Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.solid-run.com/products/hummingboard/

Rasberry pi sized and shaped (so compatible with all raspberry pi housings).

Same architecture as RasbPi (so can use same software like RetroPi, RaspBMC, etc)

And AND AND a 1ghz Dual Core with 1Gb of RAM! oooh, that's tempting. 

Especially with the stupidly strong Sterling at the moment. :D

Wait. So I can slap this thing on it: http://www.dx.com/p/tft-2-8-touchscreen-display-module-for-raspberry-pi-320156 , use my XCOM pack power supply (8 D-Cells or standard AEG battery plugged into a 5V converter) and have a wearable computer?

NEAT.

So.... Pipboy then?

Might have to look into these witch-boards.

Oh my...

After a bit of swearing I managed to sort  the hop unit and new rubber, now I might be able to hit something further than 10 metres away. Learning experience: Get some lubricants to make life easier.

Could've tried to use froglube I guess.

The problem with more power is it uses more power. Honestly, for a pip boy style thing, you'd be fine with a bog standard RPi board. I'm only interested in the hummingboard because more RAM means it'll handle some graphics intensive stuff on XBMC better, plus it has proper powered USB sockets so you don't need a powered hub.

Mike: Also, that Udoo is hella expensive.

Wait, I can has Pip Boy?

(ignore the fact that a smaller smart phone can do more and doesn't take up all of my lower arm)

Awesome, because retro classics with modern-ish tech for the win.

Also it is warm here, I think I have found a new 'FB' and my flat isn't leaking or too hot.

'FireKnife'

The problem with more power is it uses more power. Honestly, for a pip boy style thing, you'd be fine with a bog standard RPi board. I'm only interested in the hummingboard because more RAM means it'll handle some graphics intensive stuff on XBMC better, plus it has proper powered USB sockets so you don't need a powered hub.

Mike: Also, that Udoo is hella expensive.

Hella expensive? Excuse you? A quad-core version goes for just $30 more than the most advanced Hummingboard (that has 2 cores), and the difference between dual-core versions is, uh, ten bucks? Sure, Udoo is taking the with the price of accessories, and, more importantly, withholding info that would allow people to cobble replacements together easily, but c'mon...

Also, looking at all that stuff I think I need to learn programming, if only to know what to do with all those Arduino gadgets and/or a Razzie Pi.

Happy?

Bought a watch second hand on fleabay, it arrived not working properly. Contacted the seller expecting a fight, but got a refund immediately.

And, looked at the watch, took it to bits, fixed a tiny spring and it works fine now.

Free!

Err, I wasn't sure what a pipboy was either...

Eh maybe it is just the people I have encountered on my travels :P.

Also I am happy as the weather is good and my trip to Edinburgh is going to be filled with fun things to do.

Plus getting new tyres on my car and fixing some redundant plastic shielding part was dirt cheap so happy about that too.

'FireKnife'

Yes but you have a child, wife and house.

Think of us poor souls with no girlfriend, no house to repair and no child. What are we supposed to do with our spare time :D

'FireKnife'

I'm so jealous :(

(only joking!)

Scorch, I don't envy you, I *fruitcage* hate moving house!

Haha, I would rather a GF and house myself. Kids can wait until another ten years.

As for moving I actually like moving. I don't know why but I like that kind of moving around and always travelling for work lifestyle. Hence why I took this job as there is the possibility of such travel in the near future.

'FireKnife'

Archived