GHK AK 105

RacingManiac

Well you know its coming...

http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-124187-1-1.html

105hdy.jpg

1052gi.jpg

1053d.jpg

1054k.jpg

The thread did not disclose too much info. Its out in Taiwan on Oct 25. Supposedly for now its limited availability(one poster mentioned its limited to 200 pieces for this year). The 2nd pic showed whats made of steel(or at least ferrous...). The difference to AKM in that respect seems to be recoil spring guide and trigger.

Hmm when are they going to release all the other AK version that LCT has to offer?

GHK got:

AKM

AKMS

AKMSU

AIMS

AKS74U

AK105

Offered by LCT:

AK74

AK74N

AK74MN

RPK

G03/G04 (I would perfer if they actually make a complete Galil instead of 1/4 Galil 3/4 AK)

Hopefully they've decided to make sturdy internals as well, instead of the pot metal junk that was in the AKM's. Just seems silly to make steel externals, then skimp on the internal parts that are taking all the abuse.

Best,

Andy

While that is true, the internal breakage reported by users in Taiwan with the GHK is much lower than that of the WEs....triggers seems to be the most common part, and that is now steel....

I've found the auto sear to be the most broken part. Never seen any issues with the triggers. Out of the 4 AKM users here in central Iowa, all 4 (mine included) have had their auto sear break. I found a real AK auto sear was modifiable to fit in their, but it took a good bit of work.

On top of that, after a good bit of use, the two-part selector strips out. I don't understand why they chose to use a two piece selector like on TM-style AK's, when they could have easily used a 1-piece.

Although the parts breakage is less than on the WE's, it's still enough to pose a fairly significant issue IMO!

Best,

Andy

Hopefully they've decided to make sturdy internals as well, instead of the pot metal junk that was in the AKM's. Just seems silly to make steel externals, then skimp on the internal parts that are taking all the abuse.

Best,

Andy

External is LCT not GHK hence the reason why the quality differs

• 3 weeks later...

I'm aware that experiences regarding reliability will differ from user to user, but I can add that I've not had a single issue with any of the internals of my GHK AKM ever since the initial break-in, and it's now been running smoothly as my primary gun that I've used on every single game I've been to this year. So far, I can see no worrying signs of wear. Plus, what's nice about the GHK series is that you can basically order every single part from Samoon for prices partly in the low one-figure dollar range. Even if something were to break soon now, if all I have to do is replace some really affordable OEM components once a year on a gun used that much then that translates to an actually quite outstanding reliability in the airsoft world. : )

I'm also hesitant about using custom steel internals, as I'd imagine they could potentially chew up some of the more expensive weaker components, like the bolt carrier group.

Andyjp, I'm assuming since you're saying the four models you were referring to ar AKMS, they're all of the new (post dboys) generation? Do you have any pictures of the broken part, by chance?

• 2 weeks later...

(...) I can add that I've not had a single issue with any of the internals of my GHK AKM ever since the initial break-in (...)

Aaaaand I spoke to soon. After the first shot I've fired since having written my last post, the same part that Andyjp was talking about, the auto sear, has broken - go figure ^^.

I wonder why Samoon is offering a steel trigger and no steel sears. Getting a real one and modifying it is kinda out of the question here - at least I wouldn't know where to buy them in Europe.

I have a GHK AKM that does not get very much use. I would like to keep it working though. Does anyone have a list of components that should keep it from breaking?

Well, I carry almost one of everything around since all the OEM components are so cheap anyway. But, for a more reasonable list, I'd go with:

