1895 Nagant Revolver

chas

Made by Wingun, these are actually really nice. I might get the black one, strip it and try to give it a more realistic finish.

Full metal

CO2

400 FPS

7 shells (1 round in each shell)

For a mildly know brand such as WG, 134$ is a bit too steep, IMO. Most chinese semis are in the 55-75$ range.

Besides, given te lesser practicality of these revolvers, I recon most people rather get a deactivated one for the finish or a "real" CO2 gun with metal pellets, to to some serious backyard shooting.

Anyway, it's mice to see WG broadening their offer. opefully they'll start Anaconda, Pythons and stuff, but the Marushin style.

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=33943

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=33944

Happy to see they've found a suitable model to stick their otherwise bulky CO2 system into that won't make it look off. Problem though is that not very many people are willing to buy a 1895 Nagant, much less even know about it.

And if they made Colt revolvers (Anaconda, Python, King Cobra or what have you) it's still going to have that ugly extended rear end due to their bulky CO2 system so beware of what you wish for. They'll need to design a more compact system first and put a hop up in it. It's not like it's 1992 anymore when hop up was considered a marketing gimmick. 

I dunno, the back of that nagant looks pretty compact. No bigger then it would be on a Python or Anaconda. The rumors I heard were that the original WG revolvers were more of a test of the C02 system, hence the gigantism. Dunno how true that is though.

I know I would be excited about metal replica airsoft revolvers. But if they were to make the backs all chunky I would have to pass.

Handled one in a shop.  IIRC it was HKD 1050 or 1150.

It's hefty and had very nice ergos, the shells are not the same as the Dan Wesson ones and extra shells will be available in a month's time.

The muzzle energy my shop friend reported was around 1.5J.  He said that he's looked through the wingun replica (he's a Russian arms fan) and he said that the hammer looks to be compatible with the real one.  Grips are faux-wood but there should be a way of having real wood grips installed with some modifications (except for the piece at the back of the grip).

No hop up but he told me that it seems like it's possible to modify one in...so I guess it's like the other wingun revolvers in that sense.

Oh yeah my friend also skirmished with and and he said he dropped it before from running (I suppose at waist height...he's of average Asian build so I guess at around 1m?).  I believe he dropped it on concrete and he said that other than a scratch on his black Nagant, and the ejection rod part coming a bit loose, the revolver had no damage whatsoever (he fixed the ejection rod part as well by tightening it up again).  It's hefty remember, not a light replica of the real steel....I would've thought the barrel would get bent but he told me he checked it and it was fine.

if the chamber moves back and forth like the current revolvers, a hopups going to be a tough one. the whole inner barrel moved back and forth with the forcing cone so you would have to modify the barrel AND make a mechanism to keep it from rotating.

either way though, this is on the to buy list along with the new snub nose one from G&G. cant wait to see what WG has next for their revolvers. hopefully something more bad *albatross*.

if the chamber moves back and forth like the current revolvers, a hopups going to be a tough one. the whole inner barrel moved back and forth with the forcing cone so you would have to modify the barrel AND make a mechanism to keep it from rotating.

either way though, this is on the to buy list along with the new snub nose one from G&G. cant wait to see what WG has next for their revolvers. hopefully something more bad *albatross*.

I dunno about that as I only handled a shop display one and wasn't allowed to do anything other than to hold it.  I'm hoping it can take a hop up if what my friend said was correct.

tried the LRB in one of the 4 inch ones, never completed the project, but the FPS output was way to high and was sending my .30s skyward after 40 feet. FPS would be too unstable for a hopup system TBH.

really should have played around with it a lot more though.

got the LRB from an old WA 2011 i picked up a long time ago.

i may try again in this nagant revolver, but definately if they make something bad *albatross* like an M&P R8.

SilencedNagant.jpg

Huh does anyone have more pics of the front end of the suppressor?  I was telling my shop friend that he need to buy two Nagants and customise one so it has a silencer on it like the one above :P  I've for an idea on how to do it by first threading the end of the current barrel as what some RS owners do:

M1895-Nagant-Revolver.jpg

Then knock out the front sight; have a long aluminium tube (estimate the dimensions off the first pic) and recess the end plate of the suppressor inwards so the alu tube covers the outer barrel.  Then do an end plate for the front end, slap on some sights on the suppressor once you've indexed it correctly and you should be able to build your very own assassination revolver :P  Another way I think is to chop the outer barrel down to near the very end, then thread it so it ends at the revolver frame, then mount an alu can onto it as if it's a suppressor and add sights after you've indexed it.  Someone with a shop should be able to do this easily IMO.

Happy to see they've found a suitable model to stick their otherwise bulky CO2 system into that won't make it look off. Problem though is that not very many people are willing to buy a 1895 Nagant, much less even know about it.

And if they made Colt revolvers (Anaconda, Python, King Cobra or what have you) it's still going to have that ugly extended rear end due to their bulky CO2 system so beware of what you wish for. They'll need to design a more compact system first and put a hop up in it. It's not like it's 1992 anymore when hop up was considered a marketing gimmick. 

I would disagree with the idea that not many people will pick these up. There is a growing trend of Dan Wesson's/Winguns showing up on the skirmish fields now the knowledge of how to add a hop and downgrade the power is more widely available. (Nice guys and girls writing guides on forums such as these.) 

There's no hop on these co2 guns because they produce both the 4.5 mm and the  6mm by simply changing the inner barrels and providing different shells. Makes sense from their point of view I guess.

Archived