WE AKS-74UN First Impressions (Pic heavy)

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one was a WELL G74A. This project was crazy flustrating but finally finished - and fully working.  

Here is my 74UN. Had to mod the little metal piece that came with the Zenit stock, as it doesnt align with the hole on the WE receiver and also it was a little long.     Internals Orga Magnus 6.32mm

#grabpopcorn #lovethisfight #stubbornvsstubborn #clashofthetitans   Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, NonEx said:

Not exactly true. I managed to fit the WE AK-47 PMC magazine internals in an RS MAGPUL MOE AK 47 magazine. Not sure I would recommend it as it is a pain in the *albatross* to get done. But it can be done.

I assumed we were talking about the 74 mags (the plastic ones), as those are the ones that break easily, as well as the ones that are much longer than real mags.

Edited by Dimitri MdP
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 5/19/2017 at 9:22 AM, Batmause said:

Be carefull, it isn't spring loaded as the WE, painted with the gasblock - and that is why it is often not able to take appart!

Update: I saw I'm in late. :( We have few stock gas block with flashhider on stock from our OTs-14 builds. I will ask my colleague about how much to send it to you.

Update2: About this stock pin, just punch it out. Sometimes it is really hard to get it out.

Update3: I can confirm, I have 1 piece and my colleague have 3 pieces on stock from OTs-14 conversion. ;) Send me a PM!

Wow, I know it's been 7 years ago... but how did you managed to punch out that pin?
I am trying to replace the folder with a 5KU stock adapter.

My WE AK74UN stock pin won't budge. I have used quite alot of force trying to hammer that pin from the bottom, but only making dents. Already tried heating and WD40.

Also looked up the net for a diagram, but it shows it like a single ping without features.
I'm near desperate to drill that pin out.

20240330_114048.webp

Well I have been asking around on Youtube and few people said it need to be wacked from the bottom. I let it soak in WD40 for a day, still won't budge.

So I tried to drill a hole with a steel bit very slowly from the bottom to where it almost passed the hinge (like 7mm), then I use a small hex bit to fit in that hole and gave it a hard whack with a hammer 3 times. Then I see it finally move a bit from the bottom. I gave it 5 more whacks and finally it is pushed out of the stock hinge.

I can see that the pin has diamond profile at the top, but they decided to grind it clean and level with the pin. That explains why it spins freely at the top and bottom of the receiver hinge and stuck in the stock hinge itself.
Luckily the pin is still intact.

If anyone may encounter this problem in the future, I hope they will find this userfull. 

See images below:

https://ibb.co/j8wjLr7
https://ibb.co/3WxDt7C