CO2 Mags for Marui Glocks (Maybe this one will work...)

Horsem4n

So, tiger111hk posted this picture on their facebook page last night:

29569_468778113159775_384054926_n.jpg

At first i was really excited. i mean who wouldn't be glad they could finally use their TM glock decked out with a steel or metal slide in the winter?

but then the realization set in that it's by HFC who dont believe in good aesthetics. at least their mags work compared to KJW co2 mags.

but anyway, i ordered a couple a few minutes after they posted it and cant wait to try them out. hopefully i will get them in a decent time so i can test them out before the end of the winter.

only thing is, i haven't received a confirmation email from tiger111hk and they are already out of stock. anyone else with ordering experience from tiger111hk?

EDIT: yes! it worked! frikken tablet...

Ah finally, great! Though my interest lies in g18c and thus might see a lot of freezing with long bursts. Any chance of testing such? 

But as said, don't understand why do they have to look so bad especially with all that space available in the mag :no:

i do have a tm glock 18 somewhere. its broken and never worked properly. original owner installed a PGC (iirc) slide and stronger hammer spring. it refused to cycle correctly and eventually fell apart in front of us. i still havnt servayed it to see whats broken, but he did give it to me. if i can get it running, ill test out the CO2 mags in it too. then sell it. i guess...

co2 capsules run at 400 PSI at best, the gas is in a solid state. i have my glocked packed with upgrades (steel parts, reiforced BBU parts, ect...) and i am ONLY going to use them (if they even work to begin with) while its cold out.

but if it breaks, which i feel is a 40% probability, its probably just going to crack the nozzle. im prepared for that.

Where did you get that 400 PSI number ? I looked around for my own research a while back and found most figures indicating 700-800 PSI for 12g CO2 capsules.

And also,  just because you use CO2 in a pistol doesn't mean it unleashes the full PSI power right into the gun, it's throttled via the output valve of the magazine of course.

hmmm, now that you mention it, i cannot find where i saw that figure. i guess it may have something to do with the size of the chamber the gas is alloud to expand into.

anyway, it doesnt matter. i have been using CO2 in guns for a long time. if a WE 2011 can handel CO2 in the winter time, my marui sure can.

tiger111hk still has not sent my any email corrispondance about my order. on their website, i can find my order, but its status is still in "packaging". WGC shop and redwolf have already shipped out my orders and i placed them on the same day. i sent them an email last night to explain themselves or hurry the *fruitcage* up.

i don't think WE consciously designs for anything, its just a copypasta game to them(except the HK3 factory). their 2011 loading nozzle is worse than a stock marui nozzle. its got the same shape, but made of a lower grade of plastic.

and BTW, my TM is no longer plastic. like i said, its been overhauled.

I think this discussion about if it will handle or not CO2 is a bit pointless, no offense, we will see soon enough when Horsem4an recieves his mags and tests the *suitcase out of it/them.

Im a CO2 pistols fan (cold in spain is PITA for green gas metal guns) so my whole support to horsem4n for having the balls to test them in a TM so we all could know how good/bad thsese mags are.

Now, my part on criticism to these mags. IIRC correctly the tightening base of the CO2 bulb must be tightened by the users own fingers instead of for example, the KJW, which is made with an allen wrench. This can make the process uncomfortable and probably hard to tighten the bulb in place , leading to leaks. Hope its not a problem once tested, but im a bit worried to be honest

lol, yeah. i really dont understand why i started to defend my decision to test co2 mags in a marui. im surprised anyone opposed like i dont know what im doing. i wasnt asking you guys if i should test them, i was telling you guys about them and am going to be testing them in a marui to see if it works. i know full well that i may crack a cylinder, i have extras on hand, its no big deal. i have broken many a cylinder on CO2 with WEs and HFCs and KJWs, its time to try a marui ;p

aaaaaannnnd... still no contact from tiger111hk. im beginning to think i wont get this *suitcase* until the end of the month or later.

I know that several years ago HFC offered a CO2 version of their "Dark Hawk" (TM Glock clone with Sigma style frame) and used the extended mags pictured above.

(The guns had a propensity to destroy themselves pretty quickly in warm weather, but then the metal slides HFC used were pretty crappy.)

IDK how long they were available, but the mags were TM compatible. So if HFC is making them available again, they should work in a TM.

Slightly random note to tie in with P.S.I.

I recently fixed a misfiring HFC Dark Hawk Glock-a-like,  bent trigger sears and some filing.

Anyway,  tried and tested the HFC mags in 2 TM G17's,  fit and function as normal in both.  However there is a slight difference in the mag body casting and my TM mags would not fit and function in the HFC.

If the pistol breaks beyond repair,  offered to buy the mags :)  for my TM's

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm. Mine has arrived but it doesnt work at all in any of my Marui Glocks.

I have  a Guarder stainless slide one - and due to the pressure of the co2, it simply just doesn't strike the hammer hard enough to jettison any co2. The other upgraded glocks I have  the same problem.

All in all a bit of a fail.

Anyone else have any better luck?

unfortunately, the post office decided to try to deliver the package in the morning, when everyone is asleep on a staurday and now i have to wait until monday and then have to drive to the post office myself to recover my package...

i run a KJW G23 spring in my G35 and a guarder spring in my G18(though, i wasn't able to fix it, but i did find out whats wrong with it)

so, ill figure it out. if it fits, and it should work in a HFC glock, ill get it to work. HFC glock hammer springs should around the same power as KJW.

Archived