Zeta labs spring Mosin Nagant!

ninja master of coffee

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the review says its SOLID, but a solid gun doesnt make it a good gun, at least for me a good gun is a gun with a long and precise range and for that, you need a good hop chamber, not to mention an easy and fast way to reload and cock.

I will wait for the performance report :)

• 2 weeks later...

I got my hands on one the other day and i'm in love, its soooo well made its ridiculous. That loading mechanism is very smart, no silly looking BAR 10 type mags here. Gotta love the quality of that bolt too. its made from some really beefy mild steel with proper welds etc. The cylinder itself is about 3mm thick, about twice that of usual bolty airsofts, and not made from shít metal to boot. Even the trigger mech is nothing like that of the usual boltys, its far sturdier. :)

Here's a little nosey at one in HD, love the welding on the bolt.

Changing the spring is very similar to doing the same on say a BAR 10, the downside is though, the spring isn't a standard sniper or AEG spring. It looks very similar to that of an AEG but its a wider diameter spring with much thicker coils than an average one. Ive never actually seen such a strong spring in an airsoft gun to be honest. lol

You can mod AEG springs in order to work with it simply by twisting them in order to widen the inner diameter, so it fits over the piston but you would want to make sure to do this properly, with the right tools and making sure not to kink the spring or mis shape it. if you do it could probably get bitten before its fully compressed, preventing it from cocking.

Its a fantastic piece of kit though and the build quality has far more in common with air rifles as opposed to airsoft rifles. I'll see if i can do a detailed vid of the internals and post back up at the weekend, it was getting too dark to get any detail in the last one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived