Airsoft PKM at Evike!

Agent47

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm this PKM is too much fail :(

get a deactivaed and build your own...

Given that that is illeagal in numerous countries, not to mention pretty expensive even if it isn't actally banned that is kind of a limited option. Ok so it has a matt black finish... like most airsoft AKs and people generally are OK with that even if it isn't accurate and the polly furniture isn't that nice, well, replace the furniture and re-spray if you're really that bothered. I know that at least a couple of people have converted deact PKMs to airsoft but the fact that it is only a couple of people in countries where it is legal suggests it's not exactly an easy job. I'm personally looking forward to seeing these things around, bit more interesting than the slew of SAW based LMGs you see.

This has the feelings of being an Evike attention ###### hoax, just like the MG42's and BAR's they have announced in the past.

If it is in fact a real product then that is pretty cool, but it had better be made of some quality materials or this thing is going to either snap in half or have some sever barrel wobble issues. Cosmetically it is pretty ugly but that can be fixed with a few hours work and some paint. Add some nice wood on there and it will look much better.

If this is a real product I wonder how many people will buy these and then realize they are incredibly unwieldy? That monster box mag makes carrying one of these things a bear.

I would prefer the stock bipod as well, but the SOPMOD model makes up for that one flub with dramatically enhanced lowlight combat capabilities (PEQ15 anyone?). Then again, I'm talking about real-world applications here. The SOPMOD PKM will never be as classy or gorgeous as the wood furniture model. This is airsoft, after all. :)

... that said, if these are good enough to warrant owning two, one will be the SOPMOD variant. :D

You do not need rails for night time operations:

l.jpg

The addition of rails is useless as the original PKM bipod can also serve as foregrip(and a more comfortable one; because box mag gets in the way with a vertical foregrip; but grabbing the bipod's legs has no problem).

Unless....

yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-bipods-so-we-put-a-bipod-on-your-bipod-so-you-can-support-while-you-support.jpg

Using a night vision scope is a FAR inferior choice to using NVGs and an IR laser for real world combat shooting. That said, I'm kinda derailing this into offtopic (realsteel) territory, so I'll leave it at that. If you'd like to continue discussing lowlight combat equipment via PM, I will happily oblige. :)

Back on topic, I'm also interested in some official word from A&K. I hope this isn't another hoax. xP

Archived