ICS G33 (G36)

FireKnife

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/ICS-G33-Compact-Assault-Rifle-ics233.html#.ULim1IbEU-M

That actually looks pretty nice, maybe take the rails off the sides, but other than that it is a nice looking gun to my mind.

Was this even in the news? Or even noted that a UK store had it?

By the way if you want to complain about the non-descriptive title, it made you look to see what it was didn't it. :P.

Oh and what is that I see, it takes M4 mags, winning.

'FireKnife'

It's a bit of a weird one, ICS do seem to be going down a mix of the realistic and '-a-like' route. I'm not sure if it can take regular G36 style stocks and the hop unit is different to the norm but this seems to be done to facilitate feeding direct from stanag mags.

I think once I know what parts are proprietary and what can be changed for G36 parts I'd be a bit more taken to it, would be interesting to see if they try to do a full family of e.g. G33C, G33K etc.

It is supposed to be based on a real design, the sporting version of the G36 for civis, but I can't find much info on this at all.

But to be honest as it goes it isn't that bad for a M4 mag taking G36 with the rails that people love so much. The stock could be a bit less 2025 but that is by the by and most likely can be changed.

You can get a G36c it looking like this from H&K:

53261411.png

So it could just be that with bits, simple as that?

'FireKnife'

Well the above pic came from the H&K page.

But I can't find anything about this phantom MK36 that LWA claim it is based on?

And as cazboab said it isn't a HK33, or even better a HK53. But then I still like the odd things about it.

And who changed my title? :P

The stock is just plain poo and looks like it was designed by a COD kid, and the unnecessary detailing on the handguard rail looks silly as well.

Why not just make a G36 that looks exactly like the one in the picture FK posted? That looks like a G36C with a nice rail system, not like a G36C that ICS have handed over to a bunch of 10 year olds to draw cool lines on before making it.

I dunno, I just figure guns that are 'made up' may as well be paintball markers.

Swap the stock for a G36 original one.

Stick in a normal M4 mag or one of those Magpul jobs.

Take of the extra side rails that you don't need.

Not that bad then, the textured pistol grip would help, the different grip and the fact it is a full rail on the top for a lot of options isn't that bad for some. It just feels like it needs work though, but could be made decent. Plus as well as feed from common mags it retains the paddle release like the original G36 design.

I dunno, I just figure guns that are 'made up' may as well be paintball markers.

True when you get into Thundermaul territory but this not beyond work :P.

I just thought 'hey it is something that isn't a M4 but takes its mags, shame about the stock but otherwise nice try'. Plus as Rob15 points out we do have Umarex to thank for strangling the frig out of having official shaped guns with official trades. <_<

'FireKnife'

The stock is just plain poo and looks like it was designed by a COD kid

Trust me it looks a LOT worse on the god awful MP5 'thing' they've released. It looks not too bad on this FAR too much surface texturing perhaps. At least the pistol grip doesn't look like it's wearing a gimp suit like the MP5's does.

• 3 weeks later...

I find it amazing that ICS can always manage to come up with the WORST ideas in Airsoft.  As if those frankenstein MP5 or MXP or whatever they were weren't bad enough...

And now they have an AEG M1 Garand... talk about a complete mismatch of player base.  No one who is re-enactor/cosplay loony enough to bring a Garand to a skirmish would want it to be AEG.  That crowd of player is strictly GBB.  The only reason the SVDs worked cause they were pitched as a DMR shooting a speed too hot for full auto, so the limited mag capacity would not be a huge issue.

No one who is re-enactor/cosplay loony enough to bring a Garand to a skirmish would want it to be AEG.  That crowd of player is strictly GBB.

I don't know were you got that impression, considering how many M1s made from M14 AEGs have shown up.

Archived