NonEx

Just in case anyone is looking for this and wants it, the WE F229 and F229R, aka. Sig Sauer P229 and P229R are now released. I myself prefer the looks of the F228, which I have, and love, but here is the more up-to-date and modern civ. version that is currently available in RS. 85 USD a pop, standard WE price which I think is pretty fair for what you get, almost too cheap, but as we all know WE does have some drawbacks, but I have to say the new gen WE pistols are really nice and cool ! :)

WE-GP-229-AG-1.jpg

WE-GP-229-R-AG-1.jpg

Official, WE F229 : http://www.wemodel.com.tw/EN/ugC_ShowroomItem_Detail.asp?hidShowKindID=4&hidShowTypeID=14&hidShowID=253

Official, WE F229R : http://www.wemodel.com.tw/EN/ugC_ShowroomItem_Detail.asp?hidShowKindID=4&hidShowTypeID=14&hidShowID=252

AirsoftGlobal WE F229 : http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51_297&products_id=16231

AirsoftGlobal WE F229R : http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51_297&products_id=16230

I hope they will release magazines for the 228 and 229 now :o

Is that a joke ? :0

The 228/229 series is the shorter and fatter (shorter in lenght and height, wider grip) brother of the P226. Forgive me if I offend you but I can't beleive you don't know this ? :o !

The P229 replaces the P228, which is now only available as the M11-A1 military model, not for sale to civ. Even though the differenses are subtle I find the P229 pretty ugly in comparison :|

Strange, just checked the Sig Sauer page and it appears they have changed/updated the slide design for the P229 to look like the P228, which was my biggest gripe with it (rail and trigger guard shape also puts me off, but the 229 is available without rail but still with the fugly slide...), however WE has made the "ugly" slide version P229 :P

Ie. the serrations at the back do not go all the way up.

P229-TT-detail-L.jpg

RS P229 retardo-slide, ugly it is...

WE F228, sexhay slide version.

WE-GP-0424-AG-1.jpg

Is that a joke ? :0

The 228/229 series is the shorter and fatter (shorter in lenght and height, wider grip) brother of the P226. Forgive me if I offend you but I can't beleive you don't know this ? :o !

Well... that's why I ask, I don't know and clearly you're a guy who likes handguns.  When I want a sidearm to skirmish I buy a TM and stick it in a holster, I don't have any real interest in pistols compared to rifles personally.  I follow the same philosophy as I do when it comes to real life; you fight with a rifle and focus primarily on the operation of said rifle, a pistol is something to use when *suitcase* goes south.  In my line of work, *suitcase* has gone very far south if I have to use my rifle in the first place, if I'm down to my pistol then everyone else is definitely dead.

I've also got two P226s and they work perfectly for me, so I never had any reason or motivation (airsoft or work wise) to look in the differences between the range of Sigs.  But anyway, thanks for the info, appreciated.  More models never hurts anybody, here's hoping WE continue to up their quality as they have been.

No offence CK but with the P229, along with the P226 and P228 supposedly being in use with a variety of the UK forces, both special and not so special I would have thought you would have know the difference?

It is like not knowing that the Glock 19 is just the compact Glock and the 26 is the sub-compact.

Just would have thought that is common knowledge is all :P.

As for the P229, if I wanted a rail-less compact SIG I would stick to the P228 that WE have out and if I wanted it in railed form then I would just go for the KJ Works which I have tried and found no issue with.

'FireKnife'

Luckily, this is airsoft and the suitcase going south is where the most fun is had. Do like my adrenaline bursts punctured by the blam blam of a good gas blow back pistol. I'm still not convinced on these new WE pistols though. I'm sure they are lovely out the box but do they have the staying power eight months to one year or even two years down the line?

No offence CK but with the P229, along with the P226 and P228 supposedly being in use with a variety of the UK forces, both special and not so special I would have thought you would have know the difference?

At Honington we've got lots of 226s and BHPs, that's it, sure there's a few others floating about the Army but it's really not a major concern to me. What we have where I am is tons and tons of ammo in every flavour under the sun and a lot more machine guns ranging from 556 to 40mm than we do pistols so I'm more involved with that kind of thing. Not even going in to the fact that small arms are really a hobby in the grand scheme of things, the more relevant thing is me knowing how to build a Paveway or load Brimstone to a Tornado, fit flares to a Herc etc.

Just would have thought that is common knowledge is all :P.

Bear in mind that your interests are primarily in handguns. As with anything in life, after you've been doing something for many years it's easy to forget that other people don't have the same knowledge set as you do (speaking generally here). What might be common knowledge to you isn't of interest to me, and vice versa.

