New TM MK IV series 70 1911

TeowneD

Just saw this on youtube

Hopefully this isnt duplicate news, but it looks like TM is really gonna be making a MKIV series 70 after all. I'm definetely getting this!

[media='']

[/media]

cheers guys!

-brendan

I only understand English, i am sure i heard the phrase "steel challenge" , is the chap saying the pistol is going to be aimed at competiton shooting ?

Could that imply TM have geared the pistol more to fast accurate shooting over the normal models, not that the others are slow or not accurate :) but maybe this will be like an "11" to the others all running at "10"

(spinal tap yeaaa)

Rough translation...

Sales guy: (Hard to hear because of the staff around him welcoming people to the booth).

For release at the end of the year, the Series 70. Selling pints are the blue matte slide finish, realistic outer barrel, the hammer is changed as well. Single stack magazine, colt medallion, (fake) wood grip. On sale in December for 17, 800.

The guy at the end was the winner of the Japanese steel challenge tactical class. After he drops his glasses, he says he used a Marui 1911 in during the competition, but he plans on using the Series 70 next year. He gives his account of what makes the gun famous and why colt began production. Something about releasing around the same time as the python, and how colt believed that they would sell more of them if they made the good looking. He says it's the fourth generation pistol, and comments on the engravings and the silver ejection port. He also talks about the slight differences between the Mark IV and other 1911 (grooves instead of checks, slight differences in the safety, mag release, etc). He also adds that he is most impressed with the side polish design. He didn't think Marui would go that far. He is very excited (can't you tell) for it to be released at the end of the year and can't wait to fire it.

The Series 70 is the standard 1911A1 made for the sort of 60-70's market to reintroduce the gun and add features that others claimed were important but missing from the main gun (A1 version). I am excited as to my mind the Series 70 is the best model of the standard 1911 design, it features the bigger single sided safety (same as the Detonics) and the non-widened hammer.

Basically after the Night Warrior and the 1911A1 this has made my year for Marui, but to be honest the biggest thing for me is if they have the higher model sights or the older A1 sights. Either way the fact it is a Series 70 and that WA make the only other one i can't wait for this.

Sub-note: The M&P and the picture of what looks to be a snub nosed S&W M629 model next to the Barry Burton picture really interests me too :P

'FireKnife'

Thank you GingaNinga.

I did hear right on steel challenge :) i understood more of him than asking for directions in Glasgow.....

So to sum up then. It's a cosmetic reworking of a proven platform with no major tweeks to the gas system, so it will run the same as other TM 1911 versions. Not exciting enough to lure me away from my Glock, but nice piece anyway.

I think for people use build metal GBB out of the TM base it is nothing that important. Aside from maybe this will push the companies to make Series 70 kit for the platform. But for people who collect stock TM or have difficulty access metal kits(Domestic Japanese market maybe?), have a stock gun in different model is pretty good.

In anycase its good to see TM is focusing more on the aesthetic now also.

Well the Series 70 is a great choice, it will work for those that like 80's American TV, think Steven Seagal is a good person to do a loadout on or just have a hankering for a 1911 that is great to put next to their Detonics (as really the present TM Detonics is based on the one that was made from a cut down Series 70).

However can i wait til Dec 17th and which 1911 will i be replacing it with? :P

'FireKnife'

Some of you guys in this thread seem to be completely oblivious to the full TM new-release thread. You might want to check it out to save some questions about this and the other guns in the background of the pics:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/199828-tokyo-marui-teasers/

I'd rather have seen a scoremaster or a hardballer, this is literally just one line of the trades and grips away from the A1- in real steel as well as airsoft- the main feature introduced in the series 70 was a tighter bushing, which broke so often they went back to the A1's bushing.

Steven Seagal is a good person to do a loadout on

Well if you ever have to move faster than a jog you'll be doing a loadout on his stunt double, but okay.

I already own a Colt Government A1, so I'll prolly give it a miss, but to a new buyer interested in a classic, non-tactical 1911, this will be a treat.

I'd quite like to see some better detailed pictures of the finish though, as that seems to be one of the major features that differentiate this from the A1.

Otherwise, looks great. If this sells well in Japan, it may be we'll start seeing more classic 1911 variants. I, for one, would love a Para-Ordnance.

Well if you ever have to move faster than a jog you'll be doing a loadout on his stunt double, but okay.

I was joking, seriously why would you want to do a Seagal loadout?

If this sells well in Japan, it may be we'll start seeing more classic 1911 variants. I, for one, would love a Para-Ordnance.

Don't count on it, considering the rate at which TM make pistols along with the massive choices available for them to make i doubt we will see a Para Ord soon, as much as i would like one myself.

'FireKnife'

Archived