gbb in full auto ?

£1.50?! Most places sell single 12g non-threaded Co2 cartridges for £0.70, boxes of ten usually cost about £5 and if you want to buy bulk (and I mean bulk) then they're about £0.26 each :P

You are missing the reason why CO2 is such a good power source for airsoft guns, the liquid state gas does not fluctuate in preassure when the tempriture changes nearly as much as green gas/duster. Yes it does change, but marginally compaired to the other gasses.

Plus, he cronoed of a fresh bulb, not a frozen one.

This whole myth that co2 = insane fps is only because most co2 powered guns are made by questionable companies that think more fps means a better gun.

Co2 can be regulated inside a mag and a gun to produce as near as makes no difference to 330fps. It's just that everyone seems so hooked up with the idea that TM knows best, and since they used green gas to power their gas guns it was the best.

It's not, why do you think paintball uses co2? It's not because they are all about insane FPS. They are restricted just as much as "we" are. It's because they know co2 is an excellent form of propellent, its cheap, consistent in a wide range of temperatures. and easy to regulate. If anything its safer too. You have a pocket full of pistol mags, which are filled with a highly flammable liquid, and pyro is used in most airsoft matches. I dont know about you but I dont want to explode into a ball of fire. While very unlikely to happen, its still a valid safety point since co2 isn't combustible, it puts out fires, not starts them.

I'm not having a dig at TM, they do make some excellent airsoft guns. It's just people need to get there heads out there arses and see that they're are so many better options for the player, but no one will adopt them because all the big companies can't be bothered to make you a airsoft gun that reaches its full potential.

/rant

The next "big step" in running GBB handguns, and GBBrs for that matter, is to be able to refil the magazine with liquid CQ2, in the same way that we now refil mags with green/duster. Doing away with expencive CO2 bulbs*.

You'd need to have some simple machine to hold the mag and the CO2 bottle, but It's quite a relyable method once the kinks are worked out.

Then you would set up the gun to shoot at whatever FPS you where after and YES IT IS POSSIBLE to get a CO2 powered GBB to as low as 120FPS (i've seen it done)

*You might be able to get them cheeply, but going back to the old days of classic airsoft or how painballers roll, CO2 was/is much cheaper in large bottles.

Archived