New EXPS clone

MRF

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats great to hear mate! Seems like I will be getting one for my MP5 build :)

EDIT: Forgot to ask, Do you use any lens protector? looking for one, but I only find the ugly meshes or the sight deforming transparent ones =S

I think the GunsModify ones have a clear, undeformed sight picture. However, they are slightly teal in tint :P

The Element one I have also slightly deforms the sight picture in front of the dot (the dot remains okay)...not a dealbreaker for CQB but I suppose it gets distracting when you're shooting out to long ranges with the dot sight....which is further worsened if you run those 3x magnifiers (but those replicas suck anyway :P)

They made a test at their site and the gunsmodify lens seems to not deform the view, at least not as exageratedly as the Element one :lol: WGC has them out of stock until 30 of november, or so they say in their webshop, as soon as they get them back Im getting a couple for my incoming XPS2 clones... well, one is coming, the other one will be as soon as I buy the (censored) MP5 :lol:

I just took a piece of some thin poliester (0,5 mm) and cut it to the shape. It doesn't deform the view at all, but of course is rather disposable ;). And I don't know how it works with magnifiers.

Some "historical" pic, because I don't own this one anymore ;):

8213420519_3e9e2aed3d_b.jpg

I dont think a BB hit can transfer enough force to break the lens behind the DIY protector, it is more probable that the protector will jump of its place due to the hit. To be honest, im more worried about the protector staying in place without any "wings", just by friction...

I've been waiting for this. I was using the OPMOD replica on my MK18, but it never really did it for me. I always wanted the side buttons in the correct spot and the mount to be correct. Seems my wish has been granted.

The next thing to fix is the oversized battery compartment screw.

I ordered mine last night from ShooterCBgear. Super excited.

-Ex

You forgot that little link attached between hood and battery screw ;).

But honestly, I don't think we can get any closer to original - I'm fine with this level of accuracy in detail reproduction ;).

Edit: Did I mentioned the buttons work a bit loose ?

• 2 weeks later...

im sorry for the double post, just wanted to post impressions on the "old gen OPMOD" model, I just recieved it and im quite happy with it, I have to test it in the field though, but its promissing and if the new one I ordered is really an improvement as has been said here, the sight is just a bargain.

BTW: I just added an orange Oring to the battery screw, not for waterproofing at all, it just looks fashionable :)

I guess many of You, just like me, always wanted Eotech replica, but externaly executed to look like real one.

So far any single Eo clone from China was made with some flaws, and inaccuracies - wrong fonts, wrong spelling, no logo, wrong hood shape, wrong QD mounts, wroooooong colour (DE variants). That should be the full list ;).

And suddenly, I saw this. ;)

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=5930

Now, just give me DE version with the same color as OPMOD clones !

Enjoy. (or not) ;)

Just to confirm: does the linked EXPS have 20 brightness level or 5?

Well, it varies :D.

From 19 to 20. I don't know what the heck is ther reason of that, but I had one OPMOD edition, and two newest edition EXPS clones in my hands. OPMOD had 19, black EXPS had 20, and my current DE unit has 19 brightness levels.
LOL

Archived