AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

A question, I find the rear sight on my AK gets flipped up when I'm pushing through brush quite easily. I suspect it's due to the leaf spring not being strong enough but I'm dubious about putting a real steel leaf spring in a CYMA as I've heard they're very strong and I have a feeling it would just crack the gas block. Any suggestions? It's pretty irritating to try and take a shot and find the rear sight is obscuring the red dot. I was going to order a CYMA railed dust cover but they just sold out at Taiwan Gun. 

18 minutes ago, ninja master of coffee said:

A question, I find the rear sight on my AK gets flipped up when I'm pushing through brush quite easily. I suspect it's due to the leaf spring not being strong enough but I'm dubious about putting a real steel leaf spring in a CYMA as I've heard they're very strong and I have a feeling it would just crack the gas block. Any suggestions? It's pretty irritating to try and take a shot and find the rear sight is obscuring the red dot. I was going to order a CYMA railed dust cover but they just sold out at Taiwan Gun. 

I've been using CYMA rear sight blocks in my GBB builds and they come with very beefy leaf springs. I've also noticed they changed the support for it to have about as much material as real ones vs old cracked ones I used to see which were thin.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Wingmann said:

You can try and bend the leaf spring first, so it offers more resistance. That has given me good results in some cases.

Thanks, I had a quick go at that last night and I think it helped a little. I wasn't sure how much to bend the spring by however so I'm going to have another go this weekend when I'm not tired and have more time. 

• Like 1
On 10/19/2021 at 9:38 PM, ninja master of coffee said:

That's very useful to know, thanks! My AK-105 is in the CM040 series but it's a few years old, I think about four years old now so I'm not sure if that means it's robust enough or not? Thanks for your advice. 

On the old one, the shelf the spring sits on has square corners. The reinforced one has rounded ones following the contour of the bolt carrier.

• Thanks 1

Clearly that is the anti aircraft field position stock attachment.

Now I want to see you pull off what negative airsoft did and make a top folder using a pps bizon stock.  Guessing he just found an ak sidefolder with the right pin size to match it.

Sadly do not have any new builds myself, though I am always dreaming of them.  Seeing the pics from the latest ak festival in Japan has not helped me.

Edited by Gunmane
  • 4 weeks later...

My one:

4wgWrAe.jpg

wZeIfDm.jpg

Buttstock (including adapter wood, and metall parts, excluding sling swivel): all custom. Stock adapter custom milled.

Receiver: CM.0.48. (custom magazine catch, and selector screw, CM.0.36 charging handle). Fakelite pistol grip.

Front: fully mixed (Marui CYMA, JG) mostly CM.0.36. but custom barrel (both internal and external). RS rear sight. Custom wood parts.

And no joke, custom steel adapter to be able to fit Marui and VFC system together.

SADF Recce-ish items.

Edited by Murdoc
  • Like 4

I ended up getting one AIMS so the whole set in the AKM had the same wood and I could use the other one I had.
AKM has the original 18:1 gears shortstroked 3 teeth, full metal rack piston + alu head and a Perun V3 hybrid.
AIMS has 16:1 SHS gears shortstroked 3 teeth, full metal rack piston + alu head and a Titan V3 basic.
TwoAKMs1.jpgTwoAKMs2.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...