WE SCAR-H GBB/Katana system

MRF

Had Google go over it:

Always true to himself, James cultivates waiting around for new models WE Airsoft replicas presenting us in development. Of heavy ajourd'hui with photos of a prototype 7.62 SCAR-H version Katana - new mechanism AEG brand. But that's not all, James also announced via a Facebook comment (sic) a version GBB-R is also planned. There is more to wait ...

Also, for anyone not familiar with WE and Katana (as I was not) it refers to a split type gearbox. :)

WE are on a roll - somebody stop them!

WE are on fire - someone call the fire derpartment!

WE are killing it - somebody call the cops!

etc. etc....

Me gusta ! :D

More stuff from WE in 2 months than rest of the airsoft industry combined.

I was extremely excited about all this...

EXCEPT it's a SCAR-H, not L... Means I have to bring a different set of mags to a skirmish... and pouches too...

However, there is one BIG advantage to using the katana system in a SCAR rather than a AR, the SCAR's upper and lower mate without the support of the gearbox in anyway. The big problem with the katana AR is that the rear pin only holds the cylinder, it doesn't touch the actual receiver. This pretty much guarantees you will have significant receiver wobble.

But WE does a very nice job with their polymers and aluminum milling, so I am quite excited about this release. And unlike Marui, I don't have to wait till I'm old and married before getting it.

Who said we're are not doing a G36 Katana...?

WE-Airsoft-SCAR-H-Katana-GBB-Facebook.jpg

TBH, Im not excited in the slightest about the M4 Katana system, I already own an ICS m4, but if they start releasing V2 guns with it, thats a different story, G36, G3 SG1, MP5... I might even start thinking they have improved :lol:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is so cool about the Katana systema? Is it like the PTW gearboxes, where you can change the cylinder in no-time?

On topic: I was going to get a Dboys Scar H this week, and I was looking for a GBBR with strong recoil, not going to use it in games (I'd rather spend my money on new guns, than on extra gas magazines). The WE Scarr H might actually fill both roles. Hope it's in the 300 $ range.

NonEx, no it wasnt me, I just took it from the link attached to the news. And please, I can do better with PS than just blur it a bit... :lol:

Chas, as far as I know, this katana system is like a different approach to ICS split gearbox with fancy colored cilinders to imitate the PTW style. Nothing new, just they making it into different guns (and fast release rate) is what is more exciting. Now Im back to thinking about getting the ICS MP5 pro or wait and see if they will release an MP5 with this new system... :(

Personally, I cant see this katana system as a "PTW-like" well, just the cilinder feature, I prefer to think it is more like a different approach to ICS system, which I would to see in more different guns like this SCAR, G36 or other V2 guns, not because its revolutionary or anything, just because this makes maintenance and general tinkering easier and less hassel-ish

• 1 month later...

Take note that chinese new year is almost here and will be almost a month of doing nothing at all, if we are lucky, some pics will surface from the toy fair before the shot show, and if we are uber lucky, they may go to the shot show, but I dont think they want to clash with cyberscum and the likes :lol:

so yes. as ollie said. patience :)

Archived