New TM Stuff

FireKnife

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/event/hobbyshow/201210/

Yep, well what have we got here then?

Looks like a MP5 (possibly a HC, or perhaps, *gasp*, a GBB SMG).

Possibly a 416 or 417.

A Chrome / Stainless Series 70 (#fap#).

A possible Elite P226 or even a X-5, depending on the rest of it.

Well I must say I am happy about the Series 70 and the P226 with nice bits. The MP5, not sure as if it is a HC (but they already make a HC) then meh, if it is a GBB or EBB oh hell to the *fruitcage*-ing yes. Finally the 416/417, meh many of them about, but if it is a recoil model it will be cool.

All I know is that Series 70 Stainless will be mine, but one question TM, were is my MP7 GBB?

'FireKnife'

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I take it the series 70 is now on your shopping list?

If the P226 looks good that may be on mine, looks like it may have a silver slide though and Ive never been impressed with their stainless/chrome pistols (the line "nickel plated sissy pistol" springs to mind). Its definitely a Sig from the design of the slide and placement of the de-cocker.

The 416, I guess to some another option is welcome, especially if it offers something the others can't.

With the MP5 Im betting its a recoil, could be gas. If it is gas (or even an AEG) I would rather they used a little imagination and made a 9mm UMP.

So I take it the series 70 is now on your shopping list?

If the P226 looks good that may be on mine, looks like it may have a silver slide though and Ive never been impressed with their stainless/chrome pistols (the line "nickel plated sissy pistol" springs to mind). Its definitely a Sig from the design of the slide and placement of the de-cocker.

Yes as TM do about the best mirror effect chrome paint I have seen in a while. The P226 would be good to see though, depends how they go about it as you can get a few match style P226 models.

'FireKnife'

I just really hope the Mp5 is a GBB. Doubt it, but hopefully. Strikes me that it'd be tricky to fit a decent AEG recoil mech in an Mp5...

A lot of us didn't expect the MP7 to be a GBB either but it turned out to be one, so there is some hope, if it does turn out to be a GBB I suspect my monies will be belonging to TM, the externals won't be as nice as the VFC but it'll thrash it in terms of performance and reliability I'm sure.

Both of those have been around since at least the 2001 catalogue I have somewhere.

They just improve the finish and re-release the gun again.

Far from accurate and not true :P

Those NBBs were around in 1991 (they're shown in the classic Marui Man video), they're being released as new because they now actually have hopup.

I have the old 1991 spec AMT Hardballer NBB and it's actually very good for a £45 NBB, even without hopup it is very accurate on the TM .25s and the range is pretty decent too, good enough to skirmish with and get some hits ;)

I bought one for a tenner in 2000, and fuelled it with Lynx deodarant, because I couldn't afford gas and didn't really know anything about anything. Surprisingly effective.

But wouldnt that attract women to all you hit?

You see a GBB MP5 from TM would work and be awesome unlike the damn VFC MP5!

Indeed it will, although I wonder what the lead times on these will be seeming we are still waiting on the last models they teased!

Odd, got one to shoot back in 2006 and swear it had a hop up system, it was useless but it appeared to have one, fixed mind you :P

Still why they bother I am not sure, can't be great sellers? Then again I have heard the PPK Gindan gun sold well so maybe they have a younger market to hint at?

'FireKnife'

Odd, got one to shoot back in 2006 and swear it had a hop up system, it was useless but it appeared to have one, fixed mind you :P

Not exactly reliable info then :P The range of them without hopup is suprising, and they definately didn't have hopup in 2006.

The fact they've been on sale and in production since 1991 would indicate they do sell well enough and it probably wasn't a huge job for them to retrofit a simple hopup system into them.

Archived