Stark Arms Glock 17 GBB

Squad 701

Hi all,
I might as well start the debate here, but is the uneven alignment at the front of the frame and slide on the newly released Stark Arms Glock 17 acceptable ?
Even my TM Prime/Guarder has a slight step at the front, but not as pronounced as on the Stark version.
This doesn't seem to affect the recently released Stark Arms Glock 19 which is perfectly aligned at the front.

This has previously been discussed over at Arms.Cool, but the outcome was a bit inconclussive or hard to tranlate !

I thought I would bring it up again due to the $50 difference in price between the SA Glock 19 ($90) and SA Glock 17 ($140)

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=58&products_id=9947

Stark Arms Glock 17 (CNC Version)

StarkGlock17.jpg

RS :

Glock17-CA-2.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what they got the 19 right and then charge more for a 17 that doesn't sit right?

While it isn't out that much as we already have Glocks that do why bother with this?

'FireKnife'

Because at the end of the day, there will be a market for one regardless of how you feel about it bud. ;-)

Because at the end of the day, there will be a market for one regardless of how you feel about it bud. ;-)

I think you, like many others still take my posts too seriously :P.

However it does seem a bit odd, considering that making an entry into the Glock market is like bringing out a new AR, it really needs to just offer that different something to sell it to all the other Glock buyers. Saying that, if it has the hidden 'Stark Arms' full auto switch then it might be interesting.

'FireKnife'

Let's put it this way. Their Glock 19 has skyrocketed to become the most saught after airsoft Glock on the market in just a few weeks and they are sold out everywhere. They do look great, initial reports say they function and operate well also. So yeah, I think they would be stupid NOT to make a Glock 17. I hate to say it, but appearance wise it puts my fully traded HK Glock 17 to shame, and along with it many of the aftermarket kits as well...

But, this short slide thing is killing the Glock 17 for me, not acceptable ...

:|

I think you, like many others still take my posts too seriously :P.

However it does seem a bit odd, considering that making an entry into the Glock market is like bringing out a new AR, it really needs to just offer that different something to sell it to all the other Glock buyers. Saying that, if it has the hidden 'Stark Arms' full auto switch then it might be interesting.

'FireKnife'

Pish. As a fan of the Glock line of airsoft guns, there is always a demand for a better Glock replica. I've had KWA's, Cyma Aep's, and Tokyo Marui Gbb's. Sadly they are all starting to lag behind on the technology and finish front. The TM Glock 17/18c are lovely shooters, but lack the better finish, kick, and tolerance to green gas of the newer Marui guns. KWA feel great and kick nicely, but the hop is terrible and the trades are a bit of a slog to get right (the whole import a KSC slide). Lets not get into a debate about WE, its a Marui with a metal slide.

Ideally a full revamp to the glock line in Gen4 format from Tokyo Marui with with the newer blowback unit, hop and materials treatment that the M9a1 got would be fantastic.

In the meantime, might give the VFC a look in,

Pish.

it really needs to just offer that different something to sell it to all the other Glock buyers.

So wait you agree with my point and then disagree with it? I am confused. :s

A Glock will always be like an AR, if it offers something else over the other basic models then it will sell, if that is fine trades and a better BBU then good. If however it looks like any other gun and doesn't perform then people would only bother if the other gun is restricted by country laws etc. :P

'FireKnife'

Pish. As a fan of the Glock line of airsoft guns, there is always a demand for a better Glock replica. I've had KWA's, Cyma Aep's, and Tokyo Marui Gbb's. Sadly they are all starting to lag behind on the technology and finish front. The TM Glock 17/18c are lovely shooters, but lack the better finish, kick, and tolerance to green gas of the newer Marui guns. KWA feel great and kick nicely, but the hop is terrible and the trades are a bit of a slog to get right (the whole import a KSC slide). Lets not get into a debate about WE, its a Marui with a metal slide.

Ideally a full revamp to the glock line in Gen4 format from Tokyo Marui with with the newer blowback unit, hop and materials treatment that the M9a1 got would be fantastic.

In the meantime, might give the VFC a look in,

This is talking of stock out of the box design though....I don't think I've owned a stock GBB for more than a week....

Also WE actually have larger piston than TM based Glock(which VFC is also one)...its actually a hop topic on the Arms-Cool since there are supporter for either VFC or WE and like any internet forum, fanboys will be fanboys and there are plenty of debates on the merit of each...

...........................................................................................................................

Also WE actually have larger piston than TM based Glock(which VFC is also one)..................................................................

I know this is not a WE Glock series post, but I can certainly confirm what RM states, my new WE G19 kicks like a mule, much more than a friend's KWA USP Compact and tons better than the old Army R17 (straight TM clone)  I use to own, with a REAPS bucking shoots more than enough straight and long for CQB... Thread jack over...

