RealSword M16/M4 GBB/AEG

SlickAxe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RealSword does not need upgrade.

^^This^^

I couldn't care less about M4 and armalites in general, all I care about is what will come next.

Mp5 and G3 variants with the same standard would be awesome, but it would be even better to see AK74 and 100 series with magnetic blowback and real marking with all that RS goodness and overall top-notch quality.

but it would be even better to see AK74 and 100 series with magnetic blowback and real marking with all that RS goodness and overall top-notch quality.

You are not thinking progressive enough.

PKM is what we need(after SVD, why not?).

I will gladly pay up to $700 for one.

Redwolf's video has claimed the gun uses normal AEG magazines.

That would be good, but... arent regular AEG mags wider and shorter than real steel ones? and then how will the mags engage the bolt lock? maybe they were using regular mags in order to hide the propietary mags.

Personally I dont remember RW video stating such use of regular mags :S

PKM is what we need(after SVD, why not?).

I will gladly pay up to $700 for one.

I think you're being far too optimistic thinking that RS could make a PKM for that price even with a normal AEG GB, let alone with the new system, double that price would be more realistic.

Looking again at the M16 AEG, it looks like it has a little hole where a ambidextrous selector would be placed and the mag release ir ambidextrous too... will this mean it will be released for lefties too?

BTW: there are hicaps listed too, good point :lol:

Guys, i will update the article as soon as we have more info!

This is the current official statement from RS regarding all your questions:

For now,we got no news from the company on its release date or the price yet.

It may need some time to wait,as every new product releasing is a long-time project.

We will notify you if we get more detailed info. on it .

• 2 months later...

N-N-N-N-N-N-NECRO

(posted here rather than the IWA thread in Airsoft News proper because with default sorting that's way back in Nobodyevercheckistan/page 4)

4.jpg

So I was digging through pics of this because of boredom/anticipation, and this struck me as rather odd. Compare the mounting points for the pistol grips on that to this, a diagram of how to detach/attach a real-steel AR-15 pistol grip:

AR-15.jpg

A threaded hole of about the same size in about the same place. It looks to me like this is designed to take real-steel pistol grips, and that there's also no motor in the pistol grip. (edit to clarify: there aren't any other holes in the receiver there for the motor shaft, so it's either not there or has to somehow go through the screw)

The thing is, though, there was a pretty clear shot in RedWolf's IWA vid (1:20) of the bottom of the pistol grip, showing four screws and what looked like maybe a hole to stick an Allen key in for motor height adjustment. So I don't know. Since this is my new little pet theory and all, I'm of the opinion that this (and the other things that didn't make sense, like the gear interfacing with nothing) may just be to protect their design from cloning before release. (I am also open to the possibility that this is a spectacularly stupid idea and there's a motor in there like every AR-15 AEG ever.)

Confusion had; input welcome.

Mm, good catch, hadn't thought of the GBBR possibility, actually. I took a look on the NLAirsoft news posting's poster for the M16 AEG version, and it does have a shot of an unfinished receiver with that angled part in the upper left. Then again, 1. there's a shot of the M4A1's (GBBR version, for the poster pair) barrel there as well, and 2. it's in the "forged but not yet machined" stage, meaning they could just cut that off for the AEG version.

Edit @mimesis: The ones at their IWA booth (forged, semi-finished, finished) looked the same. Not proof by any stretch, but eh.

The thing is, though, there was a pretty clear shot in RedWolf's IWA vid (1:20) of the bottom of the pistol grip, showing four screws and what looked like maybe a hole to stick an Allen key in for motor height adjustment. So I don't know. Since this is my new little pet theory and all, I'm of the opinion that this (and the other things that didn't make sense, like the gear interfacing with nothing) may just be to protect their design from cloning before release. (I am also open to the possibility that this is a spectacularly stupid idea and there's a motor in there like every AR-15 AEG ever.)

Confusion had; input welcome.

Four allen screws and hole in the middle? sounds like a PTW/CTW motor baseplate, as on them the motor is held via a slot and two pins, which the grip slides over and then the baseplate is secured to the motor locking the grip on.

I'm inclined to think that the photo is of real steel production, rather than real sword, unless someone can persuade me otherwise.

it would make sense though, if in the shows they only had lower part sample there, would mean they are just making prototype now ready, not mass producing, this kind of pics should come when you are mass producing it already, now question is, where this picture have been googled from? any google fu masters out there :P

Four allen screws and hole in the middle? sounds like a PTW/CTW motor baseplate, as on them the motor is held via a slot and two pins, which the grip slides over and then the baseplate is secured to the motor locking the grip on.

Pistolgrip.jpg

Philips, actually. Never seen the bottom of a PTW/CTW's pistol grip so I can't say for myself what any resemblance may be.

I'm inclined to think that the photo is of real steel production, rather than real sword, unless someone can persuade me otherwise.

If its real steel then it must be a full auto one in production -which is unlikely. The auto sear pin hole is visible suggesting its GBBR.

Archived