Tokyo Marui S&W M66 OUT!

renegadecow

Real-steel K-frame grips attach to the frame by by a screw that goes through the middle of the grips... Modifying them to properly fit and securely attach to a TM revolver will be no small task! Also, make sure you get the right grips - real-steel K-frames come in both round-butt and square-butt configurations. Round-butt grips won't fit a square-butt frame (and vice versa).

I will just use the TM grips screws - they screw into the gas tank from either side and as long as they are in the same area of the RS grips, should still work. I did a similar thing to my TM Python with some real grips, and used the original screws to attach each panel to the gas tank. And yeah, it looks like it is a square-butt k-frame, but I suppose I'll just have to buy one and find out!

Also, I'm not sure it's been discussed but isn't it strange how in this promotional image the 4" has textured grips, but the 2.5" has smooth ones. The 4" also seems to lack grip screws.. 

Tokyo-Marui-Smith-Wession-M66-GBB.jpg

Strange indeed. Until now that you've pointed it out I've always thought the 2.5 and 4" shared the same synthetic grips. My only guess would be the smoother grip with slightly slimmer profile would print less on clothing for a CCW.

Certainly looks like that, and the images on TM website confirm the texture difference. In fact, there is quite a profile difference too. Look at the grip just behind the trigger guard. The 4"is lower and more hooked. Plus the 2.5" has a rounder profile and is overall smaller when you get the images to the right size. Looks like they did take the fact it's a CCW style gun into account. On the site is says 'Original equipment round-butt grip: in front finger grip has a channel that allows the best gripping.' for the 2.5" and 'Hogue rubber grip equipment type: forward grip has a channel that allows the gripping fingers of the best.' (rough translation). 

p_sub5_121211094228.jpgp_sub5_121213172450.jpg

Archived