• Magazine lips: It is possible to accidentally lock in the magazine with the lips in the front instead of the notch you're supposed to lock them in with. Hammering the magazine out will likely break the plastic lips if you don't take your time. It happened to me during a night game already.
  • Disconnector: As you can read above, it broke for me and Andyjp also mentioned it broke for every other GHK AKM owner he knows. I contacted Samoon and they replied that they do not plan to make a steel version of this part for now. I've looked at pictures of real ones though and I'm very positive you can modify one to fit (as Andyjp did, apparently) if you don't want to wait for the OEM part to break.
  • Hop-Up unit and nozzle: Those are the two main plastic components slamming into each other. There are metal versions of both, but so far I've heard a couple of negative reports regarding those, so I'd advise you to stick with the OEM parts. I've personally never had any issue with these parts and both still look like new after a year of extensive playing, but I've seen photos of chipped hop-up units. (One more bit of info on this: These hop-up unit and nozzle breakages were almost exclusively caused by misfeeds due to too tight magazine feeding lips. When I bought my GHK AKM, the magazine lips were so tight that I couldn't fire a single shot without a misfeed. I had to trim all the magazine lips down a bit to even be able to load a BB without having to use a lot of force. Since this is a common issue with the GHK AK series, there are tutorial videos on how to do this, but it could well be that they fixed that by now - I bought mine over a year ago. Ever since the fix, I have not had any feeding issues and consequentially also no issues with my hop-up unit and nozzle.)
  • Recoil spring mount (the part used as a button to remove the top cover): Get the Samoon steel version of this part. If you slam down on the button to reinstall the cover one too many times, the OEM pot metal one can snap. Do this change especially if you plan to fire your gun without the top cover installed.

Hetzer.....please clarify, do you mean "disconnector" or "auto-sear" that is prone to breakage.

AndyJP...Also what part of the selector "strips out"? Does the square/rectangle cut out on the lever rounds out? thank you.

Oh, sorry about the mix-up; I forgot to clarify: In my first post about the broken component in my GHK AKM, assuming that the broken component would be the same as the one that broke on Andyjp's AK, I actually named the part incorrectly. It wasn't the auto sear but the disconnector that broke. It's the part on the right in this picture:

ghk_pt_gkm_1201_l.jpg

Andyjp, could you confirm it was the auto sear and not the disconnector that broke on your gun?

Recoil seems better than the AKM.

That seems unlikely; as far as I know both guns are using a completely identical bolt assembly, save for maybe a shorter gas rod, if (!) the gas tube on the AK105 is shorter. Am I wrong?

That seems unlikely; as far as I know both guns are using a completely identical bolt assembly, save for maybe a shorter gas rod, if (!) the gas tube on the AK105 is shorter. Am I wrong?

Anecdotally the newer AK74 style mag seems to have better performance than the steel AK47 mag. The gun seem snappier when I run with it on the AKM...

Anecdotally the newer AK74 style mag seems to have better performance than the steel AK47 mag. The gun seem snappier when I run with it on the AKM...

yes, I tried the same and agree. Also Samoon posted new "high muzzle velocity" and "high rpm" bolts. AND I'm hoping gas GHK/LCT Vintorez some where down the line.

Well, in the videos they're using the standard gas piston and green gas anyway. If you want recoil (which you should!), than I'd go for the heavy Samoon gas rod and stiffened spring and CO2 magazines anyway. I've fired the GHK AKM both with a regular gas piston and green gas and with the Samoon kit and CO2 mags (which is my setup) and the difference is considerable.

That observation about the different performance with 5.45mm mags is interesting though. Maybe they changed the valve? You can try getting an Action High Flow Valve for your regular 7.62mm mags to see if that does the trick. Too bad they're not planning on bringing out the CO2 5.45mm mags for the AK74/105 crowd. :/

I wonder what for Samoon released that high muzzle velocity nozzle though. With a 6.03mm barrel, the AKM already clocks in at 550fps with CO2 and 480fps with green gas. I had to swap the vanilla nozzle for an adjustable one to get the gun down to levels allowing me to play at most fields. I wonder what you'd need even more muzzle velocity for... ^^

• 4 months later...

NECROPOST

Was meant to post a review on both my AKS74U and AK105... but havne't got around due to laziness... (the fact that I bought one after the other shortly after probably shows something), but this video kinda shows why I think this platform is the best performing GBB platform that is currently out there. 

4:40 translation "reflex sight has been disabled from the recoil, full magazine "blind" fire"

• 2 weeks later...

NECROPOST

Was meant to post a review on both my AKS74U and AK105... but havne't got around due to laziness... (the fact that I bought one after the other shortly after probably shows something), but this video kinda shows why I think this platform is the best performing GBB platform that is currently out there. 

4:40 translation "reflex sight has been disabled from the recoil, full magazine "blind" fire"

Exellent video!

Do you have some enchanced recoil kit (samoon, ra tech, hephaustus) installed on your GHK AK105?

Looking forward to get ak-105, but dont know which of those kits to choose )

Archived