UKARA SELF CHECK!

Im going space

So what about us that don't use UKARA due to issues with the system / how it is run?

What options do we have (I have covered my bases, some though haven't)?

Still when it works it will be a help, quite why the UKARA database website hasn't had a working version of this since day one I don't know. Though could this not just be used to check someone elses too if they give you the information needed?

'FireKnife'

This is utterly useless for second hand sales. It doesn't provide confirmation of somebody else's status, just that there is info stored about them on the database. As such it can't be used to provide proof for second hand sales. The info you enter (email address + site ID) sends a fantastically detailed email to the person who matches those details, so if you enter my email (removed) and my ID (GZA00682) I will receive an email with my status, and all you will get is a message that there is info stored about me, but they will not provide enough for it to be used as a way of checking someone's defence. (Feel free to check with my details by the way, I know they work fine, and don't massively mind getting a bunch of emails)

It's great if you want to check your own registration, but for anything else, it's as useful as a square wheel.

So either:

If you know the template a forgery can be made.

Or

It could tell you that the person is on the database, but not if they have active UKARA, meaning you could be selling to someone that has had theirs expire?

So by that logic I could put my own name and such in and see what it says about me, even though due to problems mine still comes up as expired?

EDIT: Ok so according to that I am 'not found', but I would have thought if it expired then details would be kept on for you to renew it?

'FireKnife'

Archived