New AK to AR stock adapter...

RacingManiac

http://www.rifledynamics.com/shop/index.php

Scroll down to "RD AK to AR Stock Adapter"

Really this is more meant for RS but it'll work with GHK and any other airsoft AK that can take RS stocks. This is for any AK with a non-folding stock on a non-milled receiver. Interesting alternative to the Vltor adapter.

This video shows the installation:

The Design puts the stock axis higher up compare the Vltor design, and hides the rear trunnion tang inside the buffer tube. Also allows for use with rear end plate of a regular AR, which means something like ASAP plate will work with the adapter.

Saw it before, but it sits WAY too high over bore for my personal taste.

from what i see, the bore line goes down the center of the tube. exactly where it sits an an AR.

i really like it, though it really wont fit on anything airsoft. dont GHK use LCT receivers?

lct has a block under the tang:

lct_pk_01_l.jpg

My GHK is running RS Vltor stock tube, bolts on exactly how the RS stock works....

I thought this also lines up more like an AR. Since AK stock sits low to start with, thats why I run a riser on my CTR. Running this setup with a riser might actually put you above the plane for the stock AK irons.

Looks like its another case of RS following airsoft:

ad-7972.jpg

B)

I have the above one and I can definitely confirm that it does not fit on an LCT/VFC style full stock body because of that block underneath the tang to support the stock. It would require EXTENSIVE modifications to the point where the attachment strength would become weakened.

The stock adapter will easily work on the 2011 and 2012 models for the GHK GBBR and it should work with some slight mods on a WE AK (if I remember the rear tang correctly).  However, this will not work on any AEG AK that I have ever seen.

what are you guys seeing? the buffer tube IS in line with the bore on this adapter. all previous adapters keep the same stock angle of the regular AK stocks.

^This.

AK's receiver bottom is actually slanted, the only thing that makes this look off is because the adapter sits higher than the top cover, but the chamber in the AK actually is higher than the split line of the top cover as well....

• 2 months later...

Archived