I know this is not a WE Glock series post, but I can certainly confirm what RM states, my new WE G19 kicks like a mule, much more than a friend's KWA USP Compact and tons better than the old Army R17 (straight TM clone)  I use to own, with a REAPS bucking shoots more than enough straight and long for CQB... Thread jack over...

Errr thanks for that. I'm sure your WE advertising share will be in the post to you soon. Good thing too, you can put it towards the inevitable repairs in a few months.  :D 

Hopefully this issue with the VFC G17 will be addressed in subsequent production runs, it's a shame the CAD engineer got over zealous on the fillet tool and interesting it didn't get picked up before production went ahead. I'm personally hoping there's a second run of the Stark arms G18c's, but with proper trade marks. (Unless there is?)

Errr thanks for that. I'm sure your WE advertising share will be in the post to you soon. Good thing too, you can put it towards the inevitable repairs in a few months.  :D 

Come on man, that was kind of uncalled for... But then again I also like WEs so, but I sure as *suitcase* don't get any checks :(

Anyways, how proper do you want it ?

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=58&products_id=8790

I too would think that later batches of the 17 will have the problem corrected.

Ha, it was more jest than anything else.   :innocent: 

Also on the proper front, I'm in the market, as it were. I have a bunch of Glock mags and a holster just sitting around from the demise of my thoroughly worn out Marui 17 (rest it's eternal soul). Currently eyeing up a Marui 18c, (Marui guns are a little less sensitive to our rather changeable UK weather) but would probably have gone with the VFC G17 had they not let that mistake happen.

Also thats pretty, am I right in thinking that is a stark Arms 18c base with a Guarder frame and Slide? Shame it's out of stock.

No I think that is 100% Stark made, it's called Custom because of the trademarks.

There are actually two versions of the Stark Arms Glock 17 as far as I am aware,

one being the normal slide which sells at the same price point as the SA G19,

the other being advertised as the CNC version which is more expensive.

I'm not too sure if both versions have the steel-barrel.

Hopefully later batches will correct the slide shortness at the front.

You're welcome, although I don't get any check, I like to share my experience and information, that's all, I know this is a forum for expressing ideas and stuff but sometimes folks express themselves in a mean way, Internet communication at its best I think, you can't take it too seriously...

..................................................................................

Honestly until some user based first-hand photo's come out I wouldn't be too concerned about that small gap.  Looking at the photos on that arms-cool thread it looks like the pictures were all taken with the pistol de-cocked (Ie the trigger was back in all of them).  I can manually cause my Stark G19 to get "hung up" so to speak in the same fashion while the pistol has the trigger down.  Simply giving the slide a gentle push seats the slide correctly.  

The one thing I *would* be worried about on that gun, however, is the frame texture (in comparison to their Glock 19):

IMG_3410.JPG

This is the only disappointing part to my eyes at least.  They got it SOOOOOOOO close on their G19 that i's almost identical to the real deal (ie an actual Glock). 

Ehobby Asia photo of the G19:

vfc-gbb-sag19_8_mark.jpg

This photo doesn't do the texture quite the justice it's due, but it at least highlights the difference for the purpose of my argument.  

And for true comparisons sake, a few real Glocks:

Glock17.jpg

Glock30-Fullsideview-026.jpg

^click on that one, it's pretty high-res

Truth be told that isn't enough of a deal-breaker to dissuade me from buying the pistol.  If it performs like this G19 with it's super crisp trigger and nice punchy recoil I'd be more than happy.

But since this was started about the nit-picky ~1mm of play.... :P  I thought I should chime in 

We will just have to wait for someone to buy one and post some shots, and hopefully even compare with the Glock 19.

My Prime/TM Glock 17 is already a mm at least short at the front, the Stark has to be at least 1.5 ;)

Anyhow I'll be first in line to buy one when the time is right, I didn't even notice the texture to be honest !

Not much feedback over on Arms-Cool.net, usually a good source for information.

RacingManiac has said elsewhere that these will take TM hop-up rubbers and inner barrels, but I haven't been able to confirm 100% that other internals will fit.  Judging by the parts diagram things like Guarder/SD impact hammers and the like *should* fit, but until I can compare some parts side by side I won't be able to say for certain.

As for the sights, no, rear sights made for the TM Glocks will not fit.  Real deal sights, however, should:

IMG_1510.jpg

Thus far it seems to be TM based internally, just with some modifications done by Stark-Arms/VFC.  

Blowback unit difference:

737898_4471447457305_1025097061_o.jpg

Extremely tight.  It's the same setup that KSC uses on their Glock essentially.  Unlike the KSC's, however, which become looser than all get out after just taking the rear-sight off once, they molded two slightly raised rectangles on the rear-sight so that it maintains a good rigidity when you slide it back in.  

Archived