I'm not on this forum to try and create an impression of knowing everything there is to know by only ever talking about things I'm already well versed in and never taking the risk of looking like a newbie, not to imply that others are. I could've gone on to world.guns first, come back here and posted 'oh yes, the Sig 80085, I know all about this.. copy-paste', but I'm really not fussed about how other people perceive my knowledge of guns I'm never realistically going to encounter outside of airsoft.

But anyway, this isn't a thread about Ejector seats or Stormshadows, so I'll leave it at that.

Luckily, this is airsoft and the suitcase going south is where the most fun is had. Do like my adrenaline bursts punctured by the blam blam of a good gas blow back pistol. I'm still not convinced on these new WE pistols though. I'm sure they are lovely out the box but do they have the staying power eight months to one year or even two years down the line?

This is the main thing people forget. It is all well and good having them fire out of the box for a hundred or so rounds but will they beat the reliability that some KWA / TM have shown after years of use? I might, UKARA, money and other things permitting put that to the test. One WE pistol, no upgrades, running it on weather appropriate gas (so mostly Green with some Ultra for the few warm days) and see if it can outlast my own private collection :P.

Just shortened it down to save quoting a huge post again...

True we all have what works for us and what we know. I mean if someone released a Beretta 92SB-C (why someone hasn't I don't know) and people put 'what the hell is that' I would think fair enough. At the end of the day pistols may be my forte but I always have a few that I kind of lump in to 'common knowledge', it would just appear that you fall outside those that I would assume share that knowledge and that my assumption was incorrect in the first place.Either way we do have what interests we have and expect others to know a bit more, like those that scoff at how easy a question is on a quiz only to find no-one else in the room actually knows the answer. Either way my apologize.

As for this gun my point still stands but I am sure someone out there will buy it, I just don't expect it to out sell something like the P228 or full size P226 by WE.

'FireKnife'

I know a little bit about 1911s and Glocks, but like I say the TM 226 line always suited my needs perfectly well so I've never paid much attention to the other Sigs.  Anyway, no offence taken from anybody, I get called much worse names on a daily basis in work.... Oh the jolly japes we have...

I like the look of the non-railed models and I have liked the 228 for a fair while (old-skool counter-strike) but they're not as easy to cater for in terms of tactical holsters vs the P226R.  I sort of wonder what WE's strategy is with a lot of their new sidearms, because I imagine the sort of people who really want a 229 vs a 228 are going to be big in to details and quality, but their pricing is aimed at the new players/budget end of the market.  As I said earlier I'm all for new models that are at least half decent from any company even if I wouldn't buy one myself, just find that aspect a little odd.

I guess WE are taking advantage of being the only reasonable choice of these models, because they are. That and the fact that WE is a volume business, they could very well add on another 50-100 USD and make far better products for the money, but that is not their business model I guess. Quantity over quality. I still find that WE pistols at 85-100 USD a piece is pretty fair with these new models so. But I guess everyone has to make their own decisions. I know I am happy with mine, for what I use them for (ie. fondling and plinking) :D

Doesn't the release of the 229 somewhat nullify the need to buy an expensive Prime (?) kit now for all the SIS/SAS afficiendos?  I might end up expanding my 'swiss box' (a shaped foam flight case I currently store my MP9 and 226 in)

But anyway, this isn't a thread about Ejector seats or Stormshadows, so I'll leave it at that.

Can we have a thread about ejector seats? At a RIAT two years ago some Ukranians were letting people hop into a tandem seater Su-27M for £2 - second to having a Clint Eastwood 'Think in Russian!" moment looking at a lot of dials and switches, I then began to wonder if the ejector seats were 'safe' as unlike a lot of the Western aircraft I couldn't find see any tags with whatever the Russian is for 'Remove before Flight'.

Doesn't the release of the 229 somewhat nullify the need to buy an expensive Prime (?) kit now for all the SIS/SAS afficiendos?  I might end up expanding my 'swiss box' (a shaped foam flight case I currently store my MP9 and 226 in)

Can we have a thread about ejector seats? At a RIAT two years ago some Ukranians were letting people hop into a tandem seater Su-27M for £2 - second to having a Clint Eastwood 'Think in Russian!" moment looking at a lot of dials and switches, I then began to wonder if the ejector seats were 'safe' as unlike a lot of the Western aircraft I couldn't find see any tags with whatever the Russian is for 'Remove before Flight'.

You mean the release of the P228?

Seeing as the P229 has been available in KJ metal form for about 2-3 years now.

But yes it does mean that a cheap a cheerful P228 can now be had, the only reason for the Prime kit would be if you wanted it traded and made of better material for a hefty price.

'FireKnife'

Archived