Replica Trijicon SRS

kagami

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And killflash for those pesky lens shattering BBs :lol:

Im quite sure that the lever and killflash will be released later if the sight sells well. Its a pity they didnt add the optic fiber to it for an extra power output, I believe it is not SO expensive and many people wouldnt mind spending some extra bucks for it...

Just a question... is there any military unit using these sights?

• 2 weeks later...

That's kind of expected TBH, didn't think it would be less than $60.

Maybe I'm too used to the current aimpoint/EOTECH clones out there....they tend to be around the HKD 3xx mark only.  Granted, the DYTAC ones were 475 when they first came out but they were ACM and DYTAC has a history of overpricing their stuff with mediocre QC and product quality.

I just found it a bit astounding that they're pushing the price up to 600 :(

• 2 weeks later...

These better work like a charm, cause EBB marks them at 90$ (with sipping).

They are not yet for sale, but I wont jump for one until Im sure they work in the bright sun, are fully adjustable and dont loose zero.... For that price.

• 3 weeks later...

80$ shipped from various Aliexpress sellers.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=Solar+Sight&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20130522102251

For those who have never used Aliexpress: it's like the chinese ebay. Ive made 28 orders and was happy with all them except for two, were they send the incorrect model. Ive also had sellers send me a free T-1 red dot because the first one didnt work perfectly (but could still be used). It's great to by counterfeit clothing and accesories, if you know how to look for them.

Lots of airsoft stuff, Magpul knockoffs and similar things, usually cheaper than in regular airsoft stores.

*suitcase, mate! you answered while I was editing :lol: I totally forgot to click the free shipping option... derp!

BTW: the sights are advertised as having a solar cell instead of otic fiber... is there any difference in power between them? AND, the should release aprotection for it, like yesterday =(

Funny thing is that these aliexpress versions are sold with the QD mount, whil the ebb is showed with a knob style mount and the aliexpress have a wire to keep safe the battery tab 

AABB%20SR%20style%20red%20dot%20sight%20

Time to save and buy the aliexpress one...

BTW: Do anybody know if this sight is used by any military unit?

Not yet.

Chas did you order from Ali yet? I found them a week ago, but $105 shipped to the US is a bit steep for a clone sight. EBAirsoft has it listed at $90, but they don't have a buy option. Still considering one though haha...

These two have worldwide free shipping, I just checked selecting the US as the destination.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Trijicon-ACOG-Type-1x38-solar-sight/922268726.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Red-Dot-Sight-Trijicon-SRS-1x38-Solar-Sight-For-Airsoft-FREE-SHIPPING/915507347.html

Until they bring out a specific part, Ill do what i did for my Elcan Specter, based on the Acog style killflash:

Get a 38-40 mm killflash for sniper scope. Get a piece of black rubberband, like the ones used on school binders. Tape it to the sides of the killflash, turn over and tape some more.

Put it on the objective and pull the rubberband over the back of the sight and under the lens. Tension should keep it in place.

• 3 weeks later...

Im waiting for chas to make some comments too, but ordering from china means that those comments will probably take a couple of weeks more, so lets just sit patiently and chant our relaxing mantras... ooooom...

* suitcase, I cant wait either :lol:

Morning. This is gonna be a short “first impressions”, since Im supposed to be working.

The sight is great and I recommend it t anyone who likes the looks, but also because it’s the best airsoft sight I have ever tried. BUT IT DOES HAVE SOME FLAWS!

1) The sight is quite big (look up this thread) and looks good on small replicas (MP7) and big ones (SCAR H). It’s fairly light.

2) The loccking system is great, it even has a lever to free the main lever, so the sight isnt released by accident. However, it will be a bit loose on slimmer rails. Use some electrical tape on the RIS and you are good to go.

3) No markings on the left side, where the Trijicon name and model should go, feels a bit empty. Will probably make a sticker for it.

4) The front lens is hge. RS killflash and cover cost like 150$. The front threading is supposed to be 56 mm, so you could probably use some random honeycomb killflash for 56 mm scopes to protect it.

5) Function is GREAT! The dot is super bright, so much that there’s a bit of glare in darker settings, like interiors with no illumination. Ill take it over Chinese red dots you can’t see in bright sun light any day.

The dot is small, but not as small and perfectly shaped as the real deal.

As I already said, the sight is huge and the picture is really big, better than Eotechs, I believe.

The combination of a big picture and a small, bright dot makes for a sight that is perfect for both CQB quick target acquisition and long range precision.

There’s 10 power settings and you have to push both buttons at the same time to turn it off, which usually requires a few tries.

The glass is tinted blue (RS has green and orange, too).

6) Main grudge 1: some idiot decided to put a “solar power” sticker on top of the sight. Not one of those easy to peel off stickers, but one that leaves a nasty residue over the metal housing and the clear plastic that protects the solar cells. I haven’t been able to take it off in a week. I don’t even know if the solar cells work. It takes 1 AA battery.

7) Main grudge 2: the sight is adjustable for elevation and windage, but the latter doesn’t go from center to left. I quickly discovered that the adjustment screw is too long, but it’s very easy to fix, unlike the first generation of ACM Eotechs.

As you can see, my complaints about this gun are either small or easy to fix (unless we are talking about the sticker glue residue). Otherwise, this sight is great, you have to use it to know how comfortable it is.

SHAME ON YOU CHAS! you made my wallet cry :( im buying one as soon as I get home this afternoon :lol:

Questions round:

Did you mount it into an AR? does it cowitness or sits higher than ironsights?

Thanks for the first impressions and eager to read a full blown review ;)

Yeah, I put it on my SR16 and the cowitness with a KAC flip up rear sight and a regular front sight is perfect.

Dont know why anyone would wanna cowitness with a red dot that has that big target picture as one of its main features.

Archived