5KU M4 Hop Up

Kalashnikov_kid

Maybe these 5KU are better quality than the prowin...? just kidding :bleh: for the price difference I would get the prowin chamber, but I think that the more brands, the better, then its the buyer duty to make the research before the purchase and vote with his wallet :)

Heh, that would be the day wouldn't it!? XD

I forgot that EBB has 'free shipping' (I live in HK, so I'm not familiar with shipping....). Though can anyone tell me how much will the ProWin at RW really cost with an included average shipping price? I doubt the ProWin will cost a lot more total than the 5KU one....

ProWin chamber is total $37.30 shipped to the US (east coast), and $43.30 shipped to the UK or currently GBP28.18, according to XE's UCC. ('Course, all of that ceases to be relevant the second you start buying more than a single item at a time from RW.)

Ah right, so if you're just planning to buy the hop up itself the 5KU from EBB is substantially cheaper :P Though of course you'll water down the shipping costs somewhat when you start grouping stuff together, so I guess it's not fair to compare the RW price with the EBB price.

Didn't show in "View new content" at all, so thanks for pointing that out :)

The forum's got issues ever since it changed to the new layout :P I have to do my 'new content' browse manually now, its quite annoying :(

Though I sometimes find threads that wouldn't have been on my radar with the automated notices to my email account.... :P

I figured 5KU would release their variant of this. Seems they have every other CNC'd hop unit at HK shops.

At least this gives people an alternative when the Pro-Win isn't in stock. When ordering my second unit, I tried eHobby and WGC Shop before finally settling on RedWolf since they seemed to be the only store that had it in stock.

-Ex

I'm glad more manufacturers are joining this bandwagon. Finally a trend that actually seeks to improve performance. *fingers crossed to see R-hop commericialization trend after the REAPS fail*

But yeah, milled aluminum rotary chambers are the way to go. Should be standard on all AEGs IMO. VFC is already making it standard (but in a plastic version). Hopefully G&P get their act together and starts making it standard in their new offerings too.

I would have bought one for evaluation if it was different in ANY way from the same-priced, current production, easy-to-find ProWin chamber. Knockoffs like this are more likely to hinder progress--why risk developing and manufacturing an innovative airsoft product if it's going to be cloned so quickly?

Clones and originals all have their market and customers, some people wont buy a cyma or dboys if they can buy a VFC or G&P, with upgrade parts its the same, some people will allways buy systema/madbull/guarder/prowin/ instead of element or 5KU.

IBMedic, why you say REAPs was a fail? in the news thread people confirmed they got a noticeable gain in performance just after installation both in pistols and AEGs, even with the bucking not settled or broken in with lighter BBs than recommended

Clones and originals all have their market and customers, some people wont buy a cyma or dboys if they can buy a VFC or G&P, with upgrade parts its the same, some people will allways buy systema/madbull/guarder/prowin/ instead of element or 5KU.

IBMedic, why you say REAPs was a fail? in the news thread people confirmed they got a noticeable gain in performance just after installation both in pistols and AEGs, even with the bucking not settled or broken in with lighter BBs than recommended

Really?

Well from my own experience with a professionally installed unit in my AEG the result was extremely inconsistent FPS. I didn't even bother with an accuracy test because a stable FPS is pretty much a pre-requisite for accuracy.

From others who have installed one in their AEGs the common sentiment seems to be that it drops the FPS and at best it's as good as a normal hopup. The few that have been installed in pistols have reported better results. I have not heard of results from GBBR or sniper rifles.

I use flat hop mods in my AEG so I wont be buying this anytime soon, Im just a messenger bringing the news from the thread of the reaps bucking as there is no thread with aproper performance review, but the opinions writen in the former thread were satisfactory and from veteran fellow players, maybe you got a lemon.

Back on topic, time to wait and see if someone can make a comparison of both chambers

I currently have three of the Prowin M4 chambers, all with flat hop mods; the nub area and window needed to be enlarged but it was easy with the right bit. As for the REAPS, anything positive I've read about them was in reference to the GBB/VSR versions. I tried the AEG model, and it wasn't any good.

My current favorites are the X-Hightech buckings, shaved down and made into flat hops with the conveniently included FF buffer rubber clone (an example of a useful knockoff of a pricey and difficult to find product).

I got the nicest results using a really narrow cylindrical diamond bit; I don't recall the brand but I think it was in a three pack of diamond coated bits at Lowes. It's about half the diameter of the Dremel shaft, so you can square off the corners of the window without tearing up the sides.

Archived