Photo
- - - - -

Kriss drops KWA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
228 replies to this topic

#1 PreacherMan

PreacherMan

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

I thought this was a bad joke for a second. As a KWA Kriss owner, I'm worried.

http://www.kriss-arms.com/latest-news/51-kriss-arms-terminates-exclusive-trademark-licensing-with-kwa

Seems they're going to have to stop making them.

#2 Isamu

Isamu

Gun Trafficker

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

As a potential owner of the AEG version, this seriously *fruitcages me...but I can see KWA seriously "bothered"

Ke9nlYo.jpg

AIRSOFT ACHIEVEMENT LIST: Engineering and demolitions, Cheap bastid, Eagle eyes, Dedicated, Brainiac, Customizer, Infiltrator, Family man, Pimped Gun, Hippie, 1 of 300, Treasure hunter, Combat medic,Dance, F**ker Dance!, I Mean Business, First Do No Harm, Fortunate Son, Ninja (6 consecutive knife kills), deciever, David and Goliath,

WANT TO BUY:

Boneyard A&K acr and parts

Tactical Tailor Universal mag pouch

Tactical Tailor Joey hydration pouch

#3 PreacherMan

PreacherMan

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

I'm worried about aftermarket support, replacement parts, etc. It sucks for KWA, this thing was on the drawing board for years. No idea what happened up the ladder but it sucks consumers are paying the price

#4 renegadecow

renegadecow

is brony

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

From how I read it, all they're terminating is exclusivity.

As part of its strong commitment and support to the Milsim and professional training community, KRISS Arms will be seeking for new innovative partners in the airsoft industry to market its current and upcoming airsoft products

I'm guessing they just want more money by plastering their name on anyone who's willing to pay for it. That or they're in bed with Cybergun.

You wanna die with a man's gun. Not a little sissy gun like that.
saasbh.jpg

#5 Azubi

Azubi

Insh'allah!

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

I'd love to know the reason for this decision.

Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment! :) Operation: EastWind - 9 Days of hardcore Cold War Milsim!

#6 PreacherMan

PreacherMan

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Nyon, Switzerland - 18.04.2013 - KRISS Arms, the Swiss global leader in firearms innovation, announces the termination of its exclusive trademark licensing with KWA. This termination affects all current and future KRISS airsoft projects, including the popular KRISS Vector SMG GBB and upcoming AEG version.

You may be right. The wording is a little murky, but how they were talking about terminating the contract and how the termination affects KWA's existing products is worrisome

RenegadeCow, I'm really hoping you're right. I don't feel like having a gun with no product support in a year or so, even if it means some kids get LPEGs or the like.

Edited by Tinkerton, 18 April 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#7 WTF?Shane

WTF?Shane

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Bummer

#8 renegadecow

renegadecow

is brony

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

I'd love to know the reason for this decision.

In a business environment, it's usually down to one reason.

mo-money-o.gif

You wanna die with a man's gun. Not a little sissy gun like that.
saasbh.jpg

#9 Zereck

Zereck

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Oh just posted it in the KWA Kriss thread, should have looked more carefully. But yeah I hope Kriss won't actually stop KWA from making more of their guns.

#10 Horsem4n

Horsem4n

Visualizes rails on EVERYTHING

• Commercial User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

well this sucks... first HK and now KRISS? what the hell did KWA do to ###### everyone off?

I can't help the fact that I look like the offspring of an angry Serbian mobster and a drunken, slutty polar bear.

#11 gijohn2

gijohn2

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

It's KWA...people only like kwa for their mp9 mp7 kriss and gbbr ak and m4

Hate.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other *bramston pickle* die for his

General George S.patton

WA H&K 416 GBBR 14.5"

TM 5.1 Hi-Capa range demon

#12 hawaiianjuggernaut

hawaiianjuggernaut

Oil Baron

• Commercial User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

From how I read it, all they're terminating is exclusivity.

As part of its strong commitment and support to the Milsim and professional training community, KRISS Arms will be seeking for new innovative partners in the airsoft industry to market its current and upcoming airsoft products

I'm guessing they just want more money by plastering their name on anyone who's willing to pay for it. That or they're in bed with Cybergun.

