Beta Projects- GBB Masada/ACR

Banshee_Will

I'd be pessimistic about the trigger groups parts being WA compatible, not that it wouldn't be nice and I hope it does happen, just not the sort of useful feature you ever get in airsoft designs for rifles.

I guess I'm fairly lucky in the sense of already owning the PTS ACR and a load of WA mags, but I gurantee that shops will start selling 'custom' GBBr ACRs within a few weeks. It just makes sense because the substantial demand is already there and then they can sell the 5.56 AEG lowers off seperately. Not sure if said lowers are available by themselves from PTS yet, but it doesn't really matter too much if they are, and if they're not then there's good money to be made from AKM users.

Ok, I kept my paper-weight Masada because it was a unique gun and because PTS said they would release AK lowers, 18" barrels, and GBBr kits. Needless to say, the price of this kit is the second to last nail in the coffin for it. If it doesn't preform beautifully next time i use it, it's gone.

I'd be pessimistic about the trigger groups parts being WA compatible, not that it wouldn't be nice and I hope it does happen, just not the sort of useful feature you ever get in airsoft designs for rifles.

why wouldn't they? not only would it be realistic, it would shave an incredible load of research time and time manufacturing new parts, the latter being a no brainer for any chinese airsoft manufacturer.

The hop up chamber looks to be plastic, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. However, using a plastic WA type nozzle and a metal side lock plate... Or maybe they intentionally made the recoil weak so the nozzle wouldn't break at that region. :rolleyes:

The hop unit is entirely built in to the QD barrel assembly, the block that contains the hop arm/nub in the AEG will purely act as a mount for the barrel now. The hop adjustment will be accessed by removing the handguard (as with the standard WA hop) rather than through the ejection opening.

My friend installed the kit this morning and says that it works very well and was extremely easy to install. The only thing that he's disappointed with is that there isn't much recoil. He said that the recoil is only a little stronger than a KWA MP7, which isn't very impressive. Though he says it's now his favorite gun which is a positive for the setup.

A friend of mine just got the kit as well, i helped him install it. we only had a leaky AGM mag to test with so i doubt the performance will stay this way, but it was ok. the kick was harder on this one than the one Akira had seen, similar to a WE PDW id say, but the bolt moved slowly. shot about 500 RPM on FA. i think with some usage it will get faster though as the bolt travel in my friends was a little rough in the last 3rd of the movement back along with being used with a *suitcasey* mag.

More feedback on the system after my first outing.

Stock hop-up stinks. It is fully WA compatible. The bolt is showing wear quickly and now only catches about half the time on empty magazines.

The hammer came from the factory off-axis by a few degrees and is causing uneven wear on the bolt.

Multiple other minor issues that need attention.

Does anyone know a way to contact Beta Project Directly to address these issues and get spare parts for both the ACR and their PMAGs?

Archived