ICS 40mm TAG Shells

Atsalakotos

So, something that has been always missing from airsoft is launchable 40mm grenades (That actually launch BBs on impact). According to this video ICS will be releasing a 40mm shell that is actually a tube with rifling in it, so it can propel grenades to 150 feet. (According to ICS's representative in the video) They will sell these in packs of 5 and will have 4 types. Impact grenade, nerf, smoke and (flashbang!?)

Video from Airsoft Medicine:

This is very interesting news to me, I was really looking forward to AI's launchable grenades, but ICS's offer seems to hit the market first. (They claim the release to be within the next month)

Lots of information is missing though, I would love it if someone with more information would share with us. Like what the propelling mechanism is or more information on the grenades themselves, etc. as in the video they only show the tube and how the nerf grenade goes in.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any proyectile of that size/weight and that can cover 150 feet is dangerous. Period.

The funny thing is, as of this week, Airsoft and Paintball are finally regulated by spanish law, which also states we cannot use (in airsoft) proyectiles bigger than 8mm and/or 0.45 grams.

I was just going to say the same thing. Although the concept sounds interesting I can't imagine being hit in the face with a flashbang is going to be fun.

I thought about the same thing when I was really wishing someone would do something like this. If its a low density plastic, given its size, it cant hurt that much. For me the trouble is the two stage firing... This is really going to make removing foan/vents from the bottom of goggles absolutely insane. Also, in safe zones... Im on the fence about these. Normally the 40mm shells can be in a pouch and always pointed down. Worst case scenario, you nail your own foot a hundred times. If these new ones pop out of the pouch or around webbing or whatever... They just seem a little unpredictable.

That said, sign me up for 5.

Its true that there are safety concerns. But tornado grenades with all that weight are dangerous too. And hey, the 150ft trajectory may be if you aim really high. (Most probably) And IF ICS knows what they are doing the shells should be soft rubber coated or something to protect both the device and the receiving end...

Anyway I want to be able to use these in CQB (Impact grenade BB type) so if they are versatile with what the power output is, sign me up too! (Would be a great reason to get an M320 too)

Finally, an excuse to carry the GLM for something besides room clearing, though I'm skeptical of the "150-300 foot" range.  I'm looking forward to seeing how their flashbang and BB grenades work.  

Too bad we can't just do this: 

The pyro versions may well be tehnically illegal under UK law, however a launchable-impact BB shower would be amazing.

Until someone is a *rickroll* with one at your local site and gets 'em banned like has happened with rubber knives, lasers, mines, bfgs, I read on their forum the other day one site near here has even had to ban handcuffs cos someone clipped another player up without checking they had the keys.

This idea was implemented in Russia by TAG Innovation company and we have customized ICS GLMs wich are able to shoot 6 in a row with frag, smoke or blank training projectiles. There are some vids on youtube. the package is not cheap ($1200 for the launcher and 6 shells) but it gives you tremendous advantage on the field (playing tacticaly). And shooting distance is 70-80 meters with no wind

Unfortunately in many countries it will be illegal, so I think these guys didn't bother about trying to get their products there.

Will make a video review when have a time and disposable grenades as one salvo of 6 grenades costs $38... plus gas :)

By the way these grenades are quite safe (there is even a video where retailer's employee is shot by granade straight into his body from 30 meters), but you have to get allowance from organizators/field to use them to prevent self-made replicas usage.

It's not getting hit at 30m that bothers me, it's some twunt pulling the trigger and accidentally clipping me in the head at 3m that worries me.

Yep, that's an issue... In fact they are allowed only on field games where no close quaters engagements possible. and usually idiots don't have $1200 and $6 per shot to use this "ubergun"

anyway with european/north america laws it's a never-never land

Archived