There's a chance!!! HAVE VFC OEM THE AEG VERSION.

well this sucks... first HK and now KRISS? what the hell did KWA do to ###### everyone off?

Make crappy guns. Probably. 

cryeordie_zps7dde2ddb.png

Speed is the lifeblood of battle

Facebook

Instagram

#13 Inari

Inari

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

It doesn't say they're being dropped. It says they've stopped exclusive rights. There's a big difference.

It does all come down to money, and in all likelihood KWA couldn't deliver on a promise and so they're seeking alternatives. I would say that KWA will keep KRISS trademarks (they've invested a lot into the Vector), but they will no longer be exclusive.

You know, I'd say it's probably to do with the KSC KRISS Vector that irked KRISS themselves.

HobbyAirsofter.com

"Welcome to the Money pit"

#14 NonEx

NonEx

aka Mr. OCD

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

That came as a suprise I have to say... Something must of gone wrong somewhere :o

#15 cazboab

cazboab

The Arbiter of Conversation

• Global Moderators
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

I don't think it's really fair to say that KWA make ###### guns any more than anyone else nowadays. If anything they have the least number of total POS guns on their books,though I would say, if they had made a pistol(side arm not a stock less carbine/smg) that used the kriss mags, that would have been awesome.

#16 hawaiianjuggernaut

hawaiianjuggernaut

Oil Baron

• Commercial User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

I don't think it's really fair to say that KWA make ###### guns any more than anyone else nowadays. If anything they have the least number of total POS guns on their books,though I would say, if they had made a pistol(side arm not a stock less carbine/smg) that used the kriss mags, that would have been awesome.

3/5 of the KWAs I have owned had serious issues.  The GBB series is much better quality compared to the AEG line.

Ive sold all my KWA AEGs because of their issues and proprietariness. 

Facebook

Instagram

#17 NeoVeNoM

NeoVeNoM

Ignorance is a bliss, isn't it?

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Why do I have this creeping feeling we will see 250USD licensed Kriss GBB pop up, made in china?

1. have schematics

2. search for cheap manufacturer

3. ....

4. Profit!

Current armory:

GBB:

TM 1911, TM 5-7, 5x custom TM Hicapa's from 4.3 to 7", KWA FPG, WA 6" infinity Custom, 2x Marushin Mateba, 2x WE M9 Sword Cutlass

GBBR:

GHK G5

AEG:

PTS ACR, PTS ACR sniper, PTS PDR, G&G FS51, Bullpup TM MC51, custom Bolt M4 patriot sniper, TM G36c to K custom, TM PSG-1 custom,

SRC XM8, CA G3SG1 custom, CA G33Kurz custom, JG Ikazuchi, TM MP7a1, G&P Magpul M4 custom, Ares G36c EBB, Ares Tar21 custom

Spring:

VSR10 Custom, Spas12

owned:

too many to list!!

#18 hawaiianjuggernaut

hawaiianjuggernaut

Oil Baron

• Commercial User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Why do I have this creeping feeling we will see 250USD licensed Kriss GBB pop up, made in china?

1. have schematics

2. search for cheap manufacturer

3. ....

4. Profit!

Have G&P make the aeg version

Profit beyond everything. 

Facebook

Instagram

#19 hawaiianjuggernaut

hawaiianjuggernaut

Oil Baron

• Commercial User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Haha I would buy that. If they somehow shove a V2 gearbox in there, Id buy it, strip it down, drop a polarstar in it.

POLARSTAR VECTOR! WHAT NOW!?

Facebook

Instagram

#20 FTZ-WildeCard

FTZ-WildeCard

Fire Team Zulu Founder

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Or have G&G make one with pneumatic blow back - not everyone's cup of tea, but I would certainly buy it! :D 

Lack of recoil and simulated cycling bolt = closer to real steel ... and if they got it to work with the Gbox concept (unlikely but damn) wouldn't that be something at least? I'd deffo want this more than the CO2 revolvers they've been pushing recently!

In any case, the AEG Vector is on my list so got keen eyes on this post for news. :)

Fire Team Zulu

Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

And our YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/FireTeamZuluAirsoft

Site Meter