New EXPS clone

MRF

I guess many of You, just like me, always wanted Eotech replica, but externaly executed to look like real one.

So far any single Eo clone from China was made with some flaws, and inaccuracies - wrong fonts, wrong spelling, no logo, wrong hood shape, wrong QD mounts, wroooooong colour (DE variants). That should be the full list ;).

And suddenly, I saw this. ;)

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=5930

Now, just give me DE version with the same color as OPMOD clones !

Enjoy. (or not) ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Externally looks good, but I wonder how usable it really is. Im too used to 5 brightness levels which are unusable in bright daylight

Perhaps it depends on batch.

I bought OPMOD clone 2 months ago, and honestly it's very comfortable in use, despite slight ghosting.

Being ACM depends on too many factors, not only batches, Thats why I try to buy sights with 11 brightness levels, they have more chances to be usable OOTB, but I will see if my theory is right when mailing systems decides to drop my package...

Why is it so hard for ACM companies or shops to sell bright sights? we dont expect them to surpass aimpoint or eotech, just something like the hurricane sight, not amazing, but usable to some extent

@Isamu

Actually I've been a little surprised by comment about 5 level brightness adjustment and I've finally just checked it. It seems that stores often don't know what exactly they sell. My OPMOD clone is described as "5 Levels Brightness Control Red - 5 Levels Brightness Control Green" what's entirely not right because clearly, my unit has 19 (!) different levels of brightness for each display color.

I bought one of those new yesterday - I should receive it by next thursday top, and I will post how it really performs.

Yup - that's the one. As You wrote about newest edition, this one - older - has slight ghosting in green mode too. And as You can see it has 20 brightness degrees - well, 19 in fact but still that's correct. Most likely that shootercbgear description suffers from "copy/paste" disease ;).

Edit: Unfortunately the new I bought still hasn't left HK, so I'm afraid I won't be able to provide any brief review earlier than next week.

On the other hand the FDE still isn't quite right. Ya can't go wrong with black though.

Weeeell... I don't own (obviously) any RS DE Eo, but actually I believe that color on two last EXPS clone editions is quite right IMHO. Every time I look on pictures of original, they usually appear very goldish, or very dark. Clones does the same in different light conditions.

Thanks mate! ghosting is not an Issue as I dont like green reticles, so I may be buying the last one I posted as you and the shop define it as 19 brightness levels, so i expect it to be usable in bright days (yes, I have an obsession :lol: ) now my second obsession, parallax free? :bleh:

Thanks for your patience :)

Alright.

So, I have it, but soon I won't, because they sent me the one with broken front glass - but that's another story, I've already settled solution with store owner.

This time there won't be any pics, because I have it prepared for sending back, but what can I tell You about those new clones:

- externally - the BEST chineese Eo replica this far. Mount is also very well replicated, seems to work exactly like real one and it's easy to adjust on rail, sharp markings

- internally - very nice, sharp T-dot reticle, vertical and horizontal adjustment, typically - slight ghosting on green mode, but still less comparing to my DE unit from previous OPMOD edition. I didn't notice any optical issues.

My veridict ? Grab one, or even two in both colors ;)

Just ensure You asked store staff about checking if it's OK before they put it into package - perhaps it will help You to avid complication I'm running through now ;).

Now I'm going to order DE version.

Archived