Stark Arms Glock 17 GBB

Squad 701

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies for the delay. Ended up shooting a video response instead. Editing and encoding now, will post tomorrow.

I have to warn you though it is my shitties produced video so far, but I think it will answer your questions :D

Informative video. Thanks for sharing it. But how do you not function test the gun after modifying it? It's great that the small front gap is removed, but surely it's a good idea to function test any modification you do before putting it out there.  :mellow:

Glad you found the video useful despite the crappy quality...

The video is not publicly posted, only for this thread so it's not "out there" per say. But yeah valid point I guess.

I guess actually firing my airsoft pistols aren't that big of a concern to me :P

But I can't see how it could hurt to be honst.

I will see if I can load up some gas and BBs tomorrow and verify it's functioning properly.

EDIT: Just loaded up the mag with a full load of BBs and they held in there fine. Dry cycled all of the BBs thru the pistol twice and no problem, so not looking like a catastrophic mod at least :o

Just an FYI regarding the RS Glock baseplates. On subsequent magazines and plates I decided to re-shape the detent nub on the magazine follower (bottom) instead of messing with the hole on the plate.

Just used a small file and shaved off some material. The nub is kind of tapered so it became bigger at the bottom on the front side, that needs to be field down and then just trim off very little all around it and it works like a charm!

Was easier to do due to softer material and the plates and holes came out looking alot cleaner as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my Stark Arms G17 today and I can only say that it looks awesome (thanks NonEx). The feel of the gun is better than on WE G17 Gen4 and the material finish seems better as well. The way the slide moves is much better in my opinion than on WE G17 and it doesn't scratch the shell exit plate when the slide is moving back (like WE does).

When it comes to the frame to slide fit then I don't seem to have any major issues there with or without the mag inside. Still need to do some shooting with the gun but from other comments I expect the accuracy to be rather good as well.

Everything seems tight and in place as I would come to expect from VFC and it will be a nice addition to my VFC SCAR-L.

• 5 weeks later...

I was asked about the VFC Glock 17 vs. Glock 19 via PM, here is my response which should cover why I advocate the Glock 19 over the 17 :P

However, if you want to get both, the Glock 17 is by no means bad, but it it relatively worse than the Glock 19.

As for the Glocks, if you want _the_ most realistic airsoft Glock out there, regardless of brand or model, nothing beats the Stark Glock 19!

I once was a Glock 19 hater, the format that is, and thought the Glock 17 looked and felt better. Now I have flipped and like the Glock 19 alot better.

Even though the Glock 19 is advertised as a "compact", it really isn't unless you have gigantic hands.

My main problem with compacts is that the bottom of your palm and the pinkie finger fall off of the guns grip, but on the Glock 19 this is not the case, at least for me (medium/large hands, slim).

However, if you are a die hard Glock 17 fan, then here are the differenses between the Stark Glock 19 and the Glock 17;

• Glock 17 has wider frame, ie. not real spec Glock 17 size. It is somwhere between WE fat and RS size.
  • Glock 17 has "poor" texturing on the grip panels, they are raised up too high from the rest of the frame and the texture is too shallow and not aggressive enough.
  • The slide may have a gap at the front towards the frame, not going fully into battery (0.75-1.25mm). This can be fixed by shaving off some material on the rear of the feeding lip.
  • The magazine sits completely flush up against the frame (real glocks have 1-1.5mm gap between magazine baseplate and frame bottom)
  • The Glock 17 is available in CNC version with CNC slide and steel barrel. Overall nicer quality, look, feel and sound than the "cast" Glock 19, but the other points above tilt the scale to the Glock 19 still.
  • The Glock 17 frame does not have the high-gloss finish of the embossed logo and text "boxes" on the frame. They are the same matte finish as the rest of the frame.
  • The Glock 17 frame material is slightly "worse" than the Glock 19, overall. They basically refined the polymer recipe I guess.

Those are the points that I can think of right now.

Like I said, the Stark Glock 19 with full markings is "the *suitcase*" :)

As for the WE or TM Glocks. There has always been something about them that bothered me alot, an felt "off".

• One is the width of the frame being off-spec.
  • The other is the serial number plate safety.
  • Another is the gaps between slide and frame, way too tight.
  • Also, the chamfering on the top edge (lenght wise) of the slides on these are off, they are too narrow. Look at a real Glock and the Stark, the fromt chamfer is smaller while the side chamfer up top has a wider radius.
  • The little angle edge under the front of the slide leading down to the rail surface is too shallow and at a too harsh of an angle.
  • The frames have faint seamlines around the textured inlays in the grip panel.

I have seen fully pimped TM and WE Glocks with the most expensive and detailed after-market parts, and they all fail on many of the points above and still look "off".

There are however a few minor "flaws" with the Stark Glock 19, as follows;

• The frame "beaver tail" is extended. Aestethically this is wrong, but for comfort and grip it's actually better!
  • The front gap between slide and barrel (if you look at the pistol from the front) is too tight. This is to maintain accuracy. I actually filed down the sides of my frame to make the gap bigger!
  • The serial number plate has some excess space on either side of the plate that are not there on an RS Glock.
  • The marking text in the info boxes on the right hand side are a little "wonky", crooked and uneven. It only shows you look _really_ closely at it.
  • Recoil spring assembly is dual-spring style, which is more like a Glock GEN4, and not GEN3. Only shows when field-stripped though, so no biggie.

Stark / VFC Glock 19 album

https://picasaweb.google.com/117328876138007382074/StarkGlock19Redux2#

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine!

9665184141_065dc84d7b_b.jpg

Very Nice pics!

I also have the G17 (CNC) variant and I find the thing unreal! In fact I find it quite a bit better quality than the G19 overall. 

I couldn't help but notice your barrel is different, identical to the barrel I got with my G19 and you have 2 barrels included, where as mine only came with one (Metal CNC).

Where did you purchase from? I assume this is not the CNC version?

I don't see how "everything" can be better on the Glcok 17, doesn't make sense from my experience.

Better is subjective - your experience has nothing to do with someone else's perceptions of which is superior.

I like the VFC/Stark Glocks...personally I would rank the G19 higher than the G17, but it's each to their own

"Superior quality" is not really all that subjective. Quality can be measured and compared. In my instance I am refering to how close it is to an RS Glock and how the two models differentiate compared to that.

I find most of the points I described above hard to dispute in that sense, that's why I am suprised and question what he is talking about.

But whatever.

Archived