ICS M1 Garand (AEG)

TheFull9

This was first seen at SHOT way back at the start of this year but since then I've not seen hide nor hair of the rifle, all of a sudden it's up for pre-order:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=special&item=ICS-AEG-M1G&search=special&rs=New%20Release&catid=&cat=

ics_aeg_m1g_l.jpg

If you scroll right down to the bottom of the WGC page you'll see a link to a pdf that goes in to great length of detail with regards to the internals, as well as some nice shots of the real wood stock.

On the one hand I wish there was a reliable GBB Garand out there and readily available for the replication of that 'Ping' we all know and love, but on the other hand I've always loved the design and far prefer it to an M14 even though they are very similar.  No doubt some will whinge it's 'just a normal AEG', but I think this rifle is going to be eminently practical for skirmishing and personally that's what I've been wanting to see for many years now.  The gearbox looks top notch, 42 rounds in the magazine sounds great to me for this type of weapon and the stock should be a real pleasure to get hands on with.  Given the quality and the R&D that looks to have gone in to it I think the price is perfectly palatable.

Assuming it's locked to semi auto only (seems to be) the FPS should be perfectly fine for woodland sites in the UK.  If you're wanting to play CQB with a Garand.. well I think you're a fairly niche market and a spring swap isn't an unreasonable amount of work.

In before the OCD purists - Will a tacticool stock come out?  Maybe, I've not seen one for the RS which limits the chances, but if one does I'm going to buy it and post massive pictures of it everywhere I can, specially for you.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In before the OCD purists - Will a tacticool stock come out?  Maybe, I've not seen one for the RS which limits the chances, but if one does I'm going to buy it and post massive pictures of it everywhere I can, specially for you.

I'm pretty sure you could modify an M14 scout mount and get a T-1 on it. I'd personally chip in a fiver to see that.

Price is not as high as I expected to be, here in spain it was posted for preorder some weeks ago and it costs about 500€plus postage

Nice gun for reenactors, but a bit hot for rifleman role for these parts of the world, nothing a sparing change wont solve, but I wish that for that price, a QD spring  system was adopted, as it is not rocket science and it is even been added to spare gear sets in HK shops

Im sorry to be "that one", but, isnt the M14 a somehow tactic00liced version of the Garand? ;)

Im sorry to be "that one", but, isnt the M14 a somehow tactic00liced version of the Garand? ;)

I was about to say the same thing, citing why they had to reinvent the ver7 gearbox in the process. But seeing the pdf they've put in a pretty nifty feature in that you need to pull the charging handle back to open the bolt and reach the mag release which somewhat simulates the action of loading an en bloc clip.

edit:

Wait, no, I read that wrong. No idea how that mag pops off.

There's a Garand EBR stock out there somewhere. I remember seeing it.

I'm pretty sure you could modify an M14 scout mount and get a T-1 on it. I'd personally chip in a fiver to see that.

That's a good call, wonder how much (if any) of the existing M14 stuff might fit without too much effort..

Price is not as high as I expected to be, here in spain it was posted for preorder some weeks ago and it costs about 500€plus postage

Nice gun for reenactors, but a bit hot for rifleman role for these parts of the world, nothing a sparing change wont solve, but I wish that for that price, a QD spring  system was adopted, as it is not rocket science and it is even been added to spare gear sets in HK shops

Damn, that's like $650.  :blink:

I was hoping for a quick swap spring I have to agree, but it's not a deal breaker overall.

edit:

Wait, no, I read that wrong. No idea how that mag pops off.

I think you pull back on the cocking handle, push the magazine out from the top then press a new one in underneath.  Doesn't seem to be a catch/button to let it drop out, wish they'd gone in to a bit more detail since the features of the magazine system are a pretty big deal with a Garand replica.

At least the capacity is good for your average skirmish, the last details that came out regarding the G&G states 20 round mags which is pushing it a bit I think.

There's a Garand EBR stock out there somewhere. I remember seeing it.

Nice one, hope that shows up.

I wonder how well water transfer would take to wood...

Yeah, I wasn't being entirely serious on that one.

If they'd used wood-effect plastic or a plastic stock does come out after-market I'd definitely get it hydro dipped, I'd need to keep the original wood version though in order to be able to switch the looks.  I love the aesthetic of really old guns with super cutting-edge modern gear.

$400 is a lot, but its still the cheapest M1 by $200- even redwolf's Marushin 6mm with 21% off at the moment is $75 more and with a fifth of the ammo, and all the problems the gas M1s have had over the years. the thing I'd be concerned about though, the magazines look a fair bit bigger than an 8 round enblock, so they might not fit in a 1923 belt.

i.e. the art of bubba 

Over my head I'm afraid rc, google didn't help me either.

Looks like ICS made a video

Good shout, for some reason my googling only turned up an ancient promo short from Airsoft GI showing an early version from SHOT.

Also found a brief review on a chilean (I think) forum: http://www.a6m.cl/showthread.php?38785-Review-ICS-M1-GARAND-Espa%F1ol-ingl%E9s-World-First-Review-%28-56kb-WARNING%29

Aww I just watched the video, I'm disappointed they didn't make it so that you load the mags in the top, that would have been great! I guess that would also mean the bolt would have to lock to the rear on empty, probably a bit much to ask for an AEG.

I'll wait for a practical GBB version...

Oooh. Liking the quality of the wood there.....This looks like 2013's must have for me- my ICS M3 is a source of constant joy on the field so I don't expect this to be any different :)

Also- those mags are a bare $14.50, so I reckon I'll be able to fill my M56 pouches to the brim for that 'ARVN Advisor' loadout.

Use it as a prefix e.g. "bubba m1 garand" or "bubba sks". A word of warning to everyone else: to the uninitiated, viewing bubba'd guns can cause blindness like drinking 200 proof moonshine.

With a name like bubba, pink neon lights must be involved.

Archived