ARES Mod. 96 Beryl AEG

bulmedius

1. You have got GB on one of photos from first post. It will be v3.

2. As far as I know info from first post lack information that "father" of this project is Taktyczny.com . They initiated and worked out all hard talks between "Łucznik" (real steel producer) and Ares.It is not that just real steel producer ask Ares about idea of airsoft version of their project. I wonder why guys from Gunfire didn't mentioned this small fact ;)

3. I am not sure about mag and battery issue but seen some info that all ak aeg's mags should fit so most probably battery should go somewhere else. Maybe AK syle stick? This days LiPos batt's don't need so much space as older types needed.

Some more info can be found e.g. on wmasg.pl (use gogole to translate) and some ad can be watched on

as well.

For me most interesting info is:

Uwaga! Beryl ASG jest AEGiem, a nie repliką typu PTW czy CTW, jak niektórzy mylnie wywnioskowali. Jednak ze względu na kompatybilność z częściami wersji palnej, jak również dążenie firmy Taktyczny.com do wykonania repliki na poziomie jakości uprawniającym ją do zastosowania jako TW - Beryl ASGprzygotowywany jest jako replika treningowa dla wojska, a wszystkie prace zmierzają w kierunku, aby jego obsługa - jak na AEG - była maksymalnie realna.

It says that:

Warning! Beryl is ASG AEG, not a replica or CTW PTW type, as some wrongly concluded. However, due to compatibility with different versions of parts of real firearms, as well as companies striving to comply that Taktyczny.com replicas were at the level of quality which entitles it to use as a TW (Training Weapon) - Beryl ASG is prepared as areplica of the training for the army, and all the work going in the direction to its staff - for AEG - it was up to maximum with the real thing.

• 3 months later...

Ok. We know almost everything ;)

http://wmasg.pl/pl/armoury/show/184850 (Polish)

In short. At link you have really good recce made by Promant and Borax.

I am afraid in polish only but my translation sum-up comes:

It seems it is very good example of cooperation between RS and AS markets.

GB is v3 but with some modifications. Electronics is quite interesting.

pros:

+ full metal

+ some parts are steel

+ solid montage and sturdy feeling

+ bolts not nuts where it should be bolts ;)

+ good quality of gearbox

+ full RS markings

+ electronic 3 round burst as RS

+ quick swapping spring without taking GB apart

+ qiuck change of electronics without taking GB apart

+ inner parts of GB seems good quality as well

cons:

- a bit wobbly stock when in "broken" position (same as RS so not so cons as for me)

- a bit to wobbly setting part of backsight (compered to RS)

- nut that comes into grip seems a bit to shallow in its nest (can be ripped?)

- some issue with other AK mags expected (not feeding)

premiere at shot show :)))

• 3 months later...

So, from the review: It's essentially an AK74 with a different frontend and stock, but with a 3rnd burst selector on the left side. And the magazines, for no good reason, are not TM compatible.

Also, it shoots like ######. Well done ARES.

ARES are like a stupendously hot girl with no vagina. It all looks awesome, and you get really excited, until you get it unwrapped and realise nothing you thought was going to happen is actually going to happen.

Yeah, but it could be worse, could be something swinging down there :P (or as i call it the 'what was CA like back in 2006 ;))

'FireKnife'

Archived