Kriss drops KWA

PreacherMan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exclusivity contract dropped yessay?....marui kriss GBB within the year. Bam , I said it.

Did Marui ever do the licensing thing? I was under the impression they just create their replicas and do none of the paperwork. :) 

OK, maybe the Resident Evil/Biohazard stuff -- but did Glock ever sign up to TM?

Did Marui ever do the licensing thing? I was under the impression they just create their replicas and do none of the paperwork. :)

OK, maybe the Resident Evil/Biohazard stuff -- but did Glock ever sign up to TM?

I'm unsure...some of their models do have trademarks (sig p226, hk416...) so maybe they reach an agreement with the RS company. I was kidding thou.

If marui made a vector it would be announced tomorrow, we would see a resin model in a year, and then it would never exist. All the mean while WE goes "oh you guys want a vector, ok well here's one we whipped up in a few hours, its "meh" but hey its this or nothing."

Actually, it probably has much less to do with the assumption of money when you account... Facebook posts by former KWA Allen, who is now. "Allen Kriss" on Facebook.

"Now you know why I QUIT KWA. 

http://www.kriss-arms.com/latest-news/51-kriss-arms-terminates-exclusive-trademark-licensing-with-kwa"

-Allen Kriss

(In response to "Allen Kriss is probably on an NDA and cannot discuss circumstances if his departure from KWA...")

"NDA... yes and no. But I had to make a moral decision. therefore I [went] to Kriss." 

-Allen Kriss

https://www.facebook.com/Allizard1967?fref=ts

Piecing together what caused KWA to lose the licensing with Kriss Arms...  

1. Former KWA marketing manager announces that he is leaving KWA. (3-4 weeks ago)

2. Kriss Arms terminates exclusive Trademark licensing with KWA. 

3. Former KWA marketing manager reveals that he had quit from KWA and is now working for Kriss Arms.

One of the managers who greatly contributed to the development, licensing, and production of the KWA Kriss Vector, now works for Kriss Arms, which just terminated the Trademark licensing with KWA. So... I doubt money has to do with it. 

Nope... KWA is done.  They can no longer produce and distribute the GBB Vector.  Nor the AEG version that's in the work since last year.  I know.... I was there.

Perhaps a better question should be asked "What did Yih Kai (KWA's manufacturer and owner) have done to off Kriss?"  

There is not much more I can say publicly at this moment.  But I will say this.... what they did, not only cause one person to quit US office.  More than HALF of KWA staffs in US have QUIT their job.  Think about that.

Former KWA Product Marketing Manager

- Allen

TM has never licensed any trademarks. They just use trademarks as local Japanese legislation is different and do not protect IP rights.

Only if exported out of Japan licensed TM guns, like Glock, Colt, AUG, HK etc. etc. will be an issue.

And the importer will be held responsible so TM doesn’t care...

///Bjerre

Nope... KWA is done.  They can no longer produce and distribute the GBB Vector.  Nor the AEG version that's in the work since last year.  I know.... I was there.

Perhaps a better question should be asked "What did Yih Kai (KWA's manufacturer and owner) have done to ###### off Kriss?"  

There is not much more I can say publicly at this moment.  But I will say this.... what they did, not only cause one person to quit US office.  More than HALF of KWA staffs in US have QUIT their job.  Think about that.

Former KWA Product Marketing Manager

- Allen

Yih Kai is incredible difficult to deal with.

Over the years not many distributors/partners have been able to work with them for longer period of time…

Regarding the KRISS termination of Trademark Licensing with KWA, I think it is pretty clear from the press lease that the “partnership” has ended.  

Note that KRISS is DEFIANCE Airsoft = European distributor for KWA. So it is not all about the KRISS Vector licensing - There is more under the hood J

///Bjerre

Hmmm... Moral decision, more than half of KWA USA quit over something... Probably not money or tech related.

Something was discovered at the manufacturer and KWA owner referensed above... Child labour? Inhumane factory conditions ? Slavery ? :o

Just guessing, but what could it be to cause that kind of an fallout.

Again, where is my Makarov!!!!!

Still I feel bad for the people that have bought the Kriss if the mags and spare parts are stopped.

What exactly is going on with KWA USA and KWA in general is something we would all like to know.

'FireKnife'

TM has never licensed any trademarks.

They do. It's the reason why some of their guns have proper trades (FN SCAR, Colt, H&K, S&W) while others don't (Springfield, FN 5-7). Take the case of their M19 for instance. It was first released with proper trades way back when but was immediately noticed by S&W. They were forced to replace the trades with "TM" only stylized in the S&W font (like the TM in FN font on their 5-7 pistol) until they stopped production. Recently they were able to buy trademark rights from S&W which is why they're able to re-release their M19/66 with proper trades making sure they emblazon the name all over their website.

Archived