L85 RIS

The Big Bad

Was browsing through RSOV to look for stuff for my order, and I found this:

http://new.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=13309&cateId=191

kit_0465_3_WK119lEZMHd9LCUbONBK.jpg

kit_0465_1_eFJ2TlHKBCmePDTrIaP0.jpg

I've seen this a few times, but I'm PRETTY sure this is a clone of the Daniel Defense RIS meant for SA80's. Now you can pimp out your L85 without costing an arm and a leg for the real deal.

A vid regarding the RS version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgA_3ulwN_w

It seems that Hornbill even copied the opening upper section. ^^

Well they've obviously gone for the G&G spec because of the huge numbers of Army 85s out there, thinking that going for the biggest market will yield the most sales. Though I think the ironic thing is that ARES crowd would be much more the kind of folks to want to want these, whereas the guys with the chinese guns probably aren't going to notice/want to buy one, certainly not as much at any rate.

Well they've obviously gone for the G&G spec because of the huge numbers of Army 85s out there, thinking that going for the biggest market will yield the most sales. Though I think the ironic thing is that ARES crowd would be much more the kind of folks to want to want these, whereas the guys with the chinese guns probably aren't going to notice/want to buy one, certainly not as much at any rate.

Well i was looking for an ICS L85 & i still am probably.You are right,i wouldn't want to fit this to my R85 simply because we didn't get any gizmos to attach to our weapons when i was issued mine.I bought the R85 because it was the same model i was issued with but i fancied getting an A2 to go with my modern Brit load out & i would fit the rail to that.

Does anyone know the differances between the R85 & the STAR/ARES models that stop the rail fitting them?

I'm just wondering how easy it would be to modify the RIS to fit another brand.When i've had the STAR & ARES L85s to work on i've never really done a side by side comparison.

The only other option if i can't find an A2 cocking handle is to pay a lot more money & buy one of the more expensive brands & make the modification to either the RIS or the weapon.Not an ideal situation in either case.

Well i was looking for an ICS L85 & i still am probably.You are right,i wouldn't want to fit this to my R85 simply because we didn't get any gizmos to attach to our weapons when i was issued mine.I bought the R85 because it was the same model i was issued with but i fancied getting an A2 to go with my modern Brit load out & i would fit the rail to that.

Does anyone know the differances between the R85 & the STAR/ARES models that stop the rail fitting them?

I'm just wondering how easy it would be to modify the RIS to fit another brand.When i've had the STAR & ARES L85s to work on i've never really done a side by side comparison.

The only other option if i can't find an A2 cocking handle is to pay a lot more money & buy one of the more expensive brands & make the modification to either the RIS or the weapon.Not an ideal situation in either case.

AFAIK it's because the Ares/Star models set out to make an exact replica externally, then fitted an airsoft gun into it. Whereas the G&G/Army and ICS were designed with less importance placed on the dimensions so the handguards and guns in general fit together differently.

I've seen this a few times, but I'm PRETTY sure this is a clone of the Daniel Defense RIS meant for SA80's. Now you can pimp out your L85 without costing an arm and a leg for the real deal.

A vid regarding the RS version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgA_3ulwN_w

It seems that Hornbill even copied the opening upper section. ^^

Don't know if you guys noticed the chap in the video has an A1 L85 B)